It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special status will halt deportations of Haitians from U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
14 January 2010

Lawwmakers and immigration groups are calling on the Obama administration to grant Haitians in the USA, including those here illegally, a special temporary legal status that would protect them from deportation and allow them to take jobs.
That would be a step beyond what the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has announced: a halt in deportations "for the time being." About 30,000 Haitians now in the USA had been ordered deported.

The DHS can grant Temporary Protected Status (TPS) to people from countries experiencing civil war, natural disaster or some other catastrophe.

Immigrants from El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Somalia and Sudan have the status.

www.usatoday.com...

This is good idea, there would be no point for sometime to come, agree or not this is the humanitarian thing to do.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think we should wait to hear what Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh have to say on the issue before taking any drastic steps. Since Obama is likely the antichrist, or at least lots of people keep bringing it up, making it probable; and Pat Robertson has pointed out that the Haitians are devil worshipers, is it unreasonable that this might be a ploy by Obama and his minions to swell the ranks of his dark army?

I just don't want our fair god blessed country to make any mistakes by helping people that shouldn't be helped.

Best,
Skunknuts

P.S.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

If anyone should be deported it is these two, Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh, but certainly not to Haiti, I wouldn't wish any country to have them, so what to do.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think they will get their legal status.

IMO, Obama and lawmakers would get some real negative publicity if they don't give legal status.

Just think of how many years it will take to rebuild Haiti.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Just think of how many years it will take to rebuild Haiti.

Not our problem.

We already have enough people living at the expense of taxpayers, the last thing we need is an additional 30,000.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I agree. 30K Haitians? I mean come on people! Our country is friggin on the brink of economic collapse. We will be Haiti in a generation just watch.

It's terrible what happened to Haiti but when your population goes from 250K in 1957 to 9 million in 2010 on a tiny little island what the hell do you expect.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

It's terrible what happened to Haiti but when your population goes from 250K in 1957 to 9 million in 2010 on a tiny little island what the hell do you expect.

interesting point.

What do you think is the idea population size for Haiti?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by brainwrek

Port Au Prince was designed for 250K people, the country has had a huge population long before 1957, the city has gone from 250K to millions..

new topics

top topics

join