It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Apparently Predicts Today Accurately (With Proof)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I wont watch the videos because I have heard it all before. Every word, every nuance, every 'prophecy'. Then, you're told how if you dont do this, and then that, You're not going to heaven, unless $$ flows from your wallet to random church organization. They dont say that specifically, but it always, ALWAYS ends up in there, like those fine print disclaimers on car dealership ads. You disagree? You then end up with the snotty, crass, nasty little believers who crawl up your shorts and sink their fangs in if you disagree one inch with The Pastor's Words- "Oh my! Such a heathen! Why God doesn't strike you down is beyond me! I pray God screws you up real good, so you can see how loving and KIND he is."

It's the same show, with the same dance steps set to different music and with different actors. However, the actors always have the amazing church, the enormous house, and the fancy car. Anyone else ever notice that? I do. My mind, my soul, and my wallet are constantly sapped so that someone can live high on the hog while I am buying food on a discount. VERY Christlike. VERY interesting. My prayers? Never answered. My needs? Never met. My need for comfort? HA! Oh, but let me say something about that... oooh WEE. Then the fundies jump outta their little luxury cars and come at me, arms waving, and screeching "you act like GOD is a vending machine!" As you get back in your luxury car and decide on a vacation spot, all the while thanking this same god for your happiness.

Feel free to show any video you want. I am free to snort derisively at them 'cause I know it's all an act. And forget about God 'striking me down'. If Robertson hasn't bought it (but instead makes millions), I NEVER will.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thank you op for posting this. I agree fully with what the guy was saying. i also think its funny that the way people are responding to this video just brings more credibility to his claims. all of these negative responses by people go with alot of what he is talking about.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
Stuff like this makes me giggle.

The bible is the oldest known scare tactic of control in my opinion.

The end times will come near when man travels and tries to acquire new knowledge, aka. we will tell you what you need to know, dont go looking.
-------------------
the jews returning to israel? I just returned from the variety store, coulda predicated that # too, and withing a 15 minute time frame, THE END IS NIGH BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!
--------------------
Thats all I got, the predictions in the bible are everyday events, wars, plague, famine, drought etc, etc. Thats been happening since pre-recorded history. I could say the end times will occur when the variety store has no more eggs or runs out of money in the ATM. Its an everyday occurrence. General prophecy is always the best.

(just so you know though, recorded history starts about 4,000 years before your jesus was supposedly born, and just because the bible uses location names does not make it factual. I could write a book about mary poppins and obama riding dinosaurs in nebraska, does that make it factual? I MEAN IT HAS NEBRASKA IN IT, ITS GOTTA BE ME BROTHERS AND SISTERSAH!)
---------------------
Thats all I have for now

You are at least trying to discuss it so I applaud that.

Sure beats those 1 and 2 liner witty comments.

However Comparing the Jews return to Israel, the creation of Israel in one day, and the way everyone on Earth will hate Israel, to "You coming home from the variety store" is a inept attempt to debunk.

You are simply comparing apples to dark matter. There is no relevant comparison worthy of it's necessary requirement.

Also it is not "my" Jesus guys, this topic is not about me, and how many times have I said I am not religious? I have no way of knowing if some dude lived 2000years ago or anything. That is preposterous.

However, I greatly thank you for actually discussing the topic. Somewhat.

This is progress in the thread for once, yay.

A good sign, actual discussion.

OH YEAH, the BIBLE said that everyone would REFUSE TO DISCUSS the TOPIC - I think thats in one of the future sections of this very series. Coincidence??

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
On the topic of prophecies in the bible, a couple of months ago I read The Bible Code and The Bible Code 2. These are books claiming that the original bible in the original language can be put through a computer program and through a pattern of skipping x amount of spaces will develop a word with a relating word being found in close proximity to the first. He believes that someone, not human, placed these codes in the bible when God told it to Moses, for us to find so we can prevent certain world events.

Michael Drosnin (author) shows how he found predictions of the Gulf War, the collision of a comet with Jupiter, among many others. He even discovered the assassination of [Israeli Prime Minister] Rabin a year before it became real. He did attempt to warn Rabin, however his claim was obviously over looked. However this attempt benefited him greatly because he then was put in contact with a top scientist in Israel, who also believed in the code. After enough substantial evidence they wrote a paper on their findings and had it published in an American science journal (sorry I don't know what the actual name is, although that could be the name lol).

His method is fairly difficult though because with out knowing what to look for its very hard to find the future predictions but still possible. A lot of his findings are after they happened since he was able know what to look for.

I'm going to cut this post short so I don't ruin the read for anyone interested. And if this explanation isn't quite clear enough feel free to ask me any questions regarding the two books and I will do my best to answer them.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by lippJ]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

I wont watch the videos because I have heard it all before.

No good scientist or skeptic would ever consider this valid.

No human has "heard it all before". This is technically impossible.

"All" is a whole lot. Possibly infinite.

The only way to hear it "all", is if you exist for eternity.

Do you not realize you emulate exactly the behavior of the so called "Fundamentalists" to the T? You are 100% dead set in believing that you have the entire Universe figured out, that you will not even listen to anything that may contradict your limited perspective. This is a fallacy of logic. Carl Sagan would be ashamed of you my friend.

Good scientists would take a look at the information presented with a critical eye, and eventually determine that coincidences can only go so far.

And IMO, would only arrive at one of two possibilities. However if you can think of any other Reasonable ones I am open to consider them as well.

Potential Possibilities.
1) Current politics is attempting to recreate the Bible prophecy exactly, thus a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2) There exists a Universal Anomaly that defies logic which must be further studied in order to understand what the heck is going on.

3) A combination of both 1 and 2?

But dude seriously read some Plato and learn some philosophy. "I heard it all before", Plato would be rolling in his grave man.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Its just as the guy was saying, people either 1. are too "busy" with all this information that they can not stop and see the truth or 2. they worship the false trinity of me, myself and I.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lippJ

Great post man. Thanks for contributing to this discussion.

I have heard of this as well, and some of the information is compelling. Again some of it is a stretch of course, but common sense can sift through what is stretching things and what is clearly a definite coincidence of epic proportions.

I have seen some debunking of the Bible code that was half decent however, but there are still parts that are not debunked so the case is certainly not closed for sure. We are still missing a few critical clues, to make sense out of the most uncanny parts.

Most people focus on the super stretch parts simply because they are the easiest to debunk, but I want to see the answers to the HARD ones.

I would like to know if there truly is a Universal Anomaly within this book, and it just seems to appear to be based purely on uncanny predictions.

But I "Have not heard it all" , therefore I cannot know or understand the underlying logic defying component of this Universe.

I really really wanna know!!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The thing is, I've read the bible. I know that we're not living in the end times.

You haven't, so you're confused.

Don't let your confusion lead you to believe idiots like this.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"The Rise of Wickedness"

Utterly compelling.

As a scientist, I am failing miserably to figure this one out. It just gets more and more intense, and I must admit, I love the feeling of a real full blown mystery.

I view the Universe in this way, + and -

There there is infinite reflections of the same basic manifestation of the same underlying principal energy or "force".

From this perspective, it seems this guy is totally right about what he is saying. I am simply viewing things in a + or - way.
Good bad, light dark, yin yang, what ever you want to call the POLARITY of Energy.

The way that the so called "religious folks" are indeed hypocritical exactly as the Bible predicted is just uncanny. The way that the naysayers would reject all the Truth simply because the "FALSE teachers" would condemn the Truth and mislead everyone through irrelevant information.

The way people would consider themselves "All knowing or Heard it All" like one of the so called scientific people who really is not scientific at all. Putting love of themselves before the Universal Magnificence. Utter arrogance and total ignorance of "Reality".

The Bible clearly attacks all hypocrites of both groups the "fake religious" and the "fake scientists". And all of the other flavors of ignorance.

In fact I think there is no such thing as "RELIGIOUS".

I think there is only Reality. It exists outside of us no matter what you or I think. And this reality exhibits a Anomaly that I seek to resolve.

So I am a Truth Seeker.
And I am Open to ALL legitimate explanations that any one of you may offer me, however I do want to think about it and debate it until we figure it out and form at least a decent consensus.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Before i'll be watching your links first this.

Somewhere in the bible a prophecy is written.
I believe this is what it said : ( My translation could be entirely correct ! )

The future has happened and what already has happened will happen in the future.

History repeats itself !!

With the flood and Noah's ark, a world of people is annihilated.
Maya's claim this has happened many times before.

So.
With this in mind . It's not really difficult to asume survivors of the last great annihilation, also knew it happened before.

It's quite easy to write a book with prophecies of the future if you already experienced it yourself.
Comes in handy to !! Well... You would be able to control the world !!

This only works if you keep this knowledge in the family or your community.
You could even use it to make you're people look like a chosen people.

Maybe i'm really imagining things do.

PS
I love Jews just like any other race of people. We are all the same.

Peace and love to all !!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OK I'm trying to listen to his message with an open mind, but the way he continues to shout and wave around is so DAMN ANNOYING!!!!

I cant bear to listen any longer to his voice.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

The thing is, I've read the bible. I know that we're not living in the end times.

You haven't, so you're confused.

Don't let your confusion lead you to believe idiots like this.

So you are the new Bible?

You are clearly making a prediction here. Since you claim to "Know it all".

However it lacks the massive depth that the Bible's predictions offer my hungry mind seeking mysteries and their revelations of understanding.

I don't know it all. I know very limited. I have read almost all parts of the Bible, but obviously no one has the time to read into "ALL OF IT", its too dense.

What did you read the dictionary and encyclopedia too? And Understood fully in their Universal entirety every idea it attempted to convey even if the Author mis conveyed it slightly?

I said ignore the dudes religious cliches. And focus on the Bible quotes themselves.

I am also annoyed by those cliches because I just want the Truth and the answer but I need to understand it.

Like the story about how the Vatican supposedly took out a book of the Bible which said "jesus went to hell and talked to satan" or something, and that essentially Satan said that it was all a deception to give people incentive to be good rather than bad. And that there is no Hell there is only self-inflicted hell through ignorance and arrogance.

All of this makes perfect sense to me. The gaps are filled in. Obvious misunderstandings are resolved and tons of problems are thus removed from the equation.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Edit: maybe I am too quick to judge.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
OK I'm trying to listen to his message with an open mind, but the way he continues to shout and wave around is so DAMN ANNOYING!!!!

I cant bear to listen any longer to his voice.

I guess you would be annoyed by the way Stephen Hawking sounds too.

He has to use a voice box. But I am not rude, I hear the man out no matter how terrible he sounds.

I am personally open to ALL messages despite the eccentricity of the MESSENGERS. All humans have misgivings and weaknesses, but Good people respect this fact and give them a chance.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Video 10 is disgusting to me.

For the 5000th time.

Ignore the Messenger and his cliche or generic or cheesy persona. This is irrelevant to the quotes themselves from the Bible.

He obviously still is not a perfect human nor are his personal thoughts. No one is perfect not you me or him.

Judge lest not yet be judged? We all Failed that one big time. We are nothing in the glory of the truth, for none of us can convey the truth accurately from our limited perspectives which bask in ignorance for none of us are omniscient.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I am personally open to ALL messages despite the eccentricity of the MESSENGERS. All humans have misgivings and weaknesses, but Good people respect this fact and give them a chance.

Uh yeah I gave him a change that's why I have watched 3 videos.... He shouts too much for me to handle. I'd rather read a book by him. I'm still in this thread, so I'm still giving him a chance.

Wait did you call yourself a good person? Your not allowed to love yourself, thats what he says anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Wait did you call yourself a good person? Your not allowed to love yourself, thats what he says anyway.

Where did he say that?

What part of the video, like exact minute?

I think he was saying that the Bible indicated we should strive to be a "good person".

However this is irrelevant again to the topic of Bible prophecy. Isn't it?

It is like deflection from the point.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So far i am enjoying this, he brings up very interesting points. But the guy comes off as too much of a showman for me to properly absorb what he is saying. I'd love to read a book by him although.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
"The Rise of Apostasy"

Crazy how the Bible predicts how the Church changes. This could be explained away at face value, but it would still lack enough depth to explain the context and the coincidental anomaly.

Essentially he shows how mainstream Christianity is accurately foretold by the Bible to become utter hypocrisy and self-delusion. Televangelists and other money hungry typical examples of religious hypocrites.

The quotes clearly indicate this. Is today's modern "Church" Hypocrites and self-deluded ? YES THEY ARE LOL

Insanely Uncanny!!!!
This is a major coincidence!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I think he was saying that the Bible indicated we should strive to be a "good person".

However this is irrelevant again to the topic of Bible prophecy. Isn't it?

It is like deflection from the point.

I just felt like he was saying in video 10, that we are all full of sin and we should not love ourselves. But I guess I did not get the message properly. I myself feel like we have to love ourselves a little to actually love the world around us and other people.

I'm not trying to deflect anything. I am just sharing my opinion and that I honestly am trying my best to listen to his message, but his voice truly makes me feel like I'm going crazy lol.

But I will try to watch more videos and bare it just for you. haha

P.S I wasnt really judging him, I was truly just annoyed by his voice.

He can preach however he wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join