It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an anchovy addiction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The problem has gotten worse over the past couple years. Something about those little critters I just can't get enough of.

Here's to high blood pressure.

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Woah!!

I'll be back when the air clears a bit..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I know this is a code. Doc likes to order pizzas with extra anchovies.

Busted.

img.movieberry.com...

I just saw that movie again recently now it's fresh in my mind.

Either that or you're pregnant. Weird cravings and all that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Either that or you're pregnant. Weird cravings and all that.

That's exactly what my g/f says to me.

I always order anchovies on one-half of the pizza we order out. Damn pizza places always skimp out on the anchovies! I have to pop open a tin or two and load down my slices with anchovies until every square inch is covered.

If you've never tried anchovies on vanilla ice cream, you don't know what you're missing.

Edit: No Loverboy code, this is a serious problem.

Peace

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Doc don't let the haters hurt your feeling with their pointy words ...

I for one commend you for coming forward with this under-documented, over-stigmatised, and salty addiction.

Anchovies are indeed morish, as are sardines, and herring ... also akvavit.

I expect you'll get a lot of flack from anchovists with an anti-angraulidae agenda, and there are many!

You sir are normal.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

If you've never tried anchovies on vanilla ice cream, you don't know what you're missing.

I think I have a good idea of what I'm missing.

Yikes!

I'm more of a jalapeno and pineapple pizza person. A mix of sweet and spicy, sans fishies.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Okay, serious problem. You may have a mineral deficiency. That can cause some cravings. I wouldn't go as far as calling it pica, which is commonly (but not always) related to a craving for eating something not generally considered to be food, but then you're the doctor.

No kidding, it could be symptomatic of an iron or mineral deficiency. You might want to look into that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I'm not sure I have that problem, I don't eat or crave feces or dirt thank you very much.

Preace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I see. Apparently another symptom is diminished cognitive ability. You're further along than I'd feared.

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Fascinating stuff (from your link):

an abnormal appetite for some things that may be considered foods, such as food ingredients (e.g., flour, raw potato, raw rice, starch, ice cubes, salt).

Pica is seen in all ages, particularly in pregnant women...

When pregnant, I'd eat salt right out of the container at around the 2 month mark to the point my tongue would blister. Horrible story but I had some crazy cravings stemming from vitamin deficiencies. I drove my poor husband crazy. Tomatoes was another weird one. We had to buy them by the produce box I went through so many. lol

top topics

join