It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 US soldiers head to Haiti as violence intensifies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I can't wait till the headlines come out about how some Poor Hungry Haitians were killed by the big bad evil American Soldiers. You know it's coming. Meanwhile the soldiers will be caught in the middle while they are attempting to distribute food to the injured, hungry and homeless Children.

Exactly! Isn't the U.S. the devil in the world, right along with Israel? We even have people here 'planning' what country the U.S. is going to invade from Haiti. And they'll be the same exact ones to vilify the American military in whole when a soldier takes down an aggressor while providing security in the streets, and be commended by the members and staff for the 'reporting' here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

The bodies are not even cold yet. Some say over a few hundred thousand and we are already seeing conspiracies develop. The US Earthquake Machines. Haitian Gold. A base for invading Venezuela....ETC.

Has anybody thought about the millions of hungry and potentially starving people? I can only imagine the Flack the US would be getting from world opinion if we sat back and did nothing.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Unfortunately it's bound to happen, and then we'll have a new rash of anti-american threads. You can almost hear some of the usual suspects licking their lips.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
OMG!! Haiti is close to Cuba!!! Sweet Jeebus, that's it!

We don't need Haiti and their freakin' one runway airport if we wanted to raise hell with Cuba.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Mmm ... perhaps a quick looksie at how nations go about establishing legitimacy for troop presence on foreign soil is in order. Getting in is the most difficult element ... then we hang around, you know, to help.

Certainly a valid consideration not worthy of such flippant hyperbole.

[edit on 17 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I found this bit about the intertwined history of the U.S. and Haiti today and found it a fascinating read.

Haiti's Tragic History Is Entwined with the Story of America

Announcing emergency help for Haiti after a devastating 7.0-magnitude earthquake, President Barack Obama noted America’s historic ties to the impoverished Caribbean nation, but few Americans understand how important Haiti’s contribution to U.S. history was.

In modern times, when Haiti does intrude on U.S. consciousness, it’s usually because of some natural disaster or a violent political upheaval, and the U.S. response is often paternalistic, if not tinged with a racist disdain for the country’s predominantly black population and its seemingly endless failure to escape cycles of crushing poverty.

However, more than two centuries ago, Haiti represented one of the most important neighbors of the new American Republic and played a central role in enabling the United States to expand westward. If not for Haiti, the course of U.S. history could have been very different, with the United States possibly never expanding much beyond the Appalachian Mountains.

Altnet.org

This 200 year old story has it all! Napoleon Bonaparte and Thomas Jefferson playing a grand game of Chess on the Haitian space on the board.

Truly fascinating read for anyone who wants to better understand Haiti’s history and historical significance to the U.S., well worth the few minutes it takes to read.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Mmm ... perhaps a quick looksie at how nations go about establishing legitimacy for troop presence on foreign soil is in order. Getting in is the most difficult element ... then we hang around, you know, to help.

Yeah, it if was worth staging from. As I said, Haiti has a single runway airport. I don't see too much staging from there. The US has carriers that could do more damage.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Certainly a valid consideration not worthy of such flippant hyperbole.

"Flippant hyperbole"? Did you just call me fat?

(BTW, great AV!)

[edit on 17-1-2010 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Yeah, it if was worth staging from. As I said, Haiti has a single runway airport. I don't see too much staging from there. The US has carriers that could do more damage.

Now look here kind sir ... if we're gonna use stone cold logic around here then we might as well torch this place.
Can't we speculate a tinsy bit?

"Flippant hyperbole"? Did you just call me fat?

You know I don't know what it means either ... it sounded good though.

But to answer your question ... probablie.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
2012 Dry run. Goes to show if there is a phenomna going to happen this is what it may look like.
Sorry to see this happening, its so sad that so many are suffering in this manner.
Bless all those that have passed on and may those that are left, be able to build a better life for not only themselves but their families as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I cannot imagine how I would react, However,when I saw some complaining because they thought they were getting expired biscuits, I was completely amazed. How frigin ungrateful.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Gangs of men on Boulevard Jean-Jacques Dessalines, their faces covered with bandannas to mask both their identity and the smell of decaying bodies, brandished machetes and sharpened planks of wood as they ran from shop to shop stealing shoes, rolls of carpet and cooking pots

And that is has what to do with lack of food and water?

Well I am not saying I am siding with the looters, but I can see a use for those things.

Shoes are nice to have on your feet if you have none or yours are damaged. Cooking pots can be used to boil water over a fire and even cook food in (small animals and plants can be cooked). The carpets can be used as bedding, I would rather lie on a carpet and cover myself with one than lay on the ground with nothing.

Again not defending them just thinking of a purpose for those items.

Raist

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

No thanks, Mr Eugenics. You fail at exponential growth. The Earth can support 9 billion people at maximum capacity until an oscillation wave begins, and can support 12 billion with proper food distribution.

Nobody needs to die. And saying they do is only ignorant on your half.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I predict we will be bombing and shelling parts of Haiti before the end of the week. There will be shoot-outs before that.

Anyone else think this might happen?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No. I don't think it will happen (bombing, shelling) though it is possible that there may be clashes with gangs/security/Haitian police/etc. There already has been and if the desperation continues coupled with slow moving supplies/aid, it does seem likely that clashes will occur. I hope, hope that they do not...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Looks like the only nations providing security assistance to this disaster are the U.S. and Canada. Where's the other U.N. nations with their assistance?

They're probably not interested in Venezuela, so they don't care.

What's the bet the troops don't leave in a hurry?

[edit on 17/1/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Perhaps these folks want to just send their corporate goons to secure the vast oil reserves there?
Regardless, its easier this way to impose economic shock treatment and reap the benefits if there are 10k troops there.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The only problem is mr. genius all the billions of people inhabiting the globe want to live like Americans and strive to be consumers. IF we all lived like Indian than yeah the Earth could support everyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Also Brazil they have been along side US since th beginning because they were already there with the UN and they didn't suffer casualties, Canada and Brazil will increase the number of troops also.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

to restore order or to take over? this could get ugly fast.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If 10,000 soldiers are in Haiti, what are they going to eat? Army rations. The army does not let its troops starve, because then you have useless troops.

Presumably, they will bring their food with them.

My question is this. Are they going to eat their food in front of starving people, or are they going to share?

And why is all the aid held up at the airports?

Some people are still making money and laughing while others are suffering, starving and dying.

I am ashamed to be a member of the human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join