It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danger Close: Change the Way We Change Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSers, and welcome to this thread.

To start things off, I would like to say that the following is merely opinion based on past events in the political field, past threads on ATS, past posts by fellow ATSers, and the opinions, accusations, and debates by ATSers and intellectual types like Alex Jones, Naomi Wolf, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, and others of that sort. This is not a rant of any sorts like many may believe at first glance.

Now onto the topic at hand.

Before I signed up here several months ago, I turned a blind eye to things like conspiracies and anything like fear-mongering through MSM and other outlets; I simply didn't care about what was going on behind the scenes so long as I got mine, which is the case for many people nowadays. Feed me and give me a home and I am a happy guy, a simple life is the life for me. I don't want to think about how my liberties are being taken from me, or how my food is being made, or how I will be working for multi-national corporations for the rest of my life. I didn't want to live life with extra baggage such as knowledge of something that I cannot change, knowledge that would hinder my ability to live a simple life.

Now that I have been around ATS for a bit, I still am the same way. I want to live a simple life, away from all of the many hours of researching possible conspiracies that my government is committing, wasting my youth on slaving over paranoia when I could be wasting it like a normal young male, relaxing in front of my flat screen HDTV, playing my PS3 with some online buddies. Although I still am the same deep down, there are some things that have changed.

I know pay attention more to the less-than-obvious details of politics. I hate the MSM, and I am starting to have second thoughts about how 'great' the United States is. I am starting to see the indoctrination attempts by public schools and how corporations actually run this country. I am starting to study past civilizations, past governments, past administrations and connecting them to the now. I am starting to listen to people more about politics, when before I avoided the subject altogether.

However, there is one thing that will never change when it comes to this topic. I do, have, and always will hate extremists, on either side of the field. I loathe excessive patriotism, and I hate those who find a conspiracy in everything, linking things that have no business being together just for the sake of making a connection to something. Look, if you need a specific puzzle piece, you cannot take another one, cut the edges until it looks like it fits. It doesn't work that way.

I hate when people say that the MSM is fear-mongering, the US Government is fear-mongering, all the while they are doing the same thing in the same way: information. Information is a dangerous tool that yes, the US Government uses to their advantage, and so do people claiming that they do. Fear is also a dangerous tool that is used all the time.

Now onto my point. I respect when people go against the norm and question things. I like when new things present themselves although I am not willing to change for them. I admire the passion that people show when their lives and well-being are threatened.

Then again, I also hate it. I hate it when people do those things, but only when they do it in such a way that they are no better than the 'fear-mongering MSM.' Take Alex Jones, for example. In 1999, he used his radio show to propel fear into the public about Y2K, saying that nuclear facilities were melting down and the Russians had invaded. People here love Alex Jones, but those same people talk about how the US Government and Pharma corps are locking down the world through fear.

Another example would be Bill O'Reilly. He is very much an extremist. He is pro-patriotism to the fullest and condemns anyone who goes against his beliefs. Sure, he has every right to not like what people say as you and I do, but he takes it too far with denouncing their ideas while praising the 1st Amendment at the same time.

Glen Beck, Nancy Grace, Rush Limbaugh, these people and others are the exact same way when it comes to the opposition. Such immaturity is insufferable and makes me not listen to a word that they say.

Now when someone takes the time to listen to others, research things, and present their ideas in a passionate yet calm manner, I will listen to them. Other people will listen to them, and the number of people that think that they are complete nuts will decrease because people do not like crazies.

An example of this type of person would be Naomi Wolf. She did an amazing job with the movie "The End of America." She let people know how the US Government is following the how-to-be-a-dictator handbook like Hitler and Stalin did, as well as other leaders deemed evil by the US Government, and other Western powers. She spoke of the 10 steps that these leaders have taken to take control of everything and close an open society, to take your rights away. She made it clear that we Americans are free to vote for leaders and representatives, but we do not live free for we live in fear. We are being watched and controlled.

Now if someone like Limbaugh or Beck said that, I wouldn't have listened.

People here talk about these temperamental issues with a lot of passion and emotion where facts are meant to be placed, as well as a calm demeanor, and what happens? They get ignored. I admit to ignoring these people, and I will continue to do so as long as they are going to act like nuts.

My advise to you, my fellow ATSers, if you really wish for people to listen, for things to change, be calm about what you say, respect what others say, and present your counterarguments in a polite and respectful way. Respect is key for people to respect what you have to say, and until you do that, you cannot get the wheel moving.

If you do not change your ways and not let emotion cloud your judgment, forcing you to be animalistic with your posts, denouncing others and entrenching yourself without having an open mind. Who knows, if you are respectful and listen, you may hear someone like Naomi and change your mind as I have.

Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing your time with me.
Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In a perfect world, all you say is true. If the powers that be played it straight with us, told the truth, werent criminals, warmongers, etc., perhaps we could believe more of what we hear.
But you have to admit that it isnt so. We are left to figure out things that dont quite make sense (the origin of conspiracies), and form our own opinion, be they right or wrong.

The US is a breeding ground for conspiracies...every day. I cant honestly watch a shooting on tv and believe it was "real"

The fault lies within our government and all governments.

Also, for many radio and tv personalities its a "business"... blab blab blab..
keeping ratings up and people who follow them reacting to their every word.

C'est la vie mon ami. It is as it is. AT least we have a choice as to who we listen to...that may change.

Its depressing as heck around (my cell phone just rang and it was a Jamaican saying he wanted me to go down there and go to beach and make him happy :duh
anyway, i was saying its depressing, all this news and debates can be overwhelming, i just lay off for awhile. I've lost my train of thought with that call....

Oh well, i think you get how i feel.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, that is true, how the US Government cannot be trusted, nor can any government. I don't trust many people with power because they would do anything to keep that power, whether it be to cheat or allow others to cheat.

I do not go as far as to think that everything on the news is a conspiracy, or a way to control, but I must admit that most is just corporate BS. The personalities on the MSM networks are all fake, payed to read from a prompter that tells them to act the way that they do. Still, people like Limbaugh, where it is live action and they do not read from a prompter, and they start scrutinizing people or groups of people just because they think differently.

People need to learn to respect others if they want things to change for the better. If the USFG wont do it, We The People must do it. As long as we do, we are all the stronger for doing so. Collaboration is key in a world where we are being torn apart, and kept apart. A little common courtesy, even on ATS, can go a long way and may send the better message rather than the way we act toward each other now.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can appreciate your peaceful message.

Many blessings to you.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have to wonder why you hate the Glen beck is he not saying the exact same thing as you? I see no differance between what he says and what you say?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

www.youtube.com...

This is why I don't like him.
If he would have kept his composure, I would respect him. If he didn't patronize this woman, he would have my respect and he wouldn't have been included in my OP.

The woman that went back and forth with him is at fault too, and this is what I am talking about. Respect and common courtesy in a debate makes a healthy debate. You don't need to yell at people, cuss, or tell them to get off your radio show for opposing you.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have to agree with you I also have issues with him but he does speak alot of the same truth I have in my heart but I hate the games he plays I wish he would understand that history will look back on him and if he does not change the history will not be kind for him.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am surprised hardly anyone finds this to be worth talking about.
I think it is

join