It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everything in life recorded?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
We have all had times when we may just be sitting quietly contemplating the day ahead, driving down the street, or walking round the house or shops, and one of those thoughts come in to our head. Like da sha vu, almost. Or a vision of something gone by, it may be something that you didn’t actually do, but something you’re just feeling about an object or a place.

I have had many times in my life, even more so as I get older, where I can pick up and object and see something about its life, or past, where it was made, people that handled it, or places it has been, like it has been recording its life and I can somehow play that recording back. Some times it will only be a very specific kind or amount of information, say a persons face, or a room it was kept in, or people that have passed that way if it’s a play back of an area.

And that got me wondering, what if every object right down to a stone on the ground, to a tree or an item of clothing, has the ability, on a molecular level to record things, and we are all at some time but not at all times able to tap into that recording. If you think about it, we all do it. We all say things like, “this is familiar” or “I have been here before” or things like, “ I bet that was hard living in those days” when holding on to an old artefact or something your grand parents have in their home. And often it will turn out to be true.

Or is it the ability to put ourselves in a particular situation and the old human emotion of sympathy and empathy come in to play. Some call it having a 6th scenes, some call it telepathic, I am starting to think its natural and an ability that we all have, that may be triggered by something like the amount of say EMF around you at the time. That can start the playback of an object or simply trigger you to start receiving the information from an object that is transmitting near to where you are. Having said that I do feel that just seeing a place can trigger some kind of play back, I have been passing a gate to a field or a particular street before and had a feeling of having been there before, to the point that I can see something of the history of that place. And it’s a deep feeling, more than just a thought, sometimes with emotion attached to it, almost like I used to live hear and I want to go back.

Like I said, I know a lot of people have these feelings or play back episodes, I am just interested to hear what other people think, and find out if its at all possible to say tap in to that with some kind of play back device, it could go a long way to solving crime or releasing information about a situation or event that we might want to know about.

Thanks for staying with me on this, I know it’s a bit of a strange one but I’m sure some of you will know what I’m trying to say here.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm with you on this. It wouldn't surprise me if it were true. That could explain a lot of life's mysteries. Psychic abilities and Deja vu like you pointed out. "Spirit voices" on tape and paranormal photos. I think somehow our electronic devices can pick up on these recorded past events.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Naughty B0B

I agree, there are these EVP recordings, and images found only in infra-red photos, and video, It would be good if we could find a machine that could record all of it, by tuning in to it somehow, like a radio or something like that, we could learn so much and maybe even disprove a lot of myth's that surround us and control us in so many ways.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You might be interested in a psychological condition called Chronic Deja Vu

Déjà vu, which is French for “already seen,” is usually so fleeting that psychologists have until recently thought it impossible to study, Moulin said.

But for some people, the feeling of having been there before is persistent. Moulin and other researchers at the university are working with such people on what they say is the world’s first study of “chronic déjà vu.”

The man who refused treatment not only genuinely believed he had met Moulin before, he gave details about the times and places of the “remembered” meetings, Moulin said. The man believed he could hear the same bird singing the same song in the same tree every time he went out.

Chronic déjà vu sufferers are not only overwhelmed by a sense of familiarity for new experiences, they can provide plausible and elaborate justifications to back up their feeling, Moulin said.

I'm not saying your nuts BTW! - It's just that there does seem to be an inbuilt function in our selves to see this familiarity, or in your case specific knowledge - and in some people the sense can go a bit 'haywire'

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i definitely agree that as long as there is interaction all prior interactions with/without a same person can be known with/without knowing someone from a prior interaction.the recording is not re but once known is not accessible but through another interacting through one who knew.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Mine is not a sense of deja vu. Mine is different. It is hard to explain.

I can hold an item that is not mine, or see an item sometimes, and a story plays out in my mind not unlike a short movie. It pertains to the item, and who owned it, and perhaps an incident that occurred with regards to that item.

In my case, I tend to link it more to a daydream than anything? But it is seemingly unprovoked. It just happens, then I shake it off, and go on with life. This has been happening to me all my life, but I learned after a while to shut it off, or just not pay attention to it.

I bought an extrememely old sideboard and dresser with a mirror, and for years, every time I stood in front of that mirror, I would get daydreams of a woman.

Sometimes, I would just wake up in the morning, and look at the dresser and mirror, same thing.

The sideboard is beautiful When I got it home, I pulled out this little drawer inside, and stamped in a circle on the bottom of the drawer, it has a blue ink stamp, stating it was made by slaves. The feeling this set off in me and the daydreams that ensued, were momentous to me. I bought this item at a flea market, and I did not see the drawer until I got it home. I fell in love with the piece at first sight, and instantly bought it.

It is a very precious piece of furniture to me, with respect to what the daydreams made me feel. That perhaps some major events occurred during the making of that furniture. I will leave that, however, to your imagination to sort out.

The thing is, the daydreams are not familiar to me, but it akin to almost having a memory of something I would have no way of having a memory of.

Not sure if this makes any sense, perhaps I just have a very active imagination.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
There are a few things that immediately jump to mind when I read you post... First off, when you mention picking up an object and knowing something about it's history, that describes one of the classic "psychic skills" called "psychometry".

I've always been curious about how psychic senses can gather information, imprints or impressions, and there is something called the "Akashic Record" (en.wikipedia.org... ) which is said to contain the impression of all events and all things, and it is this store of information that some psychic senses touch upon. If someone could create a device to tap into this, say goodbye to the very concepts of secrets or personal privacy... every thing that was ever known would be out there for anyone to see. They would just need to know where to look!

As for those deja vu sensations, as a psychic researcher, I've been fortunate to have a number of conscious Out of Body experiences (OBE), and I am quite convinced that the experience is not only natural, but relatively common during sleep. I believe many dreams that we remember particularly vividly (and especially "Flying dreams") may be nocternal OBE's. If that is true, it would make a lot of sense that many people might visit places psychically in their dreams but have either faint or no recollection of the event on waking until a memory is triggered by "revisiting" the place while awake.

If you believe in past lives and reincarnation, that could also certainly account for familiarity with places you've never been to... at least not in this body!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

That is exactly what i am talking about. you don't get all of the items history, but specific bits, maybe different at different times. but could it be that the feelings and "day dreams" your seeing are the same thing as something like a tape replaying to you? And is that recorded in the molecular structure of the item in question, I am starting to think its like how the human brain stores information, and creates memories, the brain stays the same but the way it links creates a memory, and that memory is nothing more than tiny amounts of electrical impulses. Maybe that is what is happening with everyday items and places, that the molecules get rearranged in such a way that they act like magnetic tape in a cassette, and record the information in a similar way?but without changing the item. but its one of those things difficult to explain in words, but one can see it in ones head, i don't know if people will understand what im saying, may be i am nuts i dont know

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There actually is a place where there are files on every person who ever lived that has in them recorded every single thing you have ever done every single day of your life, according to a story I heard once. And the records are not kept by any governments of this earth, but by God, but the story says that if your name is in the book of life that these records disapear and won't be used against you on judgement day. I hope all who read this have their names in the book of life. With all the corruption and crazyness going on in the world today, to think for one minute that there won't be any accountability someday is even more crazy.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildcat117

Thanks for that link, that was very interesting, and I had never heard of that. I never considered this to be anything psychic, I thought everyone did this. I guess since it has been with me all my life, it doesn't seem odd to me.

Like I said, though, perhaps it is just an overactive imagination, however, the one thing that I both enjoy and find frustrating about it is not having any power over when it happens. Like I said, I can brush it off, and go on, but usually it is pretty interesting, especially if I like the object, ie: something I might buy, or feel compelled to buy. I have wondered often why certain items draw me in, too. I guess in looking back on it, it always has been due to these daydreams.

I have surrounded myself with antiques, or items that are new creations of antique styles, as I can afford them. I prefer the real thing, and this is particularly why. I find myself particularly drawn to victorian era items, for some reason. I love to go browsing in antique markets, and can literally spend limitless time doing that. It is a combination of things too, from the smells of old wood, leather, dust and the old smell of a book perhaps. All those things can seem to work to trigger it.

When it annoys me, though, is when I am cleaning out the sideboard and trying to re-arrange things, or cleaning the dresser drawers and removing winter clothes for spring clothes. It can tend to make it take a long time.
Just polishing the furniture, or dusting, and cleaning the mirror will sometimes cause it, too. And another thing, it is not always the same scenarios I see, but even though I have had this furniture for hmm, about 20 years, the memories are never mine, or about my children or family. I always have the sense that even though I own the furniture, that it is someone elses.

The one thing I enjoyed about your link was one word, intuition. I always did fancy myself as having a great sense of intuition, but I let certain things outside me affect it, and now I do not trust it. All it took was one very major lie, over a period of time, for me to lose faith in my intuitions. I knew it was a mistake to lose that faith in myself, but I do give that credit to the person that misled me for so long. I should have trusted myself, and didn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

Yes, exactly. It is like little mini movies, sometimes the same, but usually differnt. Just little snippets, not like long draw out plots or anything.

I think in one sense you are right, that this is how we create memories, because there are certain triggers I believe, that cause us to store a memory. To be able to remember, we have to have a trigger or something nearly tangible to grasp to retrieve it.

I think our brains are something like a rolodex or a file cabinet in that respect. I know if I want to make an effort to remember something specific, I find little ways to cause a trigger. I taught my children their home address when they were very young, by making it a song and clapped and sang to it. That way if they ever got lost, they could sing and clap and remember it, as yound as 3 years old. They still remember that song to this day.

I do have to lend some credence to your idea though, as in respect to what I have discussed in these posts, as that is almost how it feels to me. That somehow, items can retain something. I just never thought of it that way until I read your post.

Here though, is what I find interesting. I wonder why it happens with me more with other peoples' things than my own? I of course, have my own small memories about little things I own, but it is very different from the effect of holding or seeing things that belong to someone else.

Maybe it is just my perspective on it, I don't know.

Thought provoking, nonetheless!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I do get the feeling that we all do this from time to time, but most of us tend to ignore it most of the time, its not until you start to take notice of it that it becomes apparent. I am actually afraid of going some places especially places where there has been bad things happen, for instance i would never go to Auschwitz, i could just imagine the things one could pick up on. not even gonna think about that one. It could be that some of us are more in tune with what ever frequency these playbacks are on, and i do think it may be one of those things that have been sort of bread out of us over the years as technology has taken more of a hold over us, we not longer use as much of such abilities as we perhaps once used to do.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by neo5842

...I wonder why it happens with me more with other peoples' things than my own?

Could it be that your own items have such a strong imprint of your own impressions that they drown out the others? Maybe you only *really* pay attention when an item is new and novel to your senses and once you get familiar with them you tune it out.

top topics

join