It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama musical set to open in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Snips from the story:
Obama musical set to open in Germany

BERLIN – A musical about Barack Obama's "Yes we can" election campaign premieres in Germany this weekend, including love songs by the president to his wife Michelle and duets with Hillary Clinton.

Even John McCain and Sarah Palin are given stage time, with actors portraying the losing Republican candidates and belting out songs on their behalf.

The venue for the premiere seems appropriate since the optimism of Obamania remains largely intact in Germany, about a year after Obama, an accomplished public speaker, became America's first black president..

"I had the idea (for the musical) during the presidential campaign. ... It was fascinating and the mood at the time fired my imagination," American writer Randall Hitchins said in a news release provided by the organizers. "All the people were hoping for a change for a better life and there was such a great, collective emotion."

"The story starts 20 years ago, when Obama worked as a community organizer in Chicago, and leads all the way to the 2008 campaign," said Wilson.

Set in Obama's hometown of Chicago and viewed through the eyes of people who share an apartment, the musical tries to show how Obama's campaign gave people at the time hope for change and belief in a better future.

As part of an interactive gimmick, the audience will be asked to participate in the show by playing tiny drums built into their chairs.

Two other musicals about the president were performed in other countries last year: "Obama On My Mind" in London and "Obama: The Musical" in Nairobi, Kenya.

It’s interesting that it only goes through the campaign. It’s also interesting that the writer keeps talking in past tense in his statements: “It WAS fascinating and the mood AT THE TIME fired my imagination. All the people WERE hoping for a change for a better life and there WAS such a great, collective emotion.”

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The third musical written about Obama?

When will a religion based on his life begin?

I am sorry, this kind of stuff is getting kind of weird. I don't know, what is wrong with the crazed idol worship today? I never really had any idol my whole life. What is this phenomena?

Is it because people have no real liberty they have to project Obama as a component of their lives? I just cannot understand it anymore.

Bush was projected in every venue as the Anti-Christ, is this the repurcussive manifestation of that edict?

Anyway, Obama is human and as a politician/leader is humdrum at best. As a puppet of the Banker/Corporate/Elite infrastructure he should receive accolades as a beautiful marionette story.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Amazing , how a nation fell from Beethoven and Wagner to Milli Vanilli , Hassellhoff and Obama Musicals . Line 2

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have a name for it" Dummkopf"

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

You beat me to it! How about "Steamroller" kind of like "Showboat", but in this instance it is about how our rights and freedoms are being steamrolled by this cast of jokers

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

How about "Pinocchio"? You know... that muppet... I mean puppet who could never tell the truth.

IRM

new topics

top topics

join