It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Travis Walton Abduction Case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

While I do have some problems with the Travis Walton case, your hypothesis is a highly believable one. Mr Walton did have an unexplained puncture mark on his body, which could of been an IV tube used to keep him nourished by the extraterrestrials. Also, he lost 10 pounds without while his body showed no signs of being malnourished.

This case also shows how not to handle a UFO case, as the investigators did a mediocre job. (Trying to keep the lie detector tests a secret is one of them.)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
A lot has came out about Travis Walton and how he hide out at a friends house during the days he was missing. One of the guys later admitted that they all had tacks in their shoes that they would press down on when asked a question during the lie detector test. Travis was not abducted, it was all done to make money so he could get his logging buisness going.

Just wondering how you got the name....Mr Skeptic?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Travis Walton case is one of my favorites to revisit. I saw the movie as a kid before i knew anything about it. It was sad finding out that the abduction scene in its entirety was holywood fiction.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just a few observations...

Lie detector tests. Not worth the electricity they waste, sorry but that's a plain fact. You know how east it is to beat one? All you have to do is contract your sphincter muscles when replying to the control questions and the results are whatever you want them to be. Yes, it's that easy to fool a polygraph.

Given that, they really aren't worth even considering.

Secondly, as already touched on, the hallucinatory experience. Now this bit does make me chuckle. It's amazing how willing people, who have never done these sort of drugs, are happy to pronounce, with an air of authority, what those who have done them, have been through.

Well here's a quick 101 on Mushrooms and Acid. Hallucinations, gnerally come in two types. Distortion and the full blown "Where the chuff am i", sort.

The distortion ones, are obvious and you know what you are seeing is not what is really there. I have a friend who, when i was tripping turns into Beavis, i mean the guys profile, under the effects of '___' changes. His jaw and nose become slightly prolonged . Funny thing is i never knew how to describe him till the Beavis and Butthead cartoon were made.

Another common distortion is to see light switches glow, ie you know there's electricity flowing through the switch so your brain seems to suggest, "Hey lets see it as well". Believe me, as whacked out as you might be, you know damn well that you are just "seeing things".

The we have the *classic*. "i saw lots of insects they were everywhere" There's a boring simple explanation for this. Hallucinogens tend to expand the area of the ye's lens that is open. That is, your peripheral vision is expanded past that you normally use. If it's dark, naturally, the area around the edge of your vision is usually in shadow. What happens is you start to notice the floaters, that everyone has in their eyes; aqueous fluid. The brain, which always seeks to make common sense from shapes, more often than not says. "Its black, it's small it's moving, seemingly, rather quick. It's an insect". Hey presto, you see an insect not simply a floater in your eye.

The full blown hallucination, is a place many who have taken these sort of drugs, just don't go, if they hit many people just block them and often these are what people mean as *I had a bad trip*. Now whilst i sympathise and will do what i can to help someone in this situation, oh and orange juice has no effect whatsoever, so don't bother. it is really a situation that one can only say. Look if you don;t wan;t the full blown thing, don;t do Acid or Mushrooms. Sooner or later, they will take you there whether you want to go or not. Truth is any shaman will tell you this,. it's no use blaming the drugs for simply doing what they advertise on the wrapper, so to speak.

So Travis Walton?

To my mind it is a real classic for these reasons. In the history of Ufology there have been several cases where you think, at the outset, as the witness. It's slam dunk, it can't be explained any other way, Surely this is proof, of some sort, surely people must see there is something real to this phenomenon?

So with Travis, you have this blindingly good account and what seems, mucho physical evidence to back it up. Only, didn't Travis have a comic book in the truck, he'd been reading, that was about aliens visiting our planet?. Classic really, see if Travis had nicked the ashtray from that space ship he claims he was on. That fact alone would damn him with a huge swathe of those who don;t believe this sort of stuff ever happens.

So , if you have a government that doesn't really want to fess up over the whole shebang and a, possibly, outside intelligence that , likewise, doesn't want its' presence here 100% confirmed you are looking at, banging your head against a wall, pretty much, all the time.

The government isn't going to help, cos they don;t have any sort of control over this phenomenon and governments just don't ever admit stuff like that, It's simple human nature, people who want to be politicians and generals enjoy being in control. They are not going to admit in public, something is out of their control.

You know sometimes, we might have to accept, we are the just maybe, the butt of a big joke on behalf of these intelligences. It could be that, whoever did what they did to Travis, had been studying something in that area, totally unseen by that crew. They knew Travis was reading those comics and thought, Let's have a laugh, this will scare the monkeys and make them think. They didn't expect Travis to get so close up and personal and his *abduction* was as someone has mooted, maybe to actually save his life or health. I suspect his whole experience on board is a screen memory, I doubt Travis will ever really know what, actually happened to him.

If Travis had taken hallucinogens, I am pretty sure the first thing he would have thought was, "Err this is some freaky hallucination@; and actively tested it, by trying to touch things to see if they morphed in shape or were solid to the touch.

See, the part about Travis' story that says to me he's not bsing is this. Humans like narratives, we like closure and weird as it may seem, hallucinations, follow this pattern, They have a narrative thread usually with a conclusion. Maybe that's why it called "taking a trip"? In the Travis case, there is nothing like this, past the moment he was , supposedly, taken on board the craft. From the interviews I've sen with Travis, i suspect, could be wrong, this a guy who would have truly fascinated by the experience and sough to assimilate it mentally, not block it out and file it under. "That's Way too freaky, let's pretend that never happened in my conscious mind".

The impression i have from Travis is this. If he had just hallucinated it all, it wouldn't have worried him at all. I sense he'd have remembered it all, clearly, and for years after, regaled those willing to listen with his tale and end it with the classic "Weird eh?" In short, he could have "dined" out on that simple "trip"without all the hassle he brought down on himself.

However, if he did do acid etc a fair bit it would have totally freaked him out not to remember what had happened. it might have been so weird he felt he couldn't tell others about it. However, to not remember at all, that is damned strange.

Conclusion in next post

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Continued

For that reason, i think he might just be telling the truth about the experience, as far has he knows and is allowed to know what happened.

Remember this, by and large, people who do drugs like acid have a far higher "weird threshold", than those who don't. It takes a lot more to make them think, "Now that is really weird"... Not only that, those who have taken acid/mushrooms are far less likely to trust their senses so implicitly as those who haven't. That might sound like a paradox, but it happens to be often the case.

Think on this. if you have never done anything in your life that has led you to question what your brain it telling you you are seeing, if something weird happens you aren't about to start if you see weird lights in the sky. I've seen this in action. Where a group of people have seen something unusual. Those totally "straight" just stood there gawping and pointing going what's that. The guy on acid calmly went, fetched his camera and took a clear picture of the object because, he was the only one thinking. "Damn if that's real, i wanna know when i come down."...

[edit on 11-4-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
IMO, the Travis Walton abduction case is one of the most interesting alien abduction cases in history. What makes the case especially interesting is the fact that all seven witnesses passed lie detector tests. IMO, Travis Walton probably was abducted by aliens.

Another possibility is that Travis and his crew stumbled upon a secret military aircraft. Military personnel may have tranquilized Travis for coming too close to the aircraft. Then they may have took him into custody, drugged him so he wouldn't remember the incident correctly, and returned him back to civilization. But this is just a theory.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
1. Travis Walton and his brother were interested in UFOs before the incident.

2. "The UFO Incident" TV movie about Betty and Barney Hill aired a few weeks before to huge ratings on NBC.

3. Travis Walton made $5000 from the National Enquirer, wrote two books and had a movie deal out of the abduction ordeal. Not bad money for someone who claims to not have profited from it.

4. Travis Walton's mother refused to let anyone search her house while Travis was "missing".

5. The failed lie detector test was covered up. (I do not care if it was passed or not, but covering up results is not a good way to research an incident. I am upset over the cover-up itself, not the results.)

These are at least five things that can be pointed to by many who claim the story is a hoax. That is why it is not the strongest case to make for an extraterrestrial abduction.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
1. Travis Walton and his brother were interested in UFOs before the incident.

2. "The UFO Incident" TV movie about Betty and Barney Hill aired a few weeks before to huge ratings on NBC.

3. Travis Walton made $5000 from the National Enquirer, wrote two books and had a movie deal out of the abduction ordeal. Not bad money for someone who claims to not have profited from it.

4. Travis Walton's mother refused to let anyone search her house while Travis was "missing".

5. The failed lie detector test was covered up. (I do not care if it was passed or not, but covering up results is not a good way to research an incident. I am upset over the cover-up itself, not the results.)

These are at least five things that can be pointed to by many who claim the story is a hoax. That is why it is not the strongest case to make for an extraterrestrial abduction.

If any of those things you posted are even true (link?), they are not even close to being enough to "debunk" the abduction story. Probably, the only other likely scenario was that the military was somehow involved in Travis's disappearance. However, ETs are a possibility too.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

If any of those things you posted are even true (link?), they are not even close to being enough to "debunk" the abduction story. Probably, the only other likely scenario was that the military was somehow involved in Travis's disappearance. However, ETs are a possibility too.

Check out the Pasacgoula Incident. NICAP link. Much stronger case. Kidflash is quite a believer...and if the Walton Case isn't good enough for him, it's worth noting.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

I read the book by Travis Walton and he states in it that he made the money from the National Enquirer, and also talks about the movie (he was on the set). That was his second book that he wrote to take potshots at the debunkers of his story. While I agree many of their cases against him are weak, I thought it was a bit childish of him to use up much of his book on them. They are not worth it.

I have stated many times that I am on the fence with this case. I do think it is a big possibility that it actually happened. However, when it comes to research, there are too many problems that are brought up. I just brought up some main points to show that it is not a strong case when people want to show there have been abductions.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Viper2

I just brought up some main points to show that it is not a strong case when people want to show there have been abductions.

The only people who would think it is not a strong case are the stubborn and close-minded. It is the most popular alien abduction case in history for a reason. But of course skeptics won't believe anything ET related, so for them any ET story is weak.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

I am not stubborn or close minded. Right now I am on the post that states Roswell was not an extraterrestrial craft. I am arguing and showing the evidence to state the case that it was an extraterrestrial craft.

There are many people who believe Travis Walton was abducted by an alien. They have every right to do so. However, the case itself has many problems with it. At the actual site where the abduction took place, there is no physical evidence of any kind (burned pine needles etc). Also the five items I posted show many other flaws with this case.

Please do not call people who take a case and look at it piece by piece close minded. Part of the objective of ufology is to get the best cases out there and answer all the questions about it. It is also part of the job to ask tough questions too. Many may not like to hear about the possibility of this case not being the real deal, but until all the questions are answered, they must be asked.

The case brought up about the Pascagoula Mississippi abduction is an example of a better case. One reason that is true is because the two persons involved in the incident were sitting in the sheriff's office. They did not know they were being tape recorded and talked about what happened when the deputies went out for a bit. It also helps that a recent witness (retired military) came out and saw an object near where the incident took place.

I also think the Hill case is the real deal. I guess no one wants to hear their favorite cases criticized. When I do, I bring up the facts that I believe show there is a good case, just like in the Roswell thread. I did get a little snarky I admit, but I did not only resort to name calling. I put up some facts to support my claims.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Travis Walton saw three types of ship on the base.
Anyone recall that part.
I have not seen that part in print in quite a while.
ED:

Afterwards, he wandered through the ship, encountering a mysterious planetarium-like room, before meeting a human wearing a strange helmet. The human led him out of the ship into a large hangar full of other disc-like ships of varying sizes.There he encountered yet more humans who seemed friendly but did not respond to his questions. One of the humans raised a mask to his face which almost immediately rendered him unconscious. When he awoke, he was lying in the countryside, watching the saucer speed away into the night.

Yeah he saw a bunch of humans at the base and realizing he was
ok drugged him and sent him back home.
Some alien abduction.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We interviewed Travis a couple weeks ago, and it's airing right now at www.paratopia.net

[edit on 30-7-2010 by jritzmann]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Does the site only work with Internet Explorer or something?
I tried it with Firefox version 3.6.6 and when I click the play button the file starts downloading (I can see it using bandwidth on my bandwidth meter), and it changes to a pause button, but it it doesn't play.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8508b5e02af2.png[/atsimg]

I thought maybe it was just taking some time to download so I left it that way and came back 4 hours later and it had moved from 0:00 to 1:01 so it had played a minute's worth in 4 hours but I never heard it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a31380d2026b.png[/atsimg]

It would be interesting to hear what he says But I don't know how to secure Internet Explorer (I don't know if it CAN be secured) so that's why I don't use it. If there's some setting I need to change in Firefox to play it, any idea what that might be? It looks like it should play, but just doesn't.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Just listened to the interview with Travis, good show as usual Jeff, sure would like to be able to download the shows like before...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yes that was nice.

I never had any trouble downloading the shows when we could do that.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Travis Walton - UFO Encounters (UK) Was a young lumberjack really abducted by space aliens on his way home from work? Or was it all an elaborate ruse to make money? www.ufoencounters.co.uk/travis-walton.html - Cached - Similar

listing in google

He got briefed for sure.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

You can. Either go to iTunes or subscribe to RSS feed.

As far as someone asking if it only worked in IE onsite, no. I use firefox and chrome, and Safari on my mac at home...all work fine.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the tip, I was able to find the episode for download and what looks like another conspiracy there!

I went to the file:
Paratopia 76: Travis Walton
Friday, July 30, 2010 12:00 AM

I clicked on the file:
9987.mp3 to download it and are you ready for this? (queue the twilight zone music...)

The file that came up for download was called 10570.mp3

So who renamed the file? Aliens? Gremlins? Maybe we'll find out in a future episode of Paratopia

Anyway I just started playing the interview, it's the right file, so I'm not sure what happened to the filenames.

Cheers,

Arby

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join