It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connections between the Origin Of Species book and an Inconvenient Truth Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I Wonders What the Connections Between The Origin Of species Book and An Inconvenient truth Film?

[edit on 16-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Puzzling indeed. Perhaps this is something you could discuss in NA.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Puzzling indeed. Perhaps this is something you could discuss in NA.

The connection is: Global warming Theory is some form of Environmental darwinism

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

A bunch of backwards zealots denying the clear evidence for specific phenomena by pushing faith-based conspiratorial claims that perpetuate ignorance??

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

A bunch of backwards zealots denying the clear evidence for specific phenomena by pushing faith-based conspiratorial claims that perpetuate ignorance??

According to their believes Man evolved from apes just for causing Global warming so they want to destroy at least 90% of Humankind in the guise of environmentalism

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wait, so how are you connecting these together? I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Wait, so how are you connecting these together? I'm confused.

Because according their beliefs Human come from ape just for destroying their own habitat before they have any chances to do any spaceflights

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Apes evolved because they destroyed their habitat? Space flights? Have you read On the Origin of Species?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336

Apes evolved because they destroyed their habitat? Space flights? Have you read On the Origin of Species?

According their beliefs Apes evolved into man just for Causing Global warming and the Space Flights that I mentioned here refers only to Deep Space Travel

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My Question is: why Global warming and Evolution is core of Modern Science?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On behalf of sane human beings everywhere, I pose the eternal question:

What?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican
On behalf of sane human beings everywhere, I pose the eternal question:

What?

Sorry! that question is have nothing to do With Global Warming and Evolution

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

He is asking you to clarify the one thing that every person who has stumbled into this thread is wondering about:

What exactly are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Both Darwinism and Global Warming are THEORIES. By definition, a THEORY is an analytic structure created to explain a set of empirical observations. A scientific theory does a few basic things:

1. it identifies this set of distinct observations as a class of phenomena, and
2. makes assertions about the underlying reality that brings about or impacts this class/ and
3. allows assumptions that may be tested.

It comes from the greek 'theoria' = to speculate or wonder.

Both Darwinism and the theory of global warming do each of the above things. Further, it follows that a theory can NEVER be proved. A theory can be 'underdetermined' if, given the available evidence cited to support the theory, there is a rival theory which is inconsistent with it that is at least as consistent with the evidence.

Also, If there is a new theory which is better at explaining and predicting phenomena than an older theory (i.e. it has more explanatory power), we are justified in believing that the newer theory describes reality more correctly.

In the case of global warming theory, in for example, there are many alternative explanations that can be tested to explain the observed & reported phenomenon. One alternative explanation is that the observers misread, mismeasured or otherwise LIED about the data upon which they based their conclusions. Another corollary of this contention is that those funding the research funded only very specific findings findings rather than supporting the search itself. This is exactly what happened with Galileo and the early debates about the geocentric vs. heliocentric theory of our galaxy.

To quote Al Gore about the global warming thoery, "the science is settled." However, some wise man said something to the effect that when we start thinking that science is settled, we have started preaching dogma rather than practicing the scientific method.

Go read Thomas Kuhn's excellent "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions." He describes the science/dogma in very great detail. IT's neat to think about.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
both Theory of Evolution and Global Warming theory dominates today's science because the global elites that control everything wants majority of mankind gone and even up to 99% of human population are gone they still further continues their merciless exploitation of the Mother Nature.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by masonicon]

[edit on 28-2-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
They were both written in English by people. On paper.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by afterschoolfun]

new topics

top topics

join