It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 designated with a new name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
www.airforcetimes.com...

The Air Force’s classified test range at Groom Lake, Nev., has never lacked for evocative nicknames — it and its restricted airspace have been called Dreamland, Paradise Ranch, The Box and, most famously, Area 51. Now there’s a less romantic moniker to throw on the pile: “Homey Airport,” according to a few civilian aviation journals.

“Homey Airport” now appears as the official name for a certain air base near a certain dry lake bed in Nevada, according to reports in the Web site of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, as well as the Daily Aviator blog and others. New editions of flight planning software and civilian aviators’ GPS gear lists the name and the official designation “KXTA” — which online wags have speculated stands for “extraterrestrial airport.” (The “k” designation indicates only that the field is in the U.S., according to the Federal Aviation Administration.)

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I love the new name!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by REMISNE

Check the date on that article. This is old news.

If you google around the net, you will find only the Honeywell database uses KXTA and Homey. Once in a while Groom Lake is referred to as Home Plate, which is probably where Homey is derived. In FAA documents, you will find they use either TNX or TKM, with or without the K prefix. TKM is always Groom Lake. TNX could be the TTR or Groom Lake. You can tell by the routing and altitude. Groom lake flights are either 14kft or 15kft, depending on direction. The Groom Lake flights usually have the fixes FIDOE and or SHOWW in them. There is thread on ATS with a copy of my FOIA showing these are "reserved" aviation fixes. (The Janets fly under the reserved prefix of WWW.) Flights to/from the TTR are higher altitude and often have TPH (Tonopah civilian airport) in the routing.

Dreamland is the airspace above the base, not the base itself, but that is nitpicking.

I have about 8 clippings from old EPA reports showing Groom Lake, so that seems to be the preferred designation of the base. There is also Det 3 of the AFFTC, but I think that is specific to the base operator. Since the Navy and Marines have used the bases, I'm not sure it should be strictly referred to as DET 3. That's one for Shadowfax.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Check the date on that article. This is old news.

It may be older news but thier was no thread on this.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by REMISNE

Type in Homey in the search box.

You can find the Honeywell document with homey here:
xta homey

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Gariac speaks the truth. But what a slap in the face that would be. Homey?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Personally, I always think of it as "Digger Control" from an old movie I saw a long time ago ...

The Disappearance of Flight 412

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It no longer matters what they call it, all of the top secret stuff has been moved completely to Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. Including all of the alein technology, reversed engineered craft along with a few developmental aircraft also.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
It no longer matters what they call it, all of the top secret stuff has been moved completely to Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. Including all of the alein technology, reversed engineered craft along with a few developmental aircraft also.

No, it was not moved to Utah

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

No, it was not moved to Utah

Are you sure? Google tells me that it very well might have been.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

It no longer matters what they call it, all of the top secret stuff has been moved completely to Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. Including all of the alien technology, reversed engineered craft along with a few developmental aircraft also.

Per my original post, yes it was.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Seriously? If Google tells you it was moved to Utah, it must be true? Perhaps you are being sarcastic and I am missing the joke.

The original Popular Mechanics article written by Jim Wilson in the late 1990s, claiming the "Area 51 has closed and moved operations to Utah," was essentially a fabrication based on poor research and assumptions. Subsequent work by serious researchers that included study of documents, interviews with government and contractor personnel, and analysis of satellite and ground-based imagery of Groom Lake show that the Nevada facility is growing and thriving. Construction of facilities including new hangars and runways has continued unabated. Commuter traffic from Las Vegas and Palmdale to the base has also increased dramatically, suggesting that several projects are underway.

Some people concede that "Groom Lake continues to be a test site for Air Force projects but that the really secret stuff involving extraterrestrial technology has been moved." Well, that is half right. It is an Air Force test site for black projects but there were never any projects at Groom Lake involving extraterrestrial technology. The main difference is that there is overwhelming evidence (photos, documentation, etc.) of Air Force and CIA aircraft and weapons projects that took place at Groom Lake but not one shred of evidence supporting the extraterrestrial rumors.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Homey dont play dat lol, YEA the name is wild wonders who made that one up.

[edit on 2/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Hi Shadowhawk,

Thanks as usual for your balanced response. Because of yourself and others who always provide detailed information/photos based on local experience, observations and technical understanding I agree - it is still active in black projects.

If other posters want to believe in reverse technology on ET craft - then they should feel free to explore Utah, New Mexico, Alaska or wherever... fact is, Area 51 is probably more active to-day than every before.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It no longer matters what they call it, all of the top secret stuff has been moved completely to Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. Including all of the alien technology, reversed engineered craft along with a few developmental aircraft also.

Per my original post, yes it was.

And per my post, NO IT WAS NOT.

Area 51, Groom Lake, DET 3 AFFTC, whatever you wish to call it, as just as busy as ever. Nothing was moved to Utah, unless you want to believe a silly article written by a guy who got lost when driving around Nevada.

Its unfortunately how such journalistic malpractice, should take on a life of its own. Shortly after that story was written, people realized this guy has never even actually found the base but pulled up to some cattle gate on the wrong road. But, people still want to claim the base was closed up and its all moved to Utah.

of course there is ZERO EVIDENCE of anything moved to Utah, but lots of evidence that Groom Lake is as busy as ever, based on new construction there, and the daily commuter flights

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Arguing with the "Groom Lake has been moved" crowd is useless since you are dealing with people that believe what they want to believe, rather than facts. The following link is about the (cough cough) new Area 51.

Glenn Campbell does Green River

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It amazes me how you people here place others who do not believe as you into "groups" on a dime. I have no clue about any "article" and I do not "belong" to any "groom lake moved crowd", I retired from gov service and know for a fact that much of the purported advanced technology, reversed engineering projects (from a variety of sources) has indeed moved. I never said that Groom Lake isn't still being used. However you people seem to cement your theories in whatever rhetoric fits the cause and instead of perhaps asking questions, you folks just act like the off spring of Agent Mulder when anyone says something contrary to what you wish to believe.

Done here....

top topics

join