It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the animals of Haiti, none to be seen in the streets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That is interesting, I grew up with the religious mix we have in the islands you know Santeria and spiritism, and yes you are right, some people believe that demons and spirits can enter the bodies of animals but for some reason I grew out of all that.

Sad to say that my now very fundamentalism parent believe the crap that comes our of the mouth of Pat Roberson about Haiti and their evil ways.

I happen to have a talk with my sister today and she just told me that.

Sad.

Not anywhere near as sad as JJay trying to turn that into a platform to preach against the evil Jihadists in a Haitian Earthquake thread.

Personally I think it was HARRP, I started hearing rumblings here in Miami from the earth 4 days before that Earthquake and even posted it here on ATS 4 days before the Earthquake.

I actually heard rumblings Tuesday about the same time the Earthquake struck.

It's all about ridding the world of Worthless Eaters and its why we got in there quick and took over the airport and are controlling the flow of what gets in and out of there right now.

We live in a really screwed up world in my humble opinion.

That people look for an edge or redemption through ritual the occult and complicated alternative belief systems...is par for the course.

One thing is for sure the governments and corporations are never going to give them an edge!

[edit on 15/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

OMG! You havent lived till you tasted that crunchy skin with mojo.

I have lived, I have lived, they tell me though the ears are the absolute best part!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
What an astute observation. I never thought about it, but now I realize I haven't seen any animals in any of the footage. I will be more attentive when I switch it back on.

Let me just say the obvious and get it over with:

They are squashed.

I have seen a picture of an animal. It was a sheep, killed from the quake, but not crushed.

I don't know where I saw the picture. I've seen too many in the past 3 days to have a good chance of finding it.

I have not seen one live animal in any pictures or film as of yet, though.

I don't expect to many animals in PAP. There does not seem to be enough land for grazing of any animals. Nor enough money to provide feed from an outside source.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I know, my sister said that they felt the earthquake in PR too, now as for the cooked pigs, is called Lechon a la varita and the skin we call it in Puerto Rico chicharron

Yes we eat it with mojo.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

People don't keep dogs as pets in Haiti.

Not sure about cats..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

Thanks for the information, perhaps I just missed some in the pictures, I can imagine that the more affluent areas of the city does have some where.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I know, my sister said that they felt the earthquake in PR too, now as for the cooked pigs, is called Lechon a la varita and the skin we call it in Puerto Rico chicharron

Yes we eat it with mojo.

Chicharrons are better with lime juice if you ask me, I prefer them Columbian style cut up into little bite sized pieces.

Isn’t it amazing how no one in the Latin world ever heard of cholesterol yet no one is dying from it?

You know those little bakeries and cantinas are one of the best sources for steroid and chemical free food you are ever going to find.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I can see the "rich" in haiti,[ETA: I meant in the heavily populated areas where an animal can not graze for food,] possibly having animals for food. As they can pay for the feed.

I've probably seen over 1000 photos of the devastation and only one I can think of with an animal in it.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Could it be that most of the animals sensed the quake beforehand and left the area?

I remember reading a story about animals breaking loose from their captivity and running inland before the Boxing Day Tsunami hit the island a few years ago.

Also, I had an experience with my dog breaking loose out of her collar when a sink hole opened up close-by very soon afterwards. I posted it on another thread.

From what I have read animals react according to the intensity of whatever it is they are sensing.

You might enjoy reading this. Bizarre things animals do before an earthquake: mail.colonial.net...

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Alethea]

<< 1   >>

join