It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Strangest Dream You've Ever Had?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
I woke up, went about my normal routine...bathroom, cig, Dr.Pepper, then PC and meds in that order.

Then I really woke up, and now that I have had this dream of waking up, after waking up, I keep having reallity issues and wondering if I'm about to awakin again.
It has had me spooked ever since it happened!

Dude, nothing to worry about.. this is very common, its called a False Awakening (or FA for short). I have them all the time.

If your ever in doubt about whether your really awake or not then perform a reality check (or RC for short). My favourite RC is to look at the numbers on my watch, or some writing, look away then look back - if the numbers/writing changes the 2nd time around you know your dreaming. The great thing about this is if you do it whilst in a dream, you will realise your dreaming and thus become lucid!

99% of the time in a dream, numbers/writing will change the 2nd time you look at it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

I did the reality check onetime while I was thinking, about 1:00 AM in an apparent dream state, that I was suspended in mid air over my bed. I fell three feet and landed back on the bed and FREAKED. I was maybe 5. May be what is wrong with me now? The sleeper was awakened on several levels, I suppose. Part of me knows that a shadow I saw had affected me just as I went to sleep.

But the experience was so real Mom came running in and told me it was her hand holding me up. When I asked why she let me fall? She said she was putting me back in bed. If she had said she had picked me in her arms instead of saying a hand was under me, I would have never remembered the event. I have never resolved that moment other than to say I probably had a levitation dream. I wonder if I did leave the bed? I have fallen off the side before while sleeping and they both felt a lot like your never gonna land but for just that split second.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Another strange dream that has been egging my mind happened when I also was 12 and I kept it for so long because I thought people would try to say I am just saying what I seen on Fringe(except back then I told someone long before Fringe came out, but I don't know who I told?). Ever since they showed the other reality the alternate one with Walternate and no peter, etc I have been in total shock because when I was 12 I had a dream of the same kind of place, there were the blimps all over the skies and the bikes with the giant front wheel, I really think the writer at least one of the writer's of Fringe must have been there too because their "FAKE" alternate reality is exactly like I dreamt of when I was 12. It's eery to have seen that when they first aired the show that went into more depth about the alternate world. I am just awed by this. And before you ask were the towers there yes they would still have been there on both sides as I was twelve LOOOONG before 2001. So also I wasn't in NY but my home state, NJ, in the dream there were things different about NJ, too in the dream but they never showed much about NJ in the episodes on the other reality(for comparison). Only breifly. So my thought is the writer probably was from NY and only had a limited view of NJ maybe he/she had the dreams often, mine only happened once. Maybe there is some kind of connection with that region of the US and that particular parallel reality that's of some significance?
edit on 10-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: clarification

edit on 10-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: clarification

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The strangest thing happened in my dream? It was an alien 5-6ft tall, looked like a grey but it was brownish similar color and pattern to a golden eagle, and it was walking in our hallway i was in bed and thats how i saw it, but it was in a dream i think.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster. I created an account to post this story.

When I was about 14 I went to France with my mom, dad, and sister. Again, I was probably 14 so I didn't check my parents itinerary leading up to the trip at all, I just sort of generally knew what regions we were staying in. So we stayed in the Liore Valley for a few nights on the grounds of an old chateau, in the old stable that had been converted into a guest house where the couple that owned the chateau were running a very nice little bed and breakfast.

One night I had a dream that I was walking through a house, or apartment building. I can't remember how I felt during the dream because it was so long ago, whether I was curious, or felt like I was following someone or something, or being chased and using the building to try and escape. But I distinctly remember wandering into a lobby of some kind, up a staircase, and into what looked and felt like an appartment.

The next morning I woke up and didn't really think much of it, until a few days later we checked into our hotel in Paris and it was the EXACT building I had visited in my dream. Down to literally every single detail, the colors the old lamps in the lobby were creating, the positions of furniture, placement of things like soap and shampoos in our room. When we walked in I immediately got goose bumps and couldn't talk. I had seen the lobby, staircase, and our particular room in the hotel which we were staying.

Sorry for the long post, but I'd be interested to know if anyone had ever heard of or had a similar experience. I have never had any remotely similar experiences in my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join