It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says its "nuclear rights" must be recognized

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Iran says its "nuclear rights" must be recognized

www.reuters.com

Diplomats from the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China held a three-hour meeting in New York on Saturday.

It came after Iran ignored... Obama's Dec 31, 2009, deadline to respond to an offer... of economic and political incentives in exchange for halting its nuclear enrichment activities.

"The planned meetings of the (six powers) would not have clear results as long as they lack a realistic approach." said Islamic Republic's Foreign Ministry spokesman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
With all the bullying/threats from raiders who since the pillage of iraq have methodically positioned themselves around iran, gearing up for another feast, I hope this underdog eventually sees many days in the sun. Kudos to their administration for continuing to take a stand... and hopefully the world community will evolve in broadening their collective understanding of Iran's needs, instead of only their own selfish interests.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here's my view on Iran's 'rights'. This regime has none! It is very apparent that they completely disregarded the actual election results from the last presidential election. Thus, it is an illegal regime.

I still remember that this regime held 53 Americans for 444 days for no other reason other than they were American. As far as I am concerned, the Islamic Republic of Iran is an enemy of the United States, thus the United States has every reason to not want the Islamic Republic of Iran to not have nuclear capabilities.

Add to that the danger of any Theocracy have the 'bomb'...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

There were a lot of questions surrounding Bush's 2nd term,

It is not a regieme in Iran, Its a country with elected officials.

They have the right to nuclear power as almost every developed country
on the planet has.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

I still remember that this regime held 53 Americans for 444 days for no other reason other than they were American. As far as I am concerned, the Islamic Republic of Iran is an enemy of the United States, thus the United States has every reason to not want the Islamic Republic of Iran to not have nuclear capabilities.

Do you remember the USS Liberty .

For 2 hours Israeli jets Strafed the boat , then machine gun boats came in and shot up the MEN IN LIFEBOATS.

Read a book

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
These are people who don't have electricity for part of every day because of "load sharing". Of course they have a right to nuclear energy.

South Africa was a nuclear state before (look it up)

Algeria was a nuclear state before (look it up).

Having more nuclear powers in the world isn't the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I agree, Iran has every right to follow their nuclear ambitions. I am surprised they do not have one already.

I think what the US and Europe are afraid of is a another Cold War type stand off between Isarel and Iran. Both countries are kind of leaning to war instead of peace to solve their problems. If a nuclear war was to happen, Iran and Israel would probably be at the heart of it.

What I am afraid of is Kim Jong Eel on his death bed pushing the button just for the hell of it.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

No, it is a Regime, as it 'fixed' the results of it's so called free election.

Read the Newspaper!

And I am familiar with the USS Liberty incident, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the current discussion, so do try to stay on topic!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Iran should be permitted to have access to peaceful nuclear power. Iran is also a very proud country, which will not cede what it considers to be its right, based on the orders from other countries. The best way to ensure that Iran doesn't develop nuclear weapons is to allow them to have open and functional nuclear power with periodic IAEA inspections.

Iran does have some what of a stumbling block considering that it is difficult to produce nuclear power and even harder to develop nuclear weapons. One way that the International Community could be able to track their nuclear industry, as well as providing Iran with the means to use nuclear power, would be to have them trade their unenriched uranium for enriched uranium ready to be used as nuclear power. Working with Iran and treating it as a sovereign nation would do wondrous things considering their relations with the international community.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
From time to time I hear the ill thought out argument that many European countries has them, China, India, Pakistan and a few others.So Why is it that America is always telling other countries that don't already have them, that they can't have them? I believe that every country has the right to protect themselves. If you are a sovereign nation, the choice should be yours - based on the concept of sovereignty.

But I think a few fundamental criterion has to pertain to the country that want's them and they are 1) The country has to be a stable country. 2) It cannot be ruled by a lunatic like for example North Korea. 3) The country cannot be threatening to 'wipe out' other nations or races.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Eight

Iran is not in the pursuit of the Bomb.

The want nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Although I can undestand people have problems with Iran having nuclear weapons but If no country is bold enough to make a stand against the American pigs then eventually we will all bend over and present our selves to the USA.

Americans need to understand that what you are doing is pissing people off, and that if a country has the means to stop what you are doing they will try to do so. Because nothing is able to stop America except nukes.

And if its not the nukes from Iran it will be those of North Korea and Russia.

Now try to understand Iran with it's decision.

and back off!

[edit on 17-1-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yeah... That's what 'Dear Leader' said too... Now we have a crazy Korean midget with the bomb... But hey, why not let some crazy Islamic Fundamentalists have it too!!! Should be fun!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
These are people who don't have electricity for part of every day because of "load sharing". Of course they have a right to nuclear energy.

South Africa was a nuclear state before (look it up)

Algeria was a nuclear state before (look it up).

Having more nuclear powers in the world isn't the end of the world.

No but its the end of acts that go un punished. America can't keep doing what they do If more countries have the technology. If America want's to stay strong they need to see to it that very few countries have the capabilities to harm America.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

What exactly am I DOING that is pissing everyone else off? What exactly am I DOING that makes me a pig? How about you stop the generalization of ALL Americans? What makes you think the regular, working American people have ANY say whatsoever about what the hell is going on around us? /rant

ON TOPIC:
I really don't know which way to lean. I believe everyone should have a right to nuclear energy as long as it is used for peaceful purposes. But you also hear about how Iran is basically a loaded cannon just waiting for the fuse to be lit. If ANYONE has nuclear energy they should ALL be watched over IMO just make sure everything is on the up and up. But that is just my opinion ^_^.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canis Lupus
Iran should be permitted to have access to peaceful nuclear power. Iran is also a very proud country, which will not cede what it considers to be its right, based on the orders from other countries. The best way to ensure that Iran doesn't develop nuclear weapons is to allow them to have open and functional nuclear power with periodic IAEA inspections.

This will only work if the system that is put in place works;and I don't have too much faith in those kinds of things. For example the system that fail that let a would be terrorist on the Watch List, due to this failure; he was allowed to board a plane to commit an attack on Christmas day

Also would you really feel safe allowing a country to have WMD that may have empathy and sympathy for terrorists like the Taliban,Jihads, and any body else that they may share views with?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eight

Also would you really feel safe allowing a country to have WMD that may have empathy and sympathy for terrorists like the Taliban,Jihads, and any body else that they may share views with?

It wasn't 5 Iranians dancing by the white van, watching the Towers fall.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eight

I am not talking about permitting Iran to get nuclear weapons only nuclear energy. It is really difficult to enrich uranium to a level that will operate as a nuclear bomb, it is unlikely Iran could do it. Even if Iran does want to create a nuclear bomb, they only have enough material to produce one nuclear bomb, and it will be over a year before they could possibly get enough uranium to produce another. Iran as a nuclear threat is unlikely, however, they would still benefit greatly from nuclear power. And as a sovereign state, have the right to nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yeah, and I'm sure that Ali Hoseyni Khāmene’i didn't let out a few "Allah Akbar"s while doing the 'Happy Dance' in Tehran on 9/11...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
LOL, no nation has a "right" to go nuclear. That's like me saying my "right to an hermes berkin bag" has been ignored. It is a desire not a need, and only needs qualify as rights.

edit: perhaps if I write them and inform them of how they are infringing upon my rights they will understand how much it will impress my friends.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by searching4truth]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join