It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bucks in the Bronx for anyone near a Walmart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The Bronx is expanding its successful gun buyback program to include -- for the first time in the city -- BB and air guns, officials announced yesterday.

Although not normally lethal, BB and air guns sometimes are used by criminals to scare victims into thinking the weapons are conventional, deadly handguns.

People who surrender such weapons Jan. 23 at several churches in The Bronx will be given a $50 gift or cash card for each BB gun turned in, up to a $150 cap.

The churches will also accept regular guns.

BB guns retail for between $40 and $60.

Source

Awesome. A $50 BB gun sold for $100. That's 100% return!!!!! Can't beat that.

Granted, the article does say "up to" $150 but how many trust politicians/city officials/community leaders to be wise with money?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wish that was going on over the pond, I'd be round the sport shop buying all the BB gun's

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whew! Just in time too! Those daisy red riders post a true menace to society at large. No doubt a mexican drug cartel would be happy to be thus armed. At least the bronx will be safe!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Explanation: IMO [I can't access your link. my bad not the links] the $150 cap might just refer to the maximum you'll get for handing in multiple air/BB guns with each gun at $50 a pop!

Personal Disclosure: If they are paying way over 100% of the original purchase price then that really is something and on more levels than just the financial incentive. Methinks with bait that enticing that its a TRAP of somekind!

Edited for gramma.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ive worked in the Bronx.I laugh at the thought of all the people with guns showing up and sticking up the churchs for the buy back bucks.

new topics

top topics

join