It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway - Attacked for telling truth and being righteous!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe George Galloway to be a perfect example of how twisted world politics have become. This mans name would be found on the short list of those that dare to speak honestly about the situations in the world today. Listed among others like Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Larry McDonald and George Carlin. Men like these speak truthfully on all situations around the globe despite the fact truth telling will destroy their reputations and political careers.

Galloway pulls no punches when discussing world events. Since the Status Quo in these affairs consists of anything but the truth, this high grade of integrity meant that Galloway would see his political career come to an abrupt end. By simply telling the truth and trying to help those in need around the world, the British politician and former Member of Parliament was expelled from the Labour Party, suspended from the House of Commons, slandered, ridiculed, threatened with prosecution and banned from entering Canada or Egypt. Galloway was also made to testify before the U.S. Senate on accusations of profiting from Iraq's oil dealings.

If you don't want to watch the entire video, please at least watch part 2 from 4:30. You'll not hear a better summary of reality about the Iraq war anywhere!

Coincidentally, all charges ever made against Galloway have been proven false. The only successful proceedings regarding him were his many victories in libel cases. He's received many cash awards from the courts even forcing one particular Jewish radio station out of business after calling him an anti Semite. All of these attacks were caused directly from publicly speaking the truth about the worlds various situations! Galloway's political career ended by openly stating things that were later all proven true about the Iraq invasion in 2003. To this day he is still treated with the same contempt even though now everyone knows he was right?

Does this make any sense? Sadly, this is the world we live in today. These are exactly the types of things that should not be tolerated by the people, yet sadly they go unnoticed by most. These are evidences of the backwardness in today's leadership, but no one seems to even care?

If you're not a fan of George Galloway you're not a fan of righteousness. Here are a few videos that give an idea what he's about. This is exactly what the world needs more of. It's mind boggling that people don't demand this level of integrity.

Enjoy!

www.georgegalloway.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I first heard of this guy back in 2007, when he was talking about the Lebanon and Israeli conflict. This guy says stuff that only a handful of people in the world govt. will say. He's telling the truth and they hate him for it. I have always wondered what made him into the fighter that he is, did something change him in seeing how the world work or did he learn something that he just couldn't go along with and wanted to fight. You will never hear an american politician or another western politician say to a senate committee what he just said. In essence he called them collaborators to the evil that has been put on the Iraqi's and the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I believe he's simply a righteous man. This is normal behavior to me. This is also what's lacking in society today. This level of integrity should be the norm, yet it's practically extinct! Why can't people see that our highest levels of authority are openly attacking truth and fairness? How can society allow the obviously righteous to be destroyed should it show itself? Not protecting this can only be the beginning of our total demise. As it should!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well I have mixed feelings. Yes he says what he believes and he doesn't pull punches. But has anyone heard him doing the weekend late night slot on one of the UK's talk radio stations?
www.talksport.net...
He's a very bright man so he can easily run rings round most callers. He makes a big deal about giving air time to all points of view, but if someone dares to disagree with him, his technique is to shout at them, belittle them, then cut them off. His rudeness and arrogance are breathtaking.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Good old Top Cat. Look at the TALKSport link below to listen to his show online. An unsupressed voice of reason.

TALKSport Link

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I think that's just his frustration showing. What he does is not easy. It has ruined his career and brings him much abuse. To sit and listen to people constantly regurgitate the status quo without a single original thought of their own has to be miserable?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Well I have mixed feelings. Yes he says what he believes and he doesn't pull punches. But has anyone heard him doing the weekend late night slot on one of the UK's talk radio stations?
www.talksport.net...
He's a very bright man so he can easily run rings round most callers. He makes a big deal about giving air time to all points of view, but if someone dares to disagree with him, his technique is to shout at them, belittle them, then cut them off. His rudeness and arrogance are breathtaking.

As a listener to his show, I have to disagree. He isnt James Whale or one of those types. He does give people their air time but due to the weekend slot of old, he has often had drunk callers ringing in claiming that everything to do with the Muslims is the reason for the worlds ills, which he wouldnt stand for.

You are right in the he runs rings around people because he is informed on the subject matter where as most of his callers are there with their half baked wisdom which they have picked up off the back of the Daily Mail or some other such rag.

Unless you are equiped with your facts and figures, you will look foolish.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Galloway is a tool of the iranian islamic regime, and as long as he gets paid he's not going to care. Ordinary Iranian's won't forget when Galloway spoke on Iranian state TV endorsing the regime's fraudulent election results, and telling protestors to leave the streets.

Galloway is used in any way possible to help legitimise the cause of extremists, whether that be propaganda that all Hamas want is food, water and medicine, or to support oppression elsewhere.

It isn't Galloway's individual actions (such as helping to deliver food to gazans) which merits this criticism. It's the reckless ways he carries out those actions, and the neglect of the consequences. He definitely doesn't care for much else besides himself, and much like Chavez - he will make use of any propaganda opportunity to please his masters. Whether that today be helping feed palestinian's, or tomorrow doing business with psychopaths who suppress basic human rights.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

he has often had drunk callers ringing in claiming that everything to do with the Muslims is the reason for the worlds ills, which he wouldnt stand for.

The problems are definitely lot more complex than that, but Galloway hasn't a clue himself, or just doesn't care that he supports some extremely dangerous people. Feeding a few palestinian's doesn't change the fact that he supports dangerous psychopaths like Khamenei.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

James Whale is actually a very kindly soul. His legendary rudeness was more of a light hearted act. Did anyone ever hear him on the line to suicidal or distressed callers? Pretty amazing.
George Galloway's show is however is an altogether different thing. More political for a start. I agree he doesn't suffer fools gladly. But the fact is he doesn't suffer gladly anyone who holds a different point of view. It's very difficult for even an astute caller to tough it out online with a seasoned politician and presenter. He just railroads them, then cuts them off.
And though he presents a welcome opposing view to the political stance of the moment, he is hard line and intractable in his own way.
He's an improvement on Charlie Wolf though!

And to his credit, I don't believe you would ever get any politician's double speak from this man. He calls it as he sees it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Galloway is a tool of the iranian islamic regime, and as long as he gets paid he's not going to care. Ordinary Iranian's won't forget when Galloway spoke on Iranian state TV endorsing the regime's fraudulent election results, and telling protestors to leave the streets.

Galloway is used in any way possible to help legitimise the cause of extremists, whether that be propaganda that all Hamas want is food, water and medicine, or to support oppression elsewhere.

It isn't Galloway's individual actions (such as helping to deliver food to gazans) which merits this criticism. It's the reckless ways he carries out those actions, and the neglect of the consequences. He definitely doesn't care for much else besides himself, and much like Chavez - he will make use of any propaganda opportunity to please his masters. Whether that today be helping feed palestinian's, or tomorrow doing business with psychopaths who suppress basic human rights.

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've read here yet! A tool for the Iranian regime? Used to legitimize extremists? How so? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. It's also obvious that you're simply pro Israel. I'd bet my house on it.

I actually feel sorry for people like you. It's a simple thing to determine right from wrong when it's this obvious. You must really try hard to ignore it. Don't take offense, but do you think because you're Jewish you must side with all Israel does? Or are you really unable to recognize right from wrong?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've read here yet! A tool for the Iranian regime? Used to legitimize extremists? How so?

www.londonecho.com...

The MP for Bethnal Green and Bow insisted there was no evidence the elections had been fixed, as Iranian riot police battled protestors in Tehran.

The study, by the Chatham House think-tank and St Andrew's University, also found that a turnout of more than 100 per cent was recorded in some provinces.

The evidence speaks for itself against Galloway whether you choose to see it or not. Your ignorance does not change these facts - a turnout of 140% in some areas proves vote rigging.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. It's also obvious that you're simply pro Israel. I'd bet my house on it.

I see greater evils and threats than the state of Israel.

I actually feel sorry for people like you.

Why? You make a poor attempt to discredit my previous post.

It's a simple thing to determine right from wrong when it's this obvious.

Then why don't you do it?

You must really try hard to ignore it.

Just more rhetoric.

Don't take offense, but do you think because you're Jewish you must side with all Israel does? Or are you really unable to recognize right from wrong?

Where did I say I was Jewish? For the record, I'm not Jewish. But what the hell would that have to do with looking at the facts and making up my mind about Galloway based on the evidence available. You seem to have a very simple way of looking at things.

Do you worship this person? Why? Just like with most people - I don't agree or disagree with everything they say or do. I find most of Galloway's actions and comments repulsive.

A piece of advice - don't put people into categories because of your own self-imposed stereotyping. For a start - it's silly, secondly - it's illogical and often makes you look stupid. You are allowed to make your own mind up and agree on aspects of what people say, and disagree (strongly?) on other aspects.

But alas, I've witnessed it many times here - people choose a hero such as Galloway on the basis that he helps to feed palestinians, and then believe everything else he says and does must be well meant because you're too lazy to do any proper research yourself.

edit: ironically you made a thread recently about denouncing others thru' stereotyping - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Look at the idiot spea and see how much he lies for the Iranian regime over and over again. And people cannot see that he's a puppet!? Unbelievable!

Where's the truth and righteousnous here then? This idiot is attacked over and over again because he's deserves it! If people provide a valid argument against him like I have done, then it's impossible to defend him, and Galloway himself would resort to shouting because his argument is lost.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
And there's this from 2008. For what purpose would Galloway want to spread their propaganda if he wasn't benefitting financially from it!

Galloway's Iranian propaganda?

George Galloway, the Leftwing Respect MP, has been accused of making allegations that border on paedophile smears and play to homophobic prejudice. He claims that the boyfriend of gay Iranian asylum seeker Mehdi Kazemi was executed for "committing sex crimes against young men".

The insinuation of such a claim is that Mehdi's boyfriend was a rapist or a child sex abuser. It also stigmatises Mehdi with the shame that he was the partner of someone who committed sexual assaults on male youths. He will suffer with this stigma when he is returned to the UK and could face considerable personal hostility from people who have heard and believe these allegations against his boyfriend.

Mr Galloway made his astonishing allegation on Channel Five's The Wright Stuff. You can watch his interview here.

He has been asked to explain the source of his claim, but has so far failed to do so.

I am not aware of any paedophile-style sex abuse claims against Mehdi's partner. Moreover, no human rights group has mentioned any evidence that Mehdi's boyfriend was a rapist or a child molester.

Although the regime in Tehran frequently defames political, religious, ethnic and sexual dissidents with false claims of kidnapping, rape, alcoholism, sodomy, adultery, drug-taking and hooliganism, even the most extreme ayatollahs have not made allegations that Mehdi Kazemi's boyfriend was involved in sex abuse.

Nevertheless, Galloway has broadcast this very serious, potentially defamatory, allegation to the British public, and has then failed to back it up with evidence.

To some people, Galloway's claims look like propaganda in defence of the totalitarian, homophobic Islamic Republic of Iran. His passionate opposition to a war against Iran, which I share, seems to have clouded his judgement; leading him to downplay the regime's persecution of lesbians and gays, which includes state-sanctioned executions.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Galloway is a tool of the iranian islamic regime, and as long as he gets paid he's not going to care.
\

Oh, and is it mentioned that he makes those of the Right absolutely crazy? I loved the way he shredded Congress.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Your valid argument consists solely of what Galloway has done in Iran? Has the thought ever occurred to you that he may be trying to avoid the likely war coming against Iran? If you look at his record you may notice he tends to do that.

You shout propaganda, but isn't that exactly why the whole gay execution issue in Iran is such a hot topic? Let's be realistic. This law has been around for quite some time. Now that the actual threat to the world is revving up to attack Iran this law is front page news. Same goes for their election, protests and all the issues being brought against them lately. You don't consider this propaganda? You think bombing Iran is the righteous cause? This is how they gather support for terrorizing. How they have always done it.

If I were Galloway I would be saying anything I could to keep the public opinion against another war. You think he's doing it for money? You mentioned him feeding Palestinians as if it's a bad thing. Do you oppose Galloway for all the things he's been against? For being against arming Iraq with chemical weapons? Against Israel for kidnapping and killing Palestinian children? Invading Iraq and Afghanistan? Western governments creating Al Qaeda and Taliban? These are good things to support? Righteous things?

You are programmed, but I am not. Galloway has every power on Earth fighting him. You dig up news articles from mainstream media to prove your claims, but I don't buy into all that. My conclusion of Galloway comes from his actions not newspaper columns. I look at what he has done and said as well as the sacrifices he's made. If he truly did defend Iran for something like that I assume there's a reason for doing so. I seriously doubt he approves of executing gays and pedophilia. I'm also sure he doesn't do these things for money. He has banked plenty from the multiple libel cases against media sources that slander him.

It's a fact that mainstream media has made false claims of him multiple times and there are court records to prove it. Your big valid argument consists of mere allegations. No evidence. No prosecution. There are also documented facts of his good deeds intended solely to help those in need. Do you disregard his good deeds, yet accept flimsy allegations in the OP-ED's? You form your opinion reading news articles from people employed to attack and discredit him? The same media source that Galloway has successfully sued for libel multiple times. I form mine from his actual deeds and accomplishments. Hearsay and finger pointing can only be effective on people wanting to hate the accused.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

You are programmed, but I am not

I made an effort, showed you the evidence showing Galloway speaking lies and supporting fascist dictatorships that will never change or disappear because he's your hero.

You dig up news articles from mainstream media to prove your claims, but I don't buy into all that. My conclusion of Galloway comes from his actions not newspaper columns

The particular articles I've dug up from mainstream have been corroborated with Iranian sources inside Iran and dissidents - and videos of Galloway lying are fairly obvious to all except the blind. I haven't claimed Iran are producing nukes here, so stop with the usual pathetic regime propaganda that the west ALWAYS chooses to exaggerate their stories.

It's a fact that mainstream media has made false claims of him multiple times and there are court records to prove it.

That's irrelevant to the evidence that shows Galloway lying for despotics

Same goes for their election, protests and all the issues being brought against them lately. You don't consider this propaganda?

No it isn't. The people of Iran have their own voice without western media. The regime is finished in 2010, as the structure of society is crumbling from the top as expected after decades of oppression. The regime will probably sacrifice Ahmadinejad and blame the west on his death as a last ditch attempt to win over people in Tehran. You only have to listen to the Iranian diplomats in Europe giving interviews that the regime will crumble in months, and Iranian's will have freedom once again. Galloway won't be forgotten or easily forgiven by Iranian's for when he supported their oppressors, and neither will the rest of the civilised world.

Has the thought ever occurred to you that he may be trying to avoid the likely war coming against Iran?

If he really thinks his voluntary appeasement will do more than enflame the opposition, then he's sadly mistaken. Ironically, anything which angers ordinary Iranian's even more will cause the collapse of the regime faster - which the regime so far has been very good at doing probably because all it knows is oppression, and pragmatism aren't exactly their forte. So well done George, keep lying for them!

You think bombing Iran is the righteous cause? This is how they gather support for terrorizing.

Who said anything about bombing anyone? Nobody has bombed Iran, so stop with the pathetic and apologetic front for the despicable and decrepit group of psychopaths who cling to power in bed next to Khamenei.

I form mine from his actual deeds and accomplishments.

Yet you ignore your hero's desire to lie even to the Iranian people about their own oppressive regime - which plays a role in destablising Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Lebanon and Gaza.

I'm sorry, but handing out food and calling the US and UN nasty names is hardly an accomplishment that merits praise in relation to his other accomplishments that include lining his pockets with money from mass-murdering criminals.

You appear to downplay his role in Iran and assume there's justifiable reasons for his involvement (even though there are none!) as though Iran were a small and irrelevant little country. Iran plays a big role in that region, and a stable and non-corrupt government which supports basic human rights would be better for all.

But at the end of the day, Galloway is irrelevant in terms of the larger picture, and whilst we shouldn't downplay his roles in the middle east, it should not be overstated either. He has a very tiny effect, and was only worthy of discussion and to provide perspective because of this thread dedicated to your's delusions that he's the next Jesus or something!

new topics

top topics

join