It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 31 Wildest Conspiracy Theories According to 'LIFE'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just came across an interesting slide show series from Life Magazine detailing what they consider the 31 wildest conspiracy theories. The full slide show can be viewed HERE.

Their list seemed to lack any sort of organization so I broke the following down by general themes:

ALIENS & UFO'S
    Aliens crash landed in Roswell
    The U.S. government keeps alien technology at Area 51
    NASA Is covering up an alien civilization on Mars

SECRET SOCIETIES
    The Jack the Ripper murders were carried out by Freemasons
    The Freemasons have orchestrated history
    The Skull and Bones society controls the U.S.

NEW WORLD ORDER/ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT
    The Bilderberg Group rules the world
    The United Nations is engineering a one-world government
    The Council on Foreign Relations wants to install a world dictatorship
    The Trilateral Commission is taking over the world
    Jews Are Bent on Dominating the World (Example: Protocols of the Elders of Zion)
    The one-dollar bill Is full of occult symbols pointing to a new world order

THE JFK ASSASSINATION
    The JFK assassination being a conspiracy in and of itself
    Lyndon B Johnson being behind the assassination
    Oswald was a patsy
    Jack Ruby was framed

THE MLK ASSASSINATION
    Martin Luther King was killed by the government
    James Earl Ray didn't pull the trigger on Martin Luther King

MISCELLANEOUS ASSASSINATIONS & MURDERS
    Marilyn Monroe was killed by the Kennedys
    The Royal Family had Princess Diana killed
    The Clintons Had Vince Foster Murdered

RELIGIOUS CONSPIRACIES
    The Jesuits are a rogue organization bent on world domination
    'The Da Vinci Code' conspiracy is true
    The Vatican secretly governs the world

GENERAL
    The moon landing was faked
    Paul McCartney died and was replaced in the Beatles
    FDR knew about the impending attack on Pearl Harbor
    Big business wants marijuana outlawed
    Black Helicopters watch our every move
    The Sept. 11 attacks were an inside job
    Airplane contrails are actually chemicals being sprayed

I agree that some of the above are far fetched to me personally but some are very intriguing. For instance, there does seem to be some veracity behind the JFK assassination conspiracies as well a the world being pushed towards globalism and a united world government. On the other hand, I don't believe in the CT's like the moon landing being faked or McCarnety being replaced in the Beatles.

These types of compilations generally irritate me because it feels that when they group in, what I believe to be, plausible theories with outlandish theories, they make all of the above appear worthless. Or they resort to generalizations like 9/11 conspiracy theories coming down to it being an inside job when the topic is a lot broader than that (Example: Some believe it's not necessarily an inside job but that the government had foreknowledge). Nevertheless, I found the slide show to be interesting and thought I'd pass it along.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The sad part is, that at least 85% of those are actually true.

It is sad because the MSM is still denying the Truth, that is obvious and HAS BEEN PROVEN through various methods such as Gov't Documents that have only recently (last 20years) been declassified.

I consider their article as SLANDER against anyone who cared to study history and think for themselves.

So here, I will give you my "wildest LIFE articles every written that defy all logic and common sense"

- This Article.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I actually have never heard of some of these.

Some of them are too far out there for even the most committed
conspiracy nutjob.

Like me.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Another point, this LIFE article is clearly written By the Criminals to Protect the Criminals.

What else do they have to gain by such a hit job on denying all of this?

Of course the JFK or MLK murderers want to cover it up. They would be in really deep crap if the majority of the public figured out who was REALLY behind these murders.

And it wasn't a lone nutter, that is a fact.

These criminals should be thrown in jail for aiding and abetting the largest criminal syndicate in the history of mankind.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by AshleyD

I actually have never heard of some of these.

Some of them are too far out there for even the most committed
conspiracy nutjob.

Like me.

Right, they will throw in a few totally rediculous and impossible ones to make the TRUE ones look less credible.

It is a very old tactic and it works on simple minded people who refuse to think critically and ask questions.

Also the short term memory issue contributes greatly to this as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's de-bunking 101

Paint all conspiracies with the same brush

Group Together

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

reply to post by Sean48

I definitely agree with both of you and mentioned that point in the OP when dealing with these 'conspiracy lists.'

From the last paragraph:

These types of compilations generally irritate me because it feels that when they group in, what I believe to be, plausible theories with outlandish theories, they make all of the above appear worthless.

I know the term 'disinfo' gets old around here but I do believe this is a form of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow, maybe I've been hanging around this site too long but I don't see at all how most of these are being labelled "crazy".

The America Dollar bill is full of Occult symbology isn't it? You just have to look it.

The Bilderberg consists of some of the wealthiest men in the world, they control the big businesses that fund the governments so in essence don't they control the world?

I still haven't heard a convincing enough story about either side of 9/11.

The Skull and Bones Societies once housed a fair few presidents, so who knows?

The Roswell Incident whatever it was should never be called crazy, it is literally the biggest UFO conspiracy in the world, I don't see how anyone can so easily dismiss it.

I do find it funny though that AOL published a story on the Bilderberg group 2 days after it declared they would be getting a new CEO in a month, and then Time Life (Partners with) AOL Prints out a story like this putting all conspiracies wacky and valid together....

Hahaha, definitely too much ATS

[edit on 19-1-2010 to fix punctuation mmmm I love punctuation]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
ALIENS & UFO'S
Aliens crash landed in Roswell MAYBE
The U.S. government keeps alien technology at Area 51 MAYBE
NASA Is covering up an alien civilization on Mars MAYBE

SECRET SOCIETIES
The Jack the Ripper murders were carried out by Freemasons DONT KNOW
The Freemasons have orchestrated history PROBABLY NOT
The Skull and Bones society controls the U.S. MAYBE

The Bilderberg Group rules the world NOT ALONE BUT THEY ARE PART OF THE CONTROLLING GROUPS
The United Nations is engineering a one-world government TRUE
The Council on Foreign Relations wants to install a world dictatorship YES
The Trilateral Commission is taking over the world YES
Jews Are Bent on Dominating the World (Example: Protocols of the Elders of Zion) DONT KNOW
The one-dollar bill Is full of occult symbols pointing to a new world order YES

THE JFK ASSASSINATION
The JFK assassination being a conspiracy in and of itself YES
Lyndon B Johnson being behind the assassination DONT KNOW
Oswald was a patsy YES
Jack Ruby was framed DONT KNOW

THE MLK ASSASSINATION
Martin Luther King was killed by the government YES
James Earl Ray didn't pull the trigger on Martin Luther King DONT KNOW

Marilyn Monroe was killed by the Kennedys DONT KNOW
The Royal Family had Princess Diana killed SOMEONE DID
The Clintons Had Vince Foster Murdered DONT KNOW

RELIGIOUS CONSPIRACIES
The Jesuits are a rogue organization bent on world domination DONT KNOW
'The Da Vinci Code' conspiracy is true NO
The Vatican secretly governs the world NO

GENERAL
The moon landing was faked NO
Paul McCartney died and was replaced in the Beatles NO
FDR knew about the impending attack on Pearl Harbor MAYBE
Big business wants marijuana outlawed MAYBE
Black Helicopters watch our every move OBVIOUSLY NOT
The Sept. 11 attacks were an inside job YES
Airplane contrails are actually chemicals being sprayed SOME ARE...YES

its an amazing list...and quite clever in the way it links the ridiculous (black helicopters watching us all) with the proven...and also exaggerates 'all planes are spraying us'...or..'the royal family had diana killed'

the article is an obvious piece of manipulation...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Great break down. Here's mine.

ALIENS & UFO'S
I believe other life in the universe is highly probable. As for the Roswell incident and Area 51, I don't know. IMO, like their 9/11 segment, this subject is so much broader but this list narrows the entire ET discussion down to one event.

SECRET SOCIETIES
1). Jack the Ripper and Freemasons: Probably not. I do believe the Ripper had medical experience, though. But I've never seen anything tie him into the masons.
2). Freemasonry plot to orchestrate history: Probably not but I do believe some of the higher ups are involved in nefarious actions.
3). Skull & Bones: Not sure.

I definitely believe in this one as a whole. It's way too obvious. Working on a thread now dealing with this. Elitists have even admitted this is their goal and what they're working towards.

THE JFK ASSASSINATION
I do believe the government was involved in this and that Oswald was a patsy. I do not believe Jack Ruby was framed and it's possible LBJ was at least somewhat involved in it.

THE MLK ASSASSINATION
I don't know if the government was behind it.

Monroe: I don't think so, personally. Diana and Foster: Don't know but possible.

RELIGIOUS CONSPIRACIES
1). Jesuits: I don't know much about them but have read some pretty startling things about them. But I don't know how much is valid and how much is wild conspiracy theory.
2). Da Vinci Code: False.
3). Vatican: I believe they know a lot that they don't tell us but their glory days for power were over centuries ago and they don't have much pull now.

GENERAL
1). I believe we really landed on the moon.
2). Paul McCartney is alive and well and was not replaced in the Beatles.
3). FDR knew about Pearl Harbor in advance: Unsure but possible. Maybe it was allowed as a reason to garner public support to enter WWII.
4). I don't know enough about alternative substances to know if big business wants to keep marijuana illegal. I do believe there is a conspiracy against hemp, though.
5). Black Helicopters: No.
6). 9/11 Was in inside job: I don't believe our government planned and orchestrated it but it does at least seem they had foreknowledge and that they also concealed and distorted evidence concerning the tragedy.
7). Contrails: Unsure but it's possible. They use additives in other things like our food and water supply so I don't see it as being impossible for them to put things into our air.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wait!

People still read LIFE magazine?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just to give this thread a little bump...

Aliens crash landed in Roswell MAYBE
The U.S. government keeps alien technology at Area 51 MAYBE
NASA Is covering up an alien civilization on Mars MAYBE

The Jack the Ripper murders were carried out by Freemasons NO. Jack may have been a Freemason but he was not acting masonic.

The Freemasons have orchestrated history NO. Helped found USA.
The Skull and Bones society controls the U.S. NO. Yale produces influential people.

The Bilderberg Group rules the world
The United Nations is engineering a one-world government
The Council on Foreign Relations wants to install a world dictatorship
The Trilateral Commission is taking over the world
Jews Are Bent on Dominating the World (Example: Protocols of the Elders of Zion)

What is unknown is whether many streams and ideologies are in Competition to each other, which competition is set-up and artificial (the "Illuminati"-Theory) and which is natural.

The UN is not competent enough to set up anything.

Living in ONE WORLD or an NWO is not the problem. It would only become a problem if that ONE WORLD is a totalitarian police state.

The one-dollar bill Is full of occult symbols pointing to a new world order
YES IT IS. SO WHAT?

The JFK assassination being a conspiracy in and of itself YES
Lyndon B Johnson being behind the assassination NO
Oswald was a patsy YES
Jack Ruby was framed YES

Martin Luther King was killed by the government MAYBE
James Earl Ray didn't pull the trigger on Martin Luther King MAYBE

Marilyn Monroe was killed by the Kennedys DONT KNOW
The Royal Family had Princess Diana killed DONT KNOW
The Clintons Had Vince Foster Murdered DONT KNOW

The Jesuits are a rogue organization bent on world domination NO
'The Da Vinci Code' conspiracy is true NO
The Vatican secretly governs the world USED TO. NOT ANYMORE.

The moon landing was faked NO.
Paul McCartney died and was replaced in the Beatles NO
FDR knew about the impending attack on Pearl Harbor DONT KNOW
Big business wants marijuana outlawed NO
Black Helicopters watch our every move NO
The Sept. 11 attacks were an inside job MAYBE
Airplane contrails are actually chemicals being sprayed DONT KNOW

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
www.cracked.com...

Truman attempt not included! www.trumanlibrary.org...

One of David Letterman's best Top Ten lists was of Things Reagan Actually Does Remember. My favorite was "That Jodie Foster is a troublemaker"!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AshleyD

Maybe half or less of those I believe, most I don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if my late uncle believed every one of them and more. He did believe Oswald was trying to warn Kennedy which was one of the silliest things I ever heard.

Heck, I even believe about half of these: www.thedailybeast.com... The other half are batsh!t.

No end to the theories, keeping debunkers busy! www.dallasnews.com...
edit on 9-12-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: More magnificent material!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Top Ten Stupidest President Kennedy Assassination Theories:

10. Oliver Stone did it knowing the subject would one day make a great movie. (His alibi was being in school halfway across the country—but he sure gained enough from it!)

9. The “umbrella man” theory: Louie Steven Witt appears in the Zapruder film, seemingly inexplicably raising a black umbrella on a sunny day. He was accused of using this to either signal marksmen, or to fire a poison dart concealed within the umbrella. Appearing before the House Select Committee on Assassinations, Witt, who still had the original umbrella and brought it as an exhibit, creating a light moment in the proceedings, stated that he actually had the umbrella to taunt JFK over the Kennedy family’s World War II Nazi ties.

8. a) The driver, William Greer, was in on it and slowed down to allow the gunman better aim. b) The driver himself turned and fired a gun which neither anyone else in the car, anyone watching on both sides of the road, or most of the millions who eventually saw the films by Abraham Zapruder and Orville Nix ever noticed.

7. James Files fired the final shot from the Grassy Knoll. (Update to the "Just when you think you've heard them all" file: apparently now some poor sucker has confessed! www.newsmax.com... )

6. Walt Disney had it done because he was angry that Kennedy liked Old Yeller better than Savage Sam. wikibomb.wordpress.com...

5. Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

4. Kennedy's wife Jackie had it done because she was angry about fill in the blank.

3. Every time I look this up, I hear a new one. Someone proposed that Scanners made Kennedy's head explode (as in the 1981 movie). www.rottentomatoes.com... If Jackie was one, I guess it could have been her.

2. Kennedy was not killed. At least one version has him removed from office while one has him surviving incapacitated on Aristotle Onassis’s private island.

1. Suicide.

new topics

top topics

join