It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti: where the Heck is the Vatican and the Pope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is it just me or is there a glaring MIA in Haiti?

Since most of the country is Catholic, and Catholicism is primarliy to blame for Haiti's overcrowding in the first place (no birth control), where's the Pope? Why isn't the Vatican leading the way with donations to support their flock?

Perhaps I'm missing something. I know that faith-based organizations are strongly represented and are helping massively, but I've not seen or heard anything from the Vatican yet.

Seems like the Pope should be stepping up for this one.

*Staff Edit - Please do not circumvent the censors in posts or thread titles.

[edit on 1/15/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Vatican has a one-way policy for the money.

The 'faithful' give money to the Church, not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Is it just me or is there a glaring MIA in Haiti?

Since most of the country is Catholic, and Catholicism is primarliy to blame for Haiti's overcrowding in the first place (no birth control), where's the Pope? Why isn't the Vatican leading the way with donations to support their flock?

Perhaps I'm missing something. I know that faith-based organizations are strongly represented and are helping massively, but I've not seen or heard anything from the Vatican yet.

Seems like the Pope should be stepping up for this one.

They're watching CNN.There's a nice show going on.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The Pope's real clever and and all, but he's gotta be a genius to pull out some soothing words for this one. Sure, he told AIDs-torn South Africa to refuse to use condoms and ignore contraception. They should trust the Big Plan....he got away with that one.

In the case of Haiti, the Book of Job is as close as it gets. Even the God-damn Pope has more tact than to suggest God is just testing them. They could send a lot of aid and just keep their mouths shut.

Tony Blair is a Catholic envoy, I bet he could spin some BS on the Pope's behalf. "Friends, Haitians and countrymen, let us humbly accept the compliment that the Great Lord Almighty has shown us these past days. Let's celebrate God's generosity in the attention He has devoted to Haiti."

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Can you actually circumvent the censors in the title of a thread?

I really thought ATS was above such filth?

Why do hateful liberals feel the need to cuss? Does it compensate for their weak arguements?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

What's weak is the lack of response by the Vatican and Pope.

All I can say is that if this is part of "God's plan", then he/it is one messed up entity with really cruddy planning skills.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

www.catholicculture.org...
the Pope: “I appeal to the generosity of all people so that these our brothers and sisters who are experiencing a moment of need and suffering may not lack our concrete solidarity and the effective support of the international community.” He said that Catholic charities would respond as quickly and generously as possible.

I would suggest you all listen to the news a little closer. CNN as well as every other news-feed I've been reading have all mentioned them as being very active in collecting funds to help the Haitian people in this tragic time.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

So they won't be sending any of their own cash over, just the extra cash that they can have donated by the faithful.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
reply to post by palg1

So they won't be sending any of their own cash over, just the extra cash that they can have donated by the faithful.

What a bunch of parasites!
Some people forget that you may believe in God but don't believe in Rome(Vatican).
I'm one of those that believe in God but don't believe in Rome,capische?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by upnorthtrip]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Pope is responding the United States, the United Kingdom and even Israel which are all Roman Corporate Holdings are in fact sending massive aide and responding to the disaster.

Of course we are responding slowly, and methodically, in that typical way that logisticians like to employ by tabulating assets and entering the resources and running the computations on just what will go from when where and how.

Remember the Cross is not just something to die on but a left/right balance sheet for assets and expenditures.

Sure lots of ‘worthless eaters’ will die in the process and many more will suffer in the process and that’s something we all hate to see when their suffering and dying invades our living rooms and computer screens.

Of course the rest of the time we are completely indifferent to their suffering and do about as much as the Pope does to put an end to it during the best of times when they are still suffering and dying in normally needless ways.

Meanwhile throughout much of the third world even as I type this, lots more of poverty stricken, underemployed and undereducated peoples will be suffering and dying too, just in the manner we most prefer, quietly and without taking up prime time TV slots.

But if transferring the anger and indignation that really ought to be reserved for the person in the mirror makes you feel better somehow about the state of the world we all live in, and makes it easier for you to continue on with your own similar path of inaction and benign indifference to the BILLIONS of people suffering in the world, then by all means let’s bash the Pope.

Might I suggest a Voodoo Doll in the Pope’s effigy, after all what better way to show solidarity with the blighted people of Haiti?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

???!!?

What are you babbling about?

If anything, the US is Southern Baptist, not Catholic.

If you don't like what you see in the mirror, do something about it. I do what I can for those I can reach right here. I've no guilt feelings from a lack of consideration for the poor and helpless: I share freely.

The Vatican could and should cut loose with some of the money they siphoned from the gullible, they can certainly afford it. They could easily sell off some of the gold they stole from the Aztecs, Inca, and other civilizations in Central and south America and give a bit back.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by Carseller4

What's weak is the lack of response by the Vatican and Pope.

All I can say is that if this is part of "God's plan", then he/it is one messed up entity with really cruddy planning skills.

Listening to the radio the other night of a broadcast in the US by some UN mumbo jumbo organization involving all that crap, was a crowd of Haitians who were talking about all this, and it was all interesting up till the host asked "Can people now still claim there is a God, given this?" and I lie not, but every single one of the American accented Haitians who replied claimed that "God would not give us a burden we could not carry" and other similar utter bollocks.

I wondered, if the average person digging up their dead chidl in Haitii felt the same, or is it just those living elsewhere beyond the hell, who think this.

Really... One person even went as far as to say "It is not god testing US in Haiti, but showing others that he is a God of power..."

WELL LAHDY FRIGGEN DA.

People not only use god as a crutch, but minimize these things to the point of complete disassociation in his name.

I mean, Sure, hey everyone you know dies.. That SUCKS - But not if you have god in your heart because then you just go Meh.... and go make a cuppa.

Thank god I dont believe in their god... god save me... for gods sake.. jesus..

Rain falls from the sky, it is wet. That is life. The earth is a ball of mud twisting in on itself, that is life.

When people die, it sucks.. that IS LIFE.

I don't even know where I'm heading anymore, I just hate how religion makes people apathetic to how much life can suck - and it CAN......

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So what is your contribution?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The Vatican has been and will continue very involved in the plight of the Haitians both before and after the earthquake. The difference between Catholics and various other groups is that we do not send out a press release every time we donate. The point of charity is not recognition for your generosity but the aid of a person(s) in need. "But when thou dost alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doth." Matthew 6:3 Douay Rheims Bible.

Last year, my town flooded horribly. Our local Catholic parish was beyond helpful in providing money, supplies, shelter. However, unlike the other churches in the area they did not self promote their aid and received a lashing in the paper. They did end up releasing the amount of aid given, after the unnecessary chastisement, but this is not the way the Catholic Church.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Might I suggest a Voodoo Doll in the Pope’s effigy, after all what better way to show solidarity with the blighted people of Haiti?

So, let me guess. You're another one who thinks that this tragedy is caused because people there practice voodoo. OOOOOH.....(Shiver.)
Go visit Pat Robertson and pay homage at the grave of Jerry Falwell. I'm sure they might agree with you.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So, let me guess. You're another one who thinks that this tragedy is caused because people there practice voodoo. OOOOOH.....(Shiver.)
Go visit Pat Robertson and pay homage at the grave of Jerry Falwell. I'm sure they might agree with you.

Laugh out loud, let me guess you are another one of those overly paranoid posters that loves to guess other poster's motivations without ever first taking the time to read their posting history to push your own emotional agenda?

Kewl!

You must be one of those people who flock to ATS for alternative news and not conspiracies?

If you followed poster's posting habits and the conspiracies you would know my favorite conspiracy is ROME SECRETLY RULES THE WORLD, that I am not religious, that I am an agnostic, and that I live in Miami and have scores of Haitian friends and business associates.

You know where you can stick that Roman thumbs down don't you friend?

top topics

join