It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Ammendment , Right to bear arms , Legally to be Challenged

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
Those who have the most to lose, want you to speak out, and broadcast your IP.
Don't be naive, be cunning.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by ATS4dummies]

How is your name ATS4Dummies and you don't have an ip scrambler?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Only thing keeping the American People Free in todays Techno Controled world is the Second Amendment . Without that , we would All become Slaves to the NWO . Sooner or Later the American People will have to Rise Up and take back this Country from those in our own Goverment who are trying to oppress us . .........My 2 Cents...........

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't care that they already know who I am. I care about others getting entrapped. Be smart folks. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
Sigh...why do I have to educate you people every time?

A U.S. President CANNOT overturn an ammendment to the U.S. constitution. Period. It requires a 2/3rds majority of BOTH houses and that's just to start. Then it goes to the states and it reqires 3/4ths of the states. It only takes 13 states to NOT approve the ammendment and it's a no-go.

That's what happened to the Equal Rights ammentment. It passed with a 2/3rds majority of both houses but it couldn't get approval from 3/4ths of the states and there's a time limit on those things.

And it takes an ammendment to repeal an ammendment, like the 21st repealed the 18th (probibition).

When people float this nonsense --Obama is going to overturn the 2nd ammendment-- it' clear they are completely ignorant of how laws are made in their own country.

All it does is get ignorant people all upset, which frankly makes it clear it was done to serve a political agenda.

Read this, remember it.
All this fear mongering helps no one.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Trust me the health care bill is going to be death, soon, the patriot act we inherited and it gives so much power to presidents that for a long time many here in ATS told that no president was going to stop it.

And for the Guns is much talk and nothing done, remember that Washington DC got a win on guns laws last year.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames

A U.S. President CANNOT overturn an ammendment to the U.S. constitution. Period. It requires a 2/3rds majority of BOTH houses and that's just to start. Then it goes to the states and it reqires 3/4ths of the states. It only takes 13 states to NOT approve the ammendment and it's a no-go.

That's what happened to the Equal Rights ammentment. It passed with a 2/3rds majority of both houses but it couldn't get approval from 3/4ths of the states and there's a time limit on those things.

And it takes an ammendment to repeal an ammendment, like the 21st repealed the 18th (probibition).

When people float this nonsense --Obama is going to overturn the 2nd ammendment-- it' clear they are completely ignorant of how laws are made in their own country.

All it does is get ignorant people all upset, which frankly makes it clear it was done to serve a political agenda.

Read this, remember it.

You see when people say stuff like this I laugh! Ok
1. 2/3 of both houses theres only 1 house!
2. 3/4 of the states, Sounds to me like you are claiming that the population has a say! And that is totally incorrect! Usually Sen. and Rep. do what their state wants but they don't have to! The entire population of that state can vote against something, and the sen. and rep. can vote yes! That's why it is so important to know who makes your decisions! But don't come here speaking about law when you aren't even a part of the process!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They can have my guns...When they pry them from my dead cold hands!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Don't kill the 2nd ammendment. Modify it. Nobody is going to bitch and moan if you take firearms away from the gangbangers except maybe the gangbangers and they don't vote anyway.

Just my 2 cents. peace

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well all you gun owners, I hope your not registered, cause naturally you should expect a knock on your door if you are. I have a friend that has despised Obama from the beginning. I guess I can't blame him, and he is a respected veteran. This rebellion could become reality sooner than anyone thinks. The process of elimination has been in the works for a while. Obama has been changin the rules of this game since he has gotten into office and no one in the media has said a thing about it. the two I am most concerned with at the moment are. the one involving the extended freedom of the interpol and the most recent revision of the sec.1822.
those of you that still believe "there is no way in hell"or "they will pry them from my cold hands" best rethink. Yes it will start a war, but that could be part of the plan. If not then why the secrecy in all the changes and have you noticed how there are so many distractions taking up news coverage?
Sorry if this sounds fearmongerish, I am seeing too much goin on to think this is ok.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
We are registered. We do expect a knock. We are prepared.
The question is, are those who have the most to lose, expectant and prepared?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

This is actually something I've thought about and is probably scarier than a ban per se, because they could actually get citizens support on this.

Lets hope Americans are wise to this.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by rainfall

May I remind you sir , In Pittsburgh , people thought they had the right

to congregate and protest.

They were , with a Permit, most who were against the Summit were DENIED.

There is a huge difference. With guns, people will cling to till death takes them. In order for the Government to effectively ban weapons (dispose the 2nd amendment) they will have to go, house to house, looking for weapons, weapon caches etc. People will die. It's not a "if" .. the day the Government tries to disarm America (the most heavily armed populace in the WORLD) will be the start of the next revolution. There are people in this country that are patiently waiting in their homes, with their guns, without a job.. just bidding time until "something" happens.. their enemy if the Government, who abandoned them. Trying to take their weapons would be suicide. For this reason, I don't believe the Federal Government will ever ban weapons in America.

At least.. I pray they are not that stupid.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1

Originally posted by NoArmsJames

Read this, remember it.

You see when people say stuff like this I laugh! Ok
1. 2/3 of both houses theres only 1 house!

Uh, glad I could make you laugh but congress is composed of two houses: The senators, of which there are two from each state, and the representatives, whose numbers vary from each state according to population.

Originally posted by mrno1
2. 3/4 of the states, Sounds to me like you are claiming that the population has a say! And that is totally incorrect! Usually Sen. and Rep. do what their state wants but they don't have to! The entire population of that state can vote against something, and the sen. and rep. can vote yes! That's why it is so important to know who makes your decisions! But don't come here speaking about law when you aren't even a part of the process!

No, you don't understand how it works. The state vote is cast by the state government, not by a senator or representative. I don't care what it "sounds" like. I am stating fact.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by ClintK]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Far more than 100 million. The best guess is somewhere around 300 million privately owned (legally or illegally) firearms in the US by roughly 100 million individuals. The problem is not that 1/3 of the population is armed. The problem is that nearly 98% of the population could become armed just by the firearms that are in private hands.

This does not count firearms that are held by law enforcement nor the military. For those that like number games, what percentage of those guns do you think would be obtained by the general public in time should some sort of overturn of the 2nd were to occur and attempted to be enforced?

Even if 10% of gun owners decided to fight, that is 10 million people. That is still at least a 3 to 1 ratio private owners vs military and LEO. Anyone that thinks for a minute that the US can be disarmed is more than pipe dreaming, personally I would be asking for a urine sample to find out exactly which drugs they are on or need to be prescribed after a full psychological evaluation. .

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Great post, and I also hope you are correct. I would rather see a horrific natural disaster than see the government try this.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Don't kill the 2nd ammendment. Modify it. Nobody is going to bitch and moan if you take firearms away from the gangbangers except maybe the gangbangers and they don't vote anyway.

Just my 2 cents. peace

Wow! How little you know is amazing! So your saying that just because someone belongs to a group, They shouldn't be able to defend themselves? "Gangbangers" are doing the same thing you are trying to do and that's survive, take care of their family, and try to provide a better future for their kids than they had! And "gangbangers" support their community, I bet you have never gone out and fixed up anywhere besides your house! I tell you this, when it comes down to it i would rather have a "gangbanger" by my side than a free mason! And thats Just My 2 Cents!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No one will repeal the 2nd Amendment. The Supreme Court, once Obama is able to appoint the necessary Judges to guarantee a 5-4 decision will "RE-INTERPRET" the 2nd Amendment to say that the right to keep and bear arms only applies to a "Well-regulated militia" and that personal ownership of guns is not a guarantee afforded Americans under the 2nd Amendment.

Get ready, blood will flow in the streets.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

mrno, you are wise. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is The Senate and The House of Representatives you can call them houses all you want you are wrong!

No you are not stating fact because like i said before the senator and representatives of that state doesn't have to do what the "state governments" wants them to do!

Just as it comes down to the Electoral College to determine who becomes president not the people!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Get over yourself.

You are correct in what you say about repealling an ammendment.

However, if you would have bothered do some research and actually read Cass Sunstein's speeches and/or books, he is not advocating to repeal the 2nd ammendment he is challenging the interpretation of the 2nd ammendment as to whether or not it actually gives the "people" the right to own and bare arms.

And guess what, the intrepretation of law is done by the Supreme Court, it has nothing to do with Congress or the States.

Furthermore to make matters worse, Cass is already touted as being on Obama's short list to replace either Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, now aged 75, who is likely to take retirement soon following illness, and or Justice John Paul Stevens now aged 90.

So before you start trying to educate us simpletons do some research and get your information correct first.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by skull_bones]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join