It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight satellite ((( in the sky before sputnik )))

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
if humanity were to vanish tomorrow all its satellites would be falling from the sky within the next 200 years

You are wrong.

So wrong that I won't even bother to do more than point out you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Very interesting, this OP.

Here's a link with some pics of the Black Knight:

forum.fok.nl...

Also there low resolution pictures from NASA:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Peace.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by sossa77]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sossa77

forum.fok.nl...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Peace.

Too bad it's in Dutch (although not for me though
)
And links to high res pics are dead. However, intersting pics at the frontpage. If that's indeed the mystery object, those pictures are outright stunning

Quite eerie too, if you ask me. Quite uncanny.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

if humanity were to vanish tomorrow all its satellites would be falling from the sky within the next 200 years

You are wrong.

How are they wrong?

Don't man-made satellites need maintenance every now and then?

Yes, they do. Without it the mechanics would fail or they would slowly lose altitude over a period of time, eventually getting caught in the Earth's orbit, before plummeting to the ground.

Kaboom! This would probably happen within 100-150 years. So that poster was correct.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
This would probably happen within 100-150 years. So that poster was correct.

....More numbers pulled out of the air with no calculations.

How about the geosynchonous satellites 22,236 miles out?

You reckon ALL of them will be "falling from the sky within the next 200 years?"

(This is what the poster you are supporting currently alleges
)

Here is what the ESA says about Tv satellites:

Once in position, 35,000 km away in space, TV satellites will remain in orbit forever, but their useful life amounts to 15 years or less. Onboard thrusters must keep each satellite pointed precisely in geostationary orbit so they stay lined up with fixed-position Earth-based receivers.

www.esa.int...

200 years versus "Forever" .... what's the diff eh?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

This would probably happen within 100-150 years. So that poster was correct.

....More numbers pulled out of the air with no calculations.

How about the geosynchonous satellites 22,236 miles out?

You reckon ALL of them will be "falling from the sky within the next 200 years?"

(This is what the poster you are supporting currently alleges :up

Yeah it is a made up number. I'm not a rocket scientist... just a wild guess.

I'm not aware of that satellite, but keeping in mind that Earth is its closest planetary body, it would still eventually be sucked in via gravitational force until it enters the atmosphere and skyrockets down into the ground. Obviously the process would take longer the further out the satellite is. Would it not?

Edit: Upon doing some further reading, you're right. If a satellite is in a high orbit, say of a few thousand kilometres or more, it could potentially stay in orbit forever.

Always thought this wasn't the case. There you go, learnt something new.

[edit on 17/1/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Yeah it is a made up number. I'm not a rocket scientist... just a wild guess.

Why guess when you have the internet? Just use google.

And I am not going to answer your question.

*It isn't like you are going to check to see if I would be right anyways.... Otherwise why would you ask ?

Edit: Wowsers! You actually went and checked for yourself.

...Sorry dude - I'm clearly jaded.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No need to be rude... lol.

I would have checked and I did check the information in your last post. You were right and I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Sheesh. I edited my post.

....Well since we're talking about Old UFOs, how's about this one from Apollo - It is an original find.

Whilst looking through the Apollo images again, and I came across one that contained a strange object in it - and which was gone from the next image.... only to return again a few frames later.

...Now You see it:

And now it's Gone...:

And a few frames later...It's Back!

The first frame containing the object was AS17-134-20416, the second was AS17-124-20424 (get both images at the links below). *The object is missing from all the frames in between.

history.nasa.gov...

history.nasa.gov...

I used frame AS17-134-20417 for the middle image in which the object is missing: history.nasa.gov...

Could this be the Black Knight? Probably not, but hey it sure is neat!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You are wrong.

Yep, it all depends on the orbit and speed of the satellite as to if and when it would experience "orbit decay". The moon as example is slowing pulling away from the earth because of its orbit and speed.

So you put the satellite up high where there is no resistance and speed it up and it will keep that same speed forever. Also there is a lot of energy from the sun it could use as well as some advance nuclear battery with 10,000s of years worth of power.

It would need zero fuel…..

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Just when I think I know all there is, ATS comes along and knocks me back to reality...which, of course, is why I come here.

This is completely new to me.

S & F

Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

There's another photo I'm having trouble finding. It's another one from the Moon and was also caught in the reflection of the astronaut's visor.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

That could be anything.

I don't use the visor anomalies.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Neat story. I like the Philip K. Dick connection, fits right in with Blade Runner ( do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?), Total Recall & Minority Report.

Just for kicks I searched Satellite Orbital Decay (try it!) and indeed it seems they all eventually fall out of the sky. Though I suppose if a satellite was advanced enough it with an endless supply of fuel (the sun maybe) it could re adjust it's orbit periodically to remain for an indefinite period.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PennySaint
I was reading "Dead Men's Secrets" by Archaelogist Jonathan Gray

It talked about 1957, an unknown satellite was detected shadowing the Sputnik I craft. It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time. There was a statement that ham radio operaters pickd up radio transmissions that were “decoded” (whatever that means) as being a star map that indicated the craft originated from Epsilon Bootes 13,000 years before. This object was dubbed “The Black Knight.”

Philip K. Dick beilved he was in Mental contact with it.. The pivotal element in each is Dick's own contact with the Black Knight, which he called the Vast Active Living Intelligence System, VALIS for short.

www.excludedmiddle.com...

I heard it was also mentioned in "Disneyland Of The Gods" by John Keel

www.scribd.com...

I didn't see a thread about it just wondering if anyone else heard of this

PennySaint, you are obviously a liar. You claim you "didn't see a thread about it" so you wanted to bring it to our attention, huh? Oh really? You never saw another thread about it?

Someone else pointed out that there was a thread from 2007 on the same subject. Guess what? Penny saint decided to plagiarize their post word for word, complete with identical typos and spelling errors.. Look at the thread from 2007:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And look at the quote:

The basic blurb was that in 1957, an unknown satellite was detected shadowing the Sputnik I craft. It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time. There was a statement that ham radio operaters pickd up radio transmissions that were "decoded" (whatever that means) as being a star map that indicated the craft originated from Epsilon Bootes 13,000 years before. This object was dubbed "The Black Knight."

Look at the word "operaters" and "pickd". Both of them are mis-spelled. Exactly the same as the OP.

All they did was change the few words, and you can even see where the OP changed the first 3 words, because there is an extra space between the words where they added it.

Next time you want to plagiarize something OP and claim it as your own to get stars, don't lie through your teeth and claim you "never saw a thread about it".

You've lost any credibility with me.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

That could be anything.

Not really. In fact, the possibilities are extremely limited...EXTREMELY...really, really extreme.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Well then list them for me please.

I want to know what you think the reflection could be.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Wonderful thread....

I don't mind that this story may have been covered before, since this thread brought it to my attention. So well done to the previous threads, but big thanks to this one too.

Anything regarding P.K. Dick is inevitably bound to be of great interest. If he were required reading at school, then the sheeple wouldn't be so sheep-like.

Swear i haven't consumed an hallucinogenic, but those superb Black Knight pics make me think 'Old Testament' and 'Ark of The Covenant'! God knows why!!!

And who named it 'The Black Knight'? Why 'K'night'? Can an inference be made in relation to whomever chose this name?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This story is particularly interesting for me as I was born in 1957 and I was nicknamed Sputnik, from the first time I could remember, my mother used to tell me about the Sputniks. Years later when I heard more about these at school, I was told off for questioning the facts we were being told as being wrong. My mother told me that all she knew about the Sputnik satalites she had told me as it happened.

Her story was that some years before the Sputnik launches, signals from two satalites were picked up, they were orbiting the Earth on opposite sides. She never made any mention of where or what they came from and I just assumed they were put there before Sputnik.
She said that Sputnik was put up there to find the satalites but when they got there the other two changed their orbits to be over the North and South. She said that they not long after vanished, there was also never any mention of alien space junk etc, but that was as I say 1957.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-

Originally posted by sossa77

forum.fok.nl...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Peace.

Too bad it's in Dutch (although not for me though
)
And links to high res pics are dead. However, intersting pics at the frontpage. If that's indeed the mystery object, those pictures are outright stunning

Quite eerie too, if you ask me. Quite uncanny.

These pictures were on ATS about 1 year ago and are NOT of the black knight. I will have a look back to see what they were of back then. They are still nice photos.
I think it was around the time of the galactic light federation thingy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join