It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get used to my smell, I'm staying around!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hello everyone! I've been on ATS since last July and I figured it was high time to formally introduce myself (straightens tie) .My name is Asktheanimals which comes from a bible verse, Job 12: 7 -12 which says "ask the animals and they will teach you". I chose this name as it follows my life philosophy. I believe nature to be our greatest teacher and one that is increasing left unacknowleged by society. We are losing our connection to the planet at a rate that is inverse to the spread of technology. Kids today no longer play in the yard; they are transfixed by their gameboys or pc games. Instead of fresh air and dirt they find delight in digital images and sounds. Poor substitutes if you ask me.
I have no political affiliation and I hold little hope for the current system here in America where bipartisan politics have brought our country to the brink of ruin.
As a parent and grandparent I have deep concerns for the fate of our country. America today is not the same country I grew up in. We have lost much since that time including optimism, ethics and faith in our fellow man.
I am currently disabled which leaves me a great amount of time to do things like surf ATS.
In my former working life I have been engraving guns, knives and jewelry for 25 years. I have also worked in several schools that teach various outdoor skills such as mantracking and survival. I was closely involved in experiments for the US marines scout/sniper school with team tracking tactics and developing principals and materials for camouflage. I have also had the good fortune to sell my artwork in galleries located internationally.
I'm a musician (of sorts) and have played in punk, metal, rock and folk bands.
Right now I'm busy setting up my first recording studio and I can't wait to get busy once all my gear I've ordered comes in! I play guitar, bass and drums and plan on finally learning to read music by learning to play keyboards.
I have 4 fantastic sons and a wife that I adore. My family is the greatest blessing I have; I know they will always be there for me and I will be likewise.
My youngest son is now a college junior so that's all I'm going to say about my age
- yeah, I'm OLD.
What else can I add? I love history, art, music, archeology, paleontology and anything dealing with the bizarre or unknown. Thus my love of ATS.
That's my introduction. I log on here almost every day and am rarely disappointed in not finding something interesting to read about. I've already met a lot of really smart and supportive people here and hope to meet many more.
Thanks for creating such a unique forum! I plan on staying around.
Regards, ATA

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hello...a belated welcome.

I have also worked in several schools that teach various outdoor skills such as mantracking and survival.

SERE school instructor..?

If so, much respect...

Looks like you got it all down from this POV...

Cya on the boards...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Thanks for the welcome.
Sorry, I'm no SERE instuctor but sniper training has it's own set of difficulties; like laying still in 103 degree heat for 7 hours while ants are stinging the heck out of you. fun fun fun!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Right now I'm busy setting up my first recording studio and I can't wait to get busy once all my gear I've ordered comes in!

Nice, Have you been in any bands we may of heard of? It sounds like you've had the good fortune of an adventurous and exciting life

Peace!

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

I do consider myself fortunate to have experienced the things that I have. I can assure you I've done most of it my way, swimming against the current seems to be my nature.

Have I played in bands you've heard of? Doubtful; but here they are: Space Punks, Fester, the Flawells, Bad Monkey theater, Conshafter and Voodoo Fishermen. Conshafter does have 4 cd's out and has gotten radioplay from some college stations. We've played all up and down the east coast in the last 8 years. I no longer play in any bands since I've become disabled.
bummmerz!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Man, I always tell folks, "I don't care what you do as long as I don't have to smell it". Kidding. Welcome aboard. Some cool people here. Have fun.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

A guy goes to the Job Centre to apply for a job, The interviewer asks him, "Have you been in the army?"

"Yes," he says. "I was in Iraq for three tours."

The interviewer says, "That will give you extra points toward employment" and then the interviewer asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"

The guy says, "Yes 100%...a mortar round exploded near me and blew my testicles off."

The interviewer tells the guy, "O.K. I can hire you right now. The hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. You can start tomorrow. Come in at 10:00 A.M."

The guy is puzzled and says, "If the hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. then why do you want me to come in at 10:00 A.M."

"This is a government job" the interviewer says.

"For the first two hours we sit around scratching our balls....no point in you coming in for that"

hope this isn't taken the wrong way

top topics

join