It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, just the first page, but does anybody actually think that TPTB haven't already done this? The article focuses mainly on online groups, and if you haven't taken a look at many of the YouTube videos, blogs, and websites in existance, and the contradictory theories they present, well, you must be living in a cave. I understand that a lot of the videos and theories out there truly are ridiculous, but I've often thought that the search results for 9/11 on YouTube contain a lot of garbage. There are users I have seen that spend a LOT of time tying to debunk any theory that goes against the "official story". Kinda like it's their full time job. I'm sure there's already been a program already in place for YEARS to infiltrate and debunk any alternative story, whether the current administration knows about it or not.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
OMG like we haven't had the CIA and NSA playing the troll in ATS threads already!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This is very disgusting. "Let's label the thinkers, theorists and truth-seekers as terrorists, so we can all deal with them in one fell swoop..."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time with this term: cognitively infiltrated

Cause to me, that sounds like they want to Mind *Screw* us.

What is that, cognitively infiltrated?

How is that done to someone?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Why not??? A house divided upon itself will not stand right? Divide and Conquer is pretty much where we stand with these conspiracy theories is it not? One side strongly opposes conspiracy theories while the other side eats conspiracy theories for breakfast.

I got into conspiracy theories a year and a half ago, and they made me mentally ill. I got so stressed and suicidal I had to go to the mental hospital.

To think that they are not already doing these activities... thats a joke. To think they are not already doing them here on ATS... thats a joke. Your never going to beat the system, your just going to cause problems. So convert yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

"crippled epistemology" Sunstein means that people who believe in conspiracy theories have a limited number of sources of information that they trust. Therefore, Sunstein argued in the article, it would not work to simply refute the conspiracy theories in public -- the very sources that conspiracy theorists believe would have to be infiltrated.

End Quote.

Of course we have a limited number of sources we can trust, when we can't even trust our Governments to tell us the truth in the first place.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chastral

Why not??? A house divided upon itself will not stand right? Divide and Conquer is pretty much where we stand with these conspiracy theories is it not? One side strongly opposes conspiracy theories while the other side eats conspiracy theories for breakfast.

I got into conspiracy theories a year and a half ago, and they made me mentally ill. I got so stressed and suicidal I had to go to the mental hospital.

To think that they are not already doing these activities... thats a joke. To think they are not already doing them here on ATS... thats a joke. Your never going to beat the system, your just going to cause problems. So convert yourself.

Mentally ill? Went to a mental hospital to recover from your suicidal tendencies did you? What do your doctors have to say about your continued presence in this site? Do you admit to them you are still active in conspiracy sites? We all may as well convert? How much are they paying you to post here, I wonder?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Have we finally discovered a political entity who is universally disdained?

a brief search indicates that CS isn't thought well of on a far right site, Right Side News.

Seems to have an antipolar, and yet similar distaste on Democratic Underground..

It's no surprise that he has no fan base on WND.

Spoken like a true disinfo artist, right? Just thought it was interesting. Move along, nothing to see here.

Oh wait, a little bonus -- a few quotes attributed to Cass Sustein according to search engine in thinkexist.com

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Laugh, "crippled epistomology", Cass Sunstein wants to make it clear that YOU dont write the history and you have no right to interpret facts any other way than they want you to. What is next, brainwashing ?

Epistemology (from Greek ἐπιστήμη - episteme-, "knowledge, science" + λόγος, "logos") or theory of knowledge is the branch of philosophy concerned with the nature and scope (limitations) of knowledge

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhines

Laugh, "crippled epistomology", Cass Sunstein wants to make it clear that YOU dont write the history and you have no right to interpret facts any other way than they want you to. What is next, brainwashing ?

Thank you!
Brainwashing - Now doesn't that just SOUND like what cognitively infiltrating must mean?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure of Cass Sunstein's true intentions, we can be easily swayed when we look at the OP's initial post, and the argument cannot simply be dismissed.

However, when looking in Wiki regarding Mr Sunstein, I am not convinced that his intentions are solely against free thought and speech.

I can't say that I have read any of his publications, but looking at the titles I would have to believe that the man ain't all bad:

After the Rights Revolution (1990),
The Partial Constitution (1993),
Democracy and the Problem of Free Speech (1995),
Legal Reasoning and Political Conflict (1996),
Free Markets and Social Justice (1997)
One Case at a Time (1999),
Risk and Reason (2002),
Why Societies Need Dissent (2003)
Laws of Fear: Beyond the Precautionary Principle (2005),
Radicals in Robes: Why Extreme Right-Wing Courts Are Wrong for America (2005)
Are Judges Political? An Empirical Analysis of the Federal Judiciary (2005)
Infotopia: How Many Minds Produce Knowledge (2006),
Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth, and Happiness (2008)

Cass Sunstein - Wiki

In his book Democracy and the Problem of Free Speech Sunstein says there is a need to reformulate First Amendment law. He thinks that the current formulation, based on Justice Holmes' conception of free speech as a marketplace “disserves the aspirations of those who wrote America’s founding document.” The purpose of this reformulation would be to “reinvigorate processes of democratic deliberation, by ensuring greater attention to public issues and greater diversity of views.” He is concerned by the present “situation in which like-minded people speak or listen mostly to one another,” and thinks that in “light of astonishing economic and technological changes, we must doubt whether, as interpreted, the constitutional guarantee of free speech is adequately serving democratic goals.” He proposes a “New Deal for speech [that] would draw on Justice Brandeis' insistence on the role of free speech in promoting political deliberation and citizenship.”

I'm not convinced that his intentions might not just be to broaden peoples perspectives, where by a lot of people may tend to focus solely on their own world view without considering the broader possibilities.

I could also be wrong.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Koka]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
America... here comes the 'change' that everyone wanted! It's an Obamanation I tell ya!

IRM :shk:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Wow. Big surprise that Sunstein is a Zionist Jew.

And we wonder why people call anti-Zionists, Jew haters....

What kind of idiot would declare all this stuff in public documents?

He wants to use non-government sources to discredit the Truth movement.

And this is why we don't trust anybody.

We didn't even have to infiltrate the government to find this information out. They are just that stupid. LOL

We cry for transparency and when there is evidence of such practice we call them idiots......

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't understand why this news is being officially announced since they've already been infiltrating for years now.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If they have nothing to hide than why is this an issue? They just made it crystal clear that we ARE a threat to them.
Either that or they support us and want to give us more to conspire against

Edit for iPhone spell check making me look like an ignant

[edit on 14-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If you ever needed any proof that the US Government, or factions within it (as I believe Obama has other things to keep him occupied, rather than a plot that could not have involved him and still does not directly concern him), wish to impede the freedom of information, by using dirty tactics ("cognitive infiltration", as they put it) to undermine a growing awareness - THIS IS IT!

I thought plausible deniability was always a safe bet and would be here to stay.

This effort, which must surely only be a precursor to real activity, means that some part of Government denial is going, or has been going, very wrong.

We need to jump on this now if we are to show them up for what they are - it's an admission of the intent to brainwash people into NOT believing ANy reality other than which you are told to believe. Is that the change your citizens asked for, Mr O???

On the other hand, this guy might actually believe the official stories - but still, I don't see ANY mention of whistleblowers, defectors or the most single point which underpins our society...

THE RIGHT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT ANY "OFFICIAL STORY".

Building seven, put options prior to 9/11 not being investigated AT ALL, bin Ladens being flown out of the states on 9/12, multiple explosions heared within the buildings post impacts (no acknowledgement that there was no gas allowed on WTC higher floors), silenced firemen whose testimonies about WTC collapse WOULD NOT be listened to.

These are the thigns this guy neds to address if he wants to be heard by us.

The fact that Israel was a prime target and this guy, apprenently, being a Jew makes me nervous.

By the way, whistleblowers are what lend credence to any truth movement. He didn't even touch on that part - THE most influential aspect of what makes a "conspiracy theory". Can I just be teh first to remind everyone here, and that balding idiot, that Buzz Aldrin is a whistleblower.

"While Buzz is an American hero, we dont' share his views on extra terrestrial life" - why does nobody put it to these officials like this...
Come ONNNNN! Come out and say he's lying - DO IT! WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF?!

Fight it, people.

[edit on 14/1/2010 by TailoredVagabond]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I need a new job. I wonder if applied and put on my CV about my experience on ATS if that would help.

Maybe some of the paid bloggers we already have on here could put a word in for me

If the money's good I'm perfectly capable of assuming any mantle they wish.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You know what would ultimately happen to those infiltrating said groups right? They would most likely realize that there's something to these "theories". That would lead to mission failure.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just been reading about this guy on wiki. I got a link to his latest wife Samantha Powerr.

Boy I'd like to be a fly on the wall in that house. They must have some great conversations. I wonder how long they will stick together ?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wait i'm confused, he's saying conspiracy theorists are dangerous by spreading conspiracy theories.... like you know the thought police. And here he makes the conspiracy theory of a thought police come through?

Edit to add:

What are you more afraid of?
Muslim terroists or living in a society with a thought police?

I think this is a very much needed question and that people who really believe in the threat of islamic terroism need to think about.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join