It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...You Didn't See The Ufo At The Time You Took The Picture But One Showed Up In The Photo...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sorry, but that's because it was a bird flying past that you caught in the photo. Depending on the position the bird was in when the photo was taken it could look very much like a blurry photo of a UFO. I'm not saying there aren't photos of actual UFOs because there are....many, many of them. But if you didn't see it in the air when you were taking the picture it's most likely because you were focusing on what you were taking the picture of and of course you didn't notice a bird flying by at the time.

I had once watched a video of one of those "fleets" of UFOs....you know the ones, white orbs in the daytime sky(Mexico seems to get a lot of them)....when as I was watching this fleet of UFOs traversing the sky the the person videoing it gradually began bringing the camera into focus until the fleet of ufos clearly became a very distinct flock of birds. The camera operator then gradually began taking the picture back out of focus and the birds became ufos again.

ufoskyfishing.com...

www.assap.org...

[edit on 1/17/2010 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Just happen to have one for you. This was taken july 10th of 09 from my backyard. The scenario0 as you describe. The original has roof top
references but it is lost somewhere in this machine. So doubt ifr you want to someday the original might be retrived.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9762432fd908.jpg[/atsimg]

You have to blow it up.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes and I'm definetly a believer in UFOs but we really have to think logically about some of these pictures of supposed ufos.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe 99% of the time.

But saying always sure is pushing it. Too much of a stretch for me.

There is no way that the act of taking a picture, combined with a random element of not seeing anything yet finding something in the photo later, can equate to an absence of something.

This does not add up.

Exceptions exceptions.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Maybe even 98% for all I know. You're right of course...I shouldn't imply that it's always a bird but I do that to sensationalize it a bit and get people like you to post on my thread. Thanks, by the way.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I agree it is very important to consider all possible options before going to the lesser likely ones. Two very good links posted. The first I am amazed they were able to get such clarity out of that small speck in the pictures, kept thinking of super troopers with that one "Enhance, enhance, enhance"

The second link, a nice demonstration how every day objects can look quite strange depending on the angle and distance.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

I now realize that I must look at all those blurry photos of what look to be 'far off' ufos as probably closeby birds(or close-ish at any rate).

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have heard the hypothesis that point out that the human eye registers a very narrow portion of the light spectrum and how digital photography picks up more and this may be why ufo's show up later in photos.
I remember seeing some pretty clear metallic discs in the backgrounds over the shoulders of unsuspecting couples getting their pics taken.

If there are advanced species visiting us, I'm pretty sure it would be a cinch for them to fool us hook, line, and sinker.

there are plenty of pics here that were not noticed until later on when they were uploaded

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 17-1-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
I have heard the hypothesis that point out that the human eye registers a very narrow portion of the light spectrum and how digital photography picks up more and this may be why ufo's show up later in photos.

That's partially true.

Most digital cameras can "see" infrared light, while we cannot, but what they see is not enough to show things we don't see, it's only enough to make things have the colours changed, so many manufacturers add a filter to block infrared light.

But although the cameras can capture the same or more light, that does not mean that we cannot see more colours than the camera can show on the photos, we are very good at distinguishing subtle colour changes.

So, that's not why things "appear" on the photos, that happens only because people do not look at the whole scene when framing the photo, they only look at the subject.

Moving elements like birds and bugs (or sometimes even cars or people) can appear while taking the photo, so the person taking it may not see it while the photo is being taken.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have had just that experience and truth be told... I dont think it looks much like a bird. I would definitely consider other possibilities if it were not for the fact the object can vaguely be seen through the clouds just a minute before the second pic was taken... a brief synopsis of the situation:

I was preparing my kids for bed, when they called downstairs to me "Daddy! A rainbow! Its GIGANTIC" so up the stairs I went to see what all the clamor was about. To my surprise, there was indeed a LARGE rainbow right outside their window...I was so stuck by the beauty of this particular rainbow I went out on the porch to take a good pic of it on my camera phone (as to not get a reflection from their window glass) . So, the next day I was scrolling through the pics to show my wife when I noticed a large dark object directly over the rainbow! I did not see it when I took the photos...

Pic 1: I didnt see the object at the time I was photographing the rainbow... but it can be seen top center of pic behind the clouds...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/211c6753b4c5.jpg[/atsimg]

Pic 2: Taken a good 60 seconds after the first .. the skies have actually lightened a bit and the object is more prominent albeit blurry... at that altitude.. it must have been quite large.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b34d43921ec.jpg[/atsimg]

To reiterate ..I did not see it in the sky at the time of the photo?!? No clue what it could be..but if it was a bird.. it was HUGE and hovered in that spot for over a minute... you guys be the judge... interesting topic.

top topics

join