It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um, why is the Pope kissing the Qur'an?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Why oh why is the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church kissing the Qur'an? Isn't that blasphemy?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

Why oh why is the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church kissing the Qur'an? Isn't that blasphemy?

The last Pope "Pope John Paul 2" kissed the Quran. He also angered many of his followers. Pope John Paul the 2nd did earn a lot of respect from the Muslim world after his actions.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

No, no, no....

He is spitting on it...and anyways, look what he did with it after that!!

See- he's not so bad...

That's deeply offensive. What are you trying to do here?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He's giving respect to another mans beliefs. That type of behavior is the path to world peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I don't recall the Bible saying anything about kissing another book. Seems Jesus was all about tolerance and not judging others and so I would think Christians would want to do that. Turn the other cheek and respect and love each other no matter the differences.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
He's giving respect to another mans beliefs. That type of behavior is the path to world peace.

Agreed.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Perhaps it's the "scratch 'n' sniff" version

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
He as done other questionable things too here is a link

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
He's just giving a sign of respect to Islam.

Jesus said: "Treat others as you would want them to treat you".

Would the pope want the Muslim's to spit on/burn/destroy the bible?

Besides, if you were to look into a little bit more about what the Qur'ran is all about, you would see that it is very similar to the bible. Many of the same stories; even Jesus is in the Qur'ran (he is not divine however).

Actions like these is how people make friends, not enemies.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

He as done other questionable things too here is a link

So meeting with other religious leaders is questionable? What do you think he should view other religions and their leaders as some subhuman scum not worthy of meeting with? People are people. There is nothing wrong with seeking peaceful relationships between peoples of different faiths. To not allow them to bless him in their way (call it a PAGAN ritual if you want) would be disrespectful and intolerant and engaging in such peaceful rituals does not have to compromise his faith or constitute blasphemy. I once sat in on a Muslim prayer in a Mosque does that mean I have betrayed any other beliefs I have? Honestly I don't know what your problem with the Pope doing these things is.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well said friend!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
He's just giving a sign of respect to Islam.

Jesus said: "Treat others as you would want them to treat you".

Would the pope want the Muslim's to spit on/burn/destroy the bible?

Besides, if you were to look into a little bit more about what the Qur'ran is all about, you would see that it is very similar to the bible. Many of the same stories; even Jesus is in the Qur'ran (he is not divine however).

Actions like these is how people make friends, not enemies.

I've read the Qur'an and am re-reading it. I'm even thinking about converting to Islam, still not sure though.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Pontificus Maximus is Rome’s High Priest and the Vicar of Christ, G-d’s legal representative on Earth as established by treaties between sovereign nations.

Rome has ruled those lands and people for thousands of years. As Rome’s High Priest and G-d’s legal representative he has an obligation to be respectful to all religions and Holy Men.

It’s all in the contract, read the fine print!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Pretty sure he's reading the "fine print".

Second line: Maybe?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that it is the goal of many to merge and meld many of the religions of the world into one religion .

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Maybe he just picked up the wrong book he is pretty old. But at the end of the day does it really matter anyways it is the same message just recycled a different way.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
OK Im going to say what I believe in accordance to the bible...Yes I know I will probably take some heat for it But here goes..
The INSTITUTE of the Catholic Church is the "spirit of AntiChrist"..I DID NOT say the pope was the AntiChrist. And Im not talking about the honest people who IMO blindly follow after it..But I will try to lay out my case as best I can .
1. The AntiCHrit will come speaking Blasphemies..One is John 10 says it is blasphemy to claim to be equal to GOD ( except for Jesus to those of us who believe) The Catholic Church is FULL of FALSE WRITINGS claiming the Pope is GOD..
"The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God. and the vicar of God." -Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary
"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous"."We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty" ...Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894
AND WAY to many to post here (SEE link below)
2. The NT is full of scriptures on HoW TO PRAY. TO THE FATHER IN THE NAME OF JESUS...NOWHERE IN THE NT does it say
to pray to MARY....book of John chapters 14,15,16 Also the Lord's prayer is an obvious one...OUR FATHER who aRT IN HEAVEN...
3. Mary the mother of Jesus has been declared BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH as the QUEEN OF HEAVEN...this is IMO so bizarre..In the OT the queen of heaven was ISHTAR Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, the fathers kindle fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven.
And they pour out drink offerings to other gods, to provoke me to anger.
also Jeremiah 44:15-25
I would HIGHLY recommend reading this website for a comparative analysis of MARY and BIBLE scripture..very detailed
examination of Mary worship that I cant fit here.

angelawho.wordpress.com...

There are Catholic bibles that have REPLACED the scriptures that speak of Jesus with Mary's name...such as No one comes unto the Father but by (Mary) should be ME (Jesus) This study of Mary Worship is sooo vast please see links for further info.
4. The AntiChrist also changes God's appointed times and laws... It was Constantine who FORBID the christians to observe the
Jewish feast days ( God declared these HIS HOLY DAYS and said He would come and sup with us) because the Jews were in
defiance of the ROman Empire at the time. Also the Sabbath was changed to Sunday since Constantine WAS A SUN GOD
WORSHIPPER TILL THE DAY HE DIED. This can be confirmed in his symbols, coins, writings, ect ( strangely he did believe in Jesus
I understand) ALSO, He substituted Easter for Passover ( direct defiance of God's word) and Christmas for Hannaka (which is NOT
a biblical feast but a historical one)
There is so much more but I think this gets my point across.. Im NOT trying to cause desention with this post BUT the
bible says to STUDY to SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED. I think people are buying into a lie without holding those lies up against
what the word actually says...I found a couple links I will post...I can NOT say I agree totally with what is written
because I have not read them thoroughly but I think there is some very important info to be found here.
www.yahweh.com...
www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I am of the opinion that it is the goal of many to merge and meld many of the religions of the world into one religion .

Out of the responses thus far, Max TO, you win the BIG PRIZE!

Yes, you've seen the False Prophet, who'll be the introductor of the Antichirst for what it is.

Recall, in the past, Pope John Paul had an assembly of a majority of all religious leaders and even partook in a Photo Op, all on the basis of building relations between diverse and differing Religions from around the world.

Pope Bene, is following that same doctrine of the Holy Roman Church, and it's premise of uniting the peoples under a single religion, which of course, his buddy will lead during the Tribulation Period.

And this buddy, who will become the Antichirst, will be doing and acting like Jesus would, because anti doesn't imply against, but instead of. He will embrace this false prophet and his collective of Global Religions and take over the role of god, standing where he ought not, as Daniel spoke to.

So do not be alarmed that Bene is kissing a Muslim Holy Book. It is expected and according to the script, and just the next step in preparing
the world for the One World Government to come.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

100% TRUTH

Peace on Earth begins with MAN. I am a Christian and I respect the Qur'an just as I respect the Bible.

LifENcircleS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join