It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Osama Bin Laden may look now, at 52

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If Osama is alive today, then I am sure he has changed the way he looks. No turban, no beard and maybe he has blended into the population.

Bin Laden is still thought to be hiding in the mountainous region near the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan

So I think the US is trying to get him by these altered photos. But I think he is just a figure head of Al Qaeda now.

The US State Department has issued a digitally-altered photo showing how Osama Bin Laden may look now, aged 52.

Its 1998 file image of the al-Qaeda leader has been adapted to take account of a decade's worth of ageing, and possible changes to facial hair.

The digitally-altered photos on the State Department's website show two options for how he may look now - one with a full beard, and one without.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/982546d5f805.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
More than likely, THIS is what he really looks like right about now:
www.freewebs.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this is already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-1-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I would not have recognised the man. I wonder whether he is still alive. To say that he was once a billionaire living in luxury! He through it all away! Religion can make you do stupid things

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Elethiel

I would not have recognised the man. I wonder whether he is still alive.

There are people who say that he is dead. But then we dont have his body. He may be dead and the CIA may not even know about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Considering that he was a cia asset known as Tim Ossman, Im guessing the CIA knows very well where he is, dead or alive.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Considering that he was a cia asset known as Tim Ossman, Im guessing the CIA knows very well where he is, dead or alive.

He was if you think, a CIA asset, but then how would you define a CIA asset. In the 80s CIA funded the group that fought against the Soviets, if that makes him a CIA asset.

But then in the 80s there was no Al Qaeda, and the prime puspose of the CIA was to fight against the Soviets rule in Afghanistan, now that Soviets pulled out in the 89, what was CIA doing? Why could they not stop Bin Laden?

He used the funds and weapons that CIA gave him against the Western countries and then we have 9/11

How many times will the US make this mistake?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
reply to post by captaintyinknots

He was if you think, a CIA asset, but then how would you define a CIA asset. In the 80s CIA funded the group that fought against the Soviets, if that makes him a CIA asset.

But then in the 80s there was no Al Qaeda, and the prime puspose of the CIA was to fight against the Soviets rule in Afghanistan, now that Soviets pulled out in the 89, what was CIA doing? Why could they not stop Bin Laden?

He used the funds and weapons that CIA gave him against the Western countries and then we have 9/11

How many times will the US make this mistake?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

I am of two minds on this:
1)He was a former cia asset(which is fact), funded and armed by the CIA, who went rogue. If this were the case, I believe he would have been snuffed out long ago.

2)He continued to be a cia asset after the 80's, only now he was used as the poster child for the loss of security, and thus the forfeit of freedom.

I believe that VERY little of world affairs are 'mistakes'.

Roosevelt said it best:
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." Franklin D. Roosevelt ...

top topics

join