It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb/Ufo Activity Over My House / Central Ca

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Living near an air force base I always thought it would be pretty unlikely for me to ever witness a UFO. I mean, doesn't the Gov. shoot them down ??

Every night I go out into the backyard a few times to have a smoke, I usually watch the skies the whole time I'm outside and catch nothing.

These last couple of months I've seen what appears to be Orb's streaking across the sky. When I say streaking, .. I mean faster than imaginable, ... maybe a second or two and it's out of sight.

When I mentioned these to a friend, he told me they were probably just shooting stars, ... however, I've seen shooting stars, and they don't travel horizontaly as these do, ... and these don't " burn out" they dissapear from sight.

I have also noticed that the other two occasion's I have seen these, there are usually a few helicopters flying around the air force base, which is five minutes away.

So I let the shooting star excuse slide, .... untill tonight. Perhaps it was moving slower tonight, or perhaps it was the fact that it was flying away from my house, .... but I clearly made out this spherical ball of light travel over my house and shoot into the distance. and once again I look out over the air force base to see a Chopper hovering around, .... why would they be flying around at 3:30 in the morning ??

You would think I'm in awe after seeing something like that, ... but the only thing that hit me was fear, and it has stayed with me, ... because I don't know what the hell that was.

I'm more of a philosopher than a ufo subscriber here, so if anyone has any idea's whatsoever please share.

I also write for anyone in the Central Ca area, .... keep an eye on the skies !

[edit on 14-1-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

It could really be anything, bring a camera or video recorder with you when you go out to smoke for now on.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

Riiiiiiiight I'm sure " anything" can create it's own light source and move that fast without breaking the sound barrier.

I've thought about using a camera, but this has only happened 3 times in about two months, and by the time I even aimed the camera it would be gone.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Try willing it to stay many times each day and have your camera ready in the next couple of days.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Foo fighters? If such a thing exists. Get them on tape and report back!

Regards

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Moonman1111

Riiiiiiiight I'm sure " anything" can create it's own light source and move that fast without breaking the sound barrier.

I've thought about using a camera, but this has only happened 3 times in about two months, and by the time I even aimed the camera it would be gone.

Yeh, good luck with the camera thing. If you could even possibly capture what you're describing, people will say it's a fly; a bird; fly crap on your camera lens; Venus, etc etc etc hehehhe. But in any case, keep watching and let us know what you see.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

Yeah, to be realistic, ... that camera thing is not going to work, whatever these things are, .... their fast. By the time I even picked up the camera it would be gone.

People may discount it as a meteor or something, ... but I still have a mental snapshot of it in my mind, .... for this light being the size it was, .... as far as it was, .... it would of had to be something pretty big.

from my perspective, it was about the size of a tennis ball, ... but it was waaaaaaay up there.

it's amazing, who knows how many of these things are actually flying around out there above our heads.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

however, I've seen shooting stars, and they don't travel horizontaly as these do

Really? Then how would you explain these photographs, showing meteors traveling in all directions?

Source: stargazerslounge.com

Another: Catching the Light

and these don't " burn out" they dissapear from sight.

How can you tell? How would you know the difference?

Even an experienced observer would be hard pressed to tell the difference, since it is virtually impossible to distinguish between a light moving away, and a light staying the same distance and dimming, since there are no visual cues apart from brightness and apparent direction of travel when you see a meteor, and these are not necessarily related.

Incidentally, I have seen meteors "disappearing over the horizon" before... but I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to or not?

So I let the shooting star excuse slide, .... untill tonight. Perhaps it was moving slower tonight, or perhaps it was the fact that it was flying away from my house, .... but I clearly made out this spherical ball of light travel over my house and shoot into the distance.

So you are basing your "theory" on the assumption that all meteors look exactly the same, and travel at the same speed?

In actual fact, meteors can have many different characteristics, and no two are exactly the same, although meteors from the same source can appear to be quite similar, at least superficially, but there are always subtle differences, since no two objects hit the atmosphere at exactly the same angle, and things like size/composition/integrity can vary. The speed of meteors can also vary significantly.

I wrote this guide to inform people of the main characteristics, and how to tell meteors apart from other objects that are sometimes similar in appearance to meteors (satellites mainly), which you might find quite eye opening:
Seen a swift/very swift moving light (colored or white) in the sky? - *Please Read this first*

There are many general misconceptions that are held by those who are ignorant (note- that is not the same as being "stupid") when it comes to meteors (which is 99% of people).

If you have more questions on the subject, I'll try my best to answer them.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That sounds amazing! I've only seen a few UFO's near my area. I'm literally watching the skies so much I trip on things! xD Apparently we've got the most UFO sightings in my province! Well they're showing up more and more, so keep looking! Hopefully they'll come down soon. (:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It would be helpful if you could say what dates/times you saw the meteors. My bet is that they coincide with dates/times when meteor showers were peaking, although bright meteors can be seen on any night if you happen to be looking up at the right time.

Also, if you want to photograph them, it is possible, but it becomes quite expensive as soon as you want to try and capture the dimmer ones (below about 0 magnitude).

It's not to hard to capture brighter ones if they happen to cross your camera's field of view on theory, but in practice you need a bit of luck, and/or to be running either multiple cameras or a single camera which can cover the complete sky.

If you are serious about doing this, I can help with some ideas. Someone else also asked me a similar question recently, and I posted a few suggestions on the Quadrantid meteor shower thread here, but there are a few options depending on exactly what you want to do and your budget!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Mate these things (ufo orbs) really do exist. You are witnessing them travelling around the Planet Earths super ufo highway, lucky man

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by lel1111

Yeah, to be realistic, ... that camera thing is not going to work, whatever these things are, .... their fast. By the time I even picked up the camera it would be gone.

People may discount it as a meteor or something, ... but I still have a mental snapshot of it in my mind, .... for this light being the size it was, .... as far as it was, .... it would of had to be something pretty big.

from my perspective, it was about the size of a tennis ball, ... but it was waaaaaaay up there.

it's amazing, who knows how many of these things are actually flying around out there above our heads.

Use a tripod, pick a part of the sky and let it record. Repeat every night until you catch it on tape, you just have to be patient. Until you actually provide some photographic information on what you're seeing all we can do is speculate (something we should avoid).

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Yes they do. My experience was quite different though. The one I witnessed was moving very slow. I walked outside one night and looked up directly at it as if I knew where to look. It was floating right above a cloud and moving the same speed as the cloud. Very slow. I waved at it (for what reason I don't know) then it responded and it dimmed out, took about a full second to fade out. Then I lost my vision for about five seconds and my ears started ringing. Scared the beejeezus out of me and I had nightmares for six months. True story.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Know where you're coming from with the response, btw do you feel any different since your close encounter?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Never been the same since. I wish I would have never saw it in a way. It's a daily philosophical crunch on my brain. I said in another post that I don't know why I still look for answers when I already got it. I don't think it was a solid object, I lean toward extra dimensional that comes and goes as they please.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have been seeing crap like this for years. I have come to the conclusion that most people don't bother looking up most nights. Maybe they are afraid of what the will see.

I like someone else's comment to will them to be there and to stay. This does seem to work. I got one to flick on my outside light that wasn't working. I asked them to flick it on twice so I would know it wasn't a coincidence and just as i had the thought it happend. It scared the hell out of me but also made me laugh

( A funny story - I was at a christmas mass few years back. Not really religious, was just a family thing. So the priest was giving his talk. I always listen because thay can come out with some crazy sh1t.

He was talking about the christmas star that showed where the 'Christ' had been born' He said how God had used this star on that occasion to show the world where his son had been born.

He said that was over 2000years ago and no there was no point looking up at the stars anymore. He actually said people shouldn't waist there time looking up at the sky and keep their eyes firmly on the ground. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was so angy at hearing that. All I can do now is look back and laugh.

Needless to say I haven't been back and I am still looking at the stars and everthing else that goes on there.)

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Your turn. What has been your experience? How did it respond to you?
2nd

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I know exactly what you mean !! actually last night was kinda freaky in general, I was falling asleep when i heard my computer come back from " sleep " mode, .... for some reason I took this as my que to get up, usually the only way to get it to do this is to hit the keyboard.

That's when I go outside, ... and yes, it does seem as If I knew where to look, because if I was looking anywhere else I would have missed it, and the feeling of terror overtook me, everything became surreal, as I noticed the Chopper hovering around nearby, and the sounds of all the neighborhood animals going crazy.

As far as meteor's, I've seen plenty of those, .... and those in those pictures you can clearly see the all the meteor's are travelling downwards. These lights travel horizontaly. However i still do not dismiss this theory.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

As far as meteor's, I've seen plenty of those, .... and those in those pictures you can clearly see the all the meteor's are travelling downwards.

The meteors I've marked on the photographs are all traveling more or less parallel with the horizon. They are not all traveling downwards.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/383d9ea4e3fe.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1aca6d0cfed.jpg[/atsimg]

You are right about one thing though: all meteors belonging to a meteor shower are traveling parallel to each other (more or less), however, because our atmosphere is curved, meteors appear to travel in all directions, but always away from a point (actually it's a small area of sky rather than a "point") known as the meteor shower radiant.

There are numerous accounts of meteors traveling parallel to the horizon, from experienced meteor observers which I can also find if you still don't believe me.

I've seen them myself on numerous occasions, and there is no doubt that they were meteors, since meteors belonging to the same shower can easily be identified if you know what you are doing.

Meteors are not like rain drops falling down from the sky. Meteoroids orbit the Sun, and their orbits can have virtually any inclination with regards to the Earth/you.

The point I am trying to make is that meteors can appear to travel any direction in the sky you care to imagine, including horizontal (or parallel to the horizon), and even if you are lucky directly upwards and away from the horizon.

Meteors like this are known as "Earth-grazers"

Earth Grazing Meteors
One of the more fascinating aspects of our gently curved meteor meniscus is the fact that it will permit the viewing of meteors whose radiant is actually below the horizon of the observer. From Figure 1, it can be seen that a shower radiant which is exactly at the horizon, to either left or right, will still generate meteors which strike our meniscus horizontally, but "illuminating" only 1/2 of our observable sky. Meteors which are seen near the horizon will have some small entry angle into the atmosphere, but those meteors which occur nearly overhead will be travelling almost perfectly horizontal. These grazers can traverse unusually long paths through the atmosphere because they are skimming horizontally through less dense portions of air , rather than penetrating downward to denser layers. These meteors are quite spectacular to observe and can occasionally cover more than 100 degrees of arc for an observer below.

Hundreds of reports like this one are pouring in from all over the mid
western United States. Thousands of commuters and star gazers saw what
astronomers call an "Earth grazer" -- a meteoroid or piece of space
debris that travels nearly parallel to Earth's surface as it
disintegrates in our atmosphere.
Earth grazers are slow moving and
feature vibrant colors in their long beautiful tails. This one was
spotted between 5:50 and 6:05 CST as it sped over Wisconsin, Michigan,
Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, New York and several other states.

Tuesday night's fireball was so bright that it was first noticed by
many observers while they were inside brightly lit buildings.

"I was sitting in a Wendy's facing outside and saw the bright orange
light in the sky," recounts Wendi S. Abbott of Cincinnati, OH. "I have
no idea how long it lasted, but I had time to jump up, race over to the
window and ask the family sitting there if they were seeing what I was
seeing. The father said it was just a reflection in the window, but
quickly changed his mind. It finally broke apart in about 3 or 4 pieces
before it died out. What an incredible sight! If this is any indication
of what's to come, this will definitely be a 'once in a lifetime
[experience]'."

The trajectory of the fireball was similar in appearance to an
aircraft, flying low and level across the horizon from west to east.

Many observers reported seeing the meteor fragment into many iridescent
pieces that traveled in a line like a string of Christmas lights.

Source: Cambridge Conference Correspondence

You can believe what you saw were orbs if you like, but in the end your description fits that of an Earth grazing meteor. Often they can seem much closer than they really are. I know that myself from seeing them, as well as reports from other observers.

I'm guessing the meteor you saw was the weekend before last? Sunday night or Saturday perhaps? That would have been when the Quadrantid meteor shower was at it's peak, and the radiant of the shower would have been low enough in the mid-late PM hours to produce "Quadrantid-grazers", which would probably be seen traveling from north - south when seen traveling along either the east or west horizons.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I know what you saw I saw a very very similar object last night. I was out running around 8:20 pm (it's cold but I wear a sauna suit). As I look up I see an orb traveling at basically meteor speed. I saw it at about the middle in the middle of the observable sky and it traveled about 1/4 of the sky then disappeared. It was traveling from north to south. Around 8:30 there was a helicopter. Not sure if it was military but it flew from east to west directly through where the orb flew.

Also the orb in my sighting appeared to be as low as those small 1-2 seat airplanes.

To those who think it may be a meteor. It had absolutely no tail. If something is hot enough to glow and burn up in our atmosphere I'd think it would have a tail or at least leave a slight trail.

Edit:

By the way I live in Georgia

[edit on 15-1-2010 by ScRuFFy63]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join