It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all Zionists support Zionism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
We are all accostomed to the pro Israel looby on here bashing anyone who dares to criticise Israel and the Zionist policies it pushes.

Non Jews are branded anti semetic, whilst even Jews who speak out are berated as self hating Jews.

Here we have a self confessed Zionist speaking out against Israels actions

Gerald Kaufman a Jew and a member of The Jewish Labour Movement a pro zionist group has led a European Union Delegation to Gazza and has stated support for Palestinians and called for Israeli war criminals to be tried.

What name will The pro Israel supporters give to Kaufman ?

[edit on 16-1-2010 by bigyin]

I have read about Hedy Epstine and a similar movement.
She is an 84 year old holocaust survivor participating in a similar movement.
I do not think she is a self proclaimed Zionist. Are the two movements in support of the folks in Gaza connected?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good Morning.

I would suggest, rather strongly, that we return to the topic at hand. Which is:

Not all Zionists support Zionism

The off topic, and rude attacks on other members will stop.

The topic, not each other...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by bigyin

There goes that little voice again, screaming not to wander into this swamp of misunderstanding, antisemitism and political demagoguery.

But... I haven't had enough coffee yet to reflect good sense so, here goes...

I wonder how many of those who rail on against 'Zionism' really have the slightest idea what the term means or where it originated. I mean, there is more to it than those ee-ville Jews who want to conquer the world.

Just as a suggestion, you might want to try this link... merely as a starting point:
en.wikipedia.org...

Now then, I'll go grab another mug o' mud and then, check back a little later to see how badly I was mauled for mentioning this.

Cheers.

Catraphobia eh.
Actually you posted a link to Zion
Here is what you probably meant to post.

Fron Answers.com
correct me if I am wrong.

Zi·on·ism (zī'ə-nĭz'əm)

Sponsored Links
Date Jewish Singles
Free To Browse Pics & Videos of Beautiful Jewish Singles. Join Now
www.JPeopleMeet.com

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionary

n.
A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

Zionist Zi'on·ist adj. & n.
Zionistic Zi'on·is'tic adj.

English▼
English▼ Deutsch Español Français Italiano Tagalog

Search unanswered questions...

Britannica Concise Encyclopedia:
Zionism

Home > Library > Miscellaneous > Britannica Concise Encyclopedia
Zionism

Jewish nationalism movement with the goal of establishing a Jewish state in Palestine. In the 16th – 17th century, a number of "messiahs" tried to persuade the Jews to return to Palestine, but by the late 18th century interest had largely faded. Pogroms in Eastern Europe led to formation of the "Lovers of Zion," which promoted the settlement of Jewish farmers and artisans in Palestine. In the face of persistent anti-Semitism, Theodor Herzl advocated a Jewish state in Palestine. He held the first Zionist Congress in Basel in 1897. After World War I the movement picked up momentum with the issuing of the Balfour Declaration. The Jewish population in Palestine increased from 90,000 in 1914 to 238,000 in 1933. The Arab population resisted Zionism, and the British tried unsuccessfully to reconcile Jewish and Arab demands. Zionism achieved its goal with the creation of Israel in 1948. See also Alliance Israélite Universelle, David Ben-Gurion, Hagana, Vladimir Jabotinsky, Irgun Zvai Leumi.
For more information on Zionism, visit Britannica.com.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join