It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question of aid distribution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Every time I see the U.N. or feel in the blank pass out aid they are always mobbed and a fight breaks out. I saw a soccer stadium, parks and the gated presidential palace, why don't they let those who need aid go to these pre-determined well enclosed places and form a line, which I know they can do and pass out food in a secure area?

Last time I saw the U.N. troops passed out like 3 biscuits because all they do is drive around the city and stop somewhere when the people don't know they're coming and just rush them, then it forces them to flee away because of that. Helicopters can sure as fu@k haul loads of aid and lower them in a soccer stadium above Haitians and lower it down! Unless Haitians can fly, has anybody seen that I would love to know!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
They just showed a clip of UN workers handing out biscuits. They were being mobbed by Haitian young men. And then the men started complaining that the biscuits were bad. They weren't bad. The idiots were confusing the packaged date with the expiration date. And for the poorest country in the western hemisphere some of these young men and women dress better than many Americans and surely are much better dressed than their African counterparts.

Haitian people need to get their # together and start acting like human beings.......if they want the rest of the world to treat them like human beings.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It might seem like a good idea to cluster people but that creates all sorts of other problems. Many, many people are incapable of moving any distance at all and that is IF the roads are passable. They're already hungry, dehydrated and many are injured milling about in nearly 90deg heat. Getting large numbers of people herded together is just asking for a riot. It would be nice if everyone was capable of waiting patiently in line in the sun for several hours for a few bottles of water but that won't happen. It wouldn't happen here in the U.S. either if we were in a similar situation. Desperate people are dangerous. Relief aganecies have studied these kinds of situations for years and know what they're doing. They know what works and what doesn't.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Know what they are doing? Just like they knew what they were doing in Katrina right?

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Dude... the military, if you will remember, was very late to the party in Katrina. Mr. Bush decided that the clowns he had in FEMA would deal with it. This is a totally different situation. For Haiti we acted quickly, decisively and used the military. In Katrina the adminsitration diddled around, allowed the situation to be managed with a patchwork of local and state agencies and FEMA and basically simply screwed the pooch.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

No the administration thought that people in general were a lot more capable and self sufficient than they turned out to be. The world and Obama knows that the Haitian people are helpless and the paternalistic Obama administration wants to look like the world's savior...............save the poor and down trodden Haitians..............it's not their fault.........

While our country implodes don't worry we will still be trying to save the world! Obama is a globalist to the bone and this situation in Haiti just gets him off like nothing ever could.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Zosynspiracy

Your probably right. But, you could always form multiple lines and if these people know they're guaraneted food and water they will wait. Besides, they've lived there all their life so the heat is no problem.

But then again you never know what they're going to do, so just a thought I had.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And because where American's! Where going to spread freedom! Were spreading freedom dust! MY BIG HARRY AS$! The government of this country never changes, so sad.

join