It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone being looked at funny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This story was given to me by a friend,

"They sense somehow that I am different as I approach. I do not know them, yet they seem afraid. Sometimes in the past they would call for me to join them. Not so much anymore.

They will sometimes yell, and force me away, or they will cross the street to avoid me. They make signs behind my back after I have passed.
They treat me as if I am cursed. And it seems it will never end.

And the whole time I have never uttered a bad word against them."

Signed,
The Black Cat

[edit on 14-1-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

After about my 2nd hour on ATS

My wife gives me Funny looks.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sometimes people aren't worth the hassle.
I've had this happen to me a few years ago at school, but since I dunno the age in question I can't fully relate.
I got some nasty stuff spread about me which wasn't true, and my best friends just stopped speaking to me for no reason.
I hadn't said anything bad about 'em either. But they said I had 'changed' too.

Plus old people cringe and avoid me in the streets.
But to be honest, they do that to anyone under 25 these days

Could you make your post a little clearer so we know who you're talking about, for example, who is crossing over the street and treating you as if you're cursed and what exactly is happening. It'd let us try to help a little more. At the moment I really don't have a clue what you're talking about...

It all sounds a bit story-like at the moment.

Oh and Sean...
I lol'd

[edit on 14/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Let me clarify the story was given to me by my old black cat...
Milton

[edit on 14-1-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
ha ha. I didn't notice the signature right away. I was going to ask you if you ever tried Beano or adjusting your diet!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Dude if your cat is starting to pass this info on to it is time to take a deep breath and step away from the kboard!!! Nonetheless interesting perspective.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

What made it worse was he looked pissed tellin it..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
When people give me looks I either ignore them or stare back at them, depending on the "vibe" I get from them...

The funniest looks I get from people are when I'm bursting with energy to the point of almost being emotionally involved with my environment and surroundings, when I go out and I feel as though I can take on anything that comes to me. It's like most people are used to seeing others as tired and apathetic, not full of life. At least that's what I'd like to think, and that's how most other people in public seem to me (apathetic, 'not all there'). At any rate they can look at me all they want, and if they have a problem, they can say something to me, but unless they give me a damn good reason, I won't change anything.

Everybody probably gets looks but they just don't notice it as much unless they are actually paying good attention to their surroundings and the people around them in public. I didn't really start noticing it until I started meditating.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder
reply to post by drift393

What made it worse was he looked pissed tellin it..

I love it!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thank you all for your comments. Khan (my cat's name) has a personality all his own, and even a few friends pause when he passes in front of them. It really is funny, this was just a poke at superstition and how silly some of them are...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yeah. And I got those looks a lot more right after I cut my hair.
Whatever though. I think some people just don't like to see other people being happy. "Why's he happy. Look at me, I'm driving in a f***ing porshe and this guys on a piece of **** bike. how dare he be smiling?"

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yeah, mine too!

Weird..aren't they!

She's just about perfected the rolling eyes expression whenever i show her something i've 'found' in GE or GM or old moon images etc..

Ah well...philistines.

Seriously though, i have lived in the town i'm in now for about 7 or 8 years..and since moving here (large town) both my wife and i have regularly noticed that people tend to generally look at us weirdly...i know that sounds vague, but it's hard to describe.

I didn't really notice for around a year or so, but when i did notice i saw it everywhere, so too does my wife.

It's really weird. It's gotten so, i try to ignore it so i don't get freaked out by it, but i can see people actually turning their heads to look at us as we pass by, or drive by...like they are seeing something for the first time..you know?

I don't know how to explain it. There's nothing out of the ordinary about the way i or my wife looks or acts. We are not 'supermodels' or 'mingers', just ordinary looking people, wearing ordinary looking clothes, car etc. OK, we have stunningly beautiful kids, but don't we all?

[edit on 21/2/2010 by spikey]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
People do tend to be afraid of me as soon as they see me. Though the trench coat, skull rings, and nearly bald head might be a factor there.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

This thread is funny.

You just look weird. Haha. Don't worry we all get it sometimes.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's a great OP, and very silly how people misunderstood the thread and started talking about themselves. I lol'd a few times.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
it hink i get what your talkin about.
i get/got the same things somone else said.

its weird, cuz i just look like a plain hippie.

in school, kids would mess with me and make fun of me, for litterally no reason, it started from maybe 2nd grade up.
id just be picked on and pushed around and ganged up on.
it happened all the way throughout highschool till i dropped out.
it didnt happen so much in high school though. it only happened on occasion then.
but then now when im walking through the store or down the street.
ill see older people usually giving me weird looks.
or staring at me as if they were judging me(i somwhat resemble a stereotypical pothead, but not exactly)
i usually just stare back at them. maybe smile and wave. lol.
sometimes ill make a funny face just to mess with them.

sorry for rambling. haha.
the point is, it made me stronger and learn to not really care what other people think/say. or do.

idk if thats the point of this post. but thats how it came off to me. lol
sorry if its not

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
it hink i get what your talkin about.
i get/got the same things somone else said.

its weird, cuz i just look like a plain hippie.

in school, kids would mess with me and make fun of me, for litterally no reason, it started from maybe 2nd grade up.
id just be picked on and pushed around and ganged up on.
it happened all the way throughout highschool till i dropped out.
it didnt happen so much in high school though. it only happened on occasion then.
but then now when im walking through the store or down the street.
ill see older people usually giving me weird looks.
or staring at me as if they were judging me(i somwhat resemble a stereotypical pothead, but not exactly)
i usually just stare back at them. maybe smile and wave. lol.
sometimes ill make a funny face just to mess with them.

sorry for rambling. haha.
the point is, it made me stronger and learn to not really care what other people think/say. or do.

idk if thats the point of this post. but thats how it came off to me. lol
sorry if its not

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
People are just materialistic jerks anyway who smirk or go out of their way to annoy the hell out of you you simply to self-satisfy their egotistical power-trips.
Its when they cry for help I only laugh back, the rest of the time I just pity their small-minded ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
White cats are the ones who get looked at funny. My neighbor killed all my white cats with a BB gun. Now all I have are black ones. The neighbor is just old enough to go fight in a war. I hope he goes soon. He would make a good sniper and a better sniper target.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

WHAT!?!?

I have no idea what you're talking about, did your neighbor really kill your cats!?

top topics

join