It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Apparition Appears at my Grandparent's (PHOTO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is a photo taken by my grandmother at their house in Warwick QLD Australia (date unknown) on their digital camera. As you can see on the hi-res version I uploaded into ATS media, it appears to be fluid with streams of light running from the open door handle down to the chair seen at the bottom edge of the image.
Im not sure what to make of it and as of yet not jumping to any conclusions, but if there were any photo/image experts who could offer their opinion that would be great

EDIT: I forgot to add that there was no electrical light on inside the bathroom at the time the photo was taken.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Griffo515]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Whats this? almost a whole day and no response? This is the Paranormal Studies Forum right? TBH I was half expecting my first response to be along the lines of "FAKE...I can do better in photo shop"

Come on guys!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
What made her take the photo?

I notice the apparition is in front of the chair in the foreground, so I'm leaning towards some sort of lens flare from an unseen light source.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
What made her take the photo?

Im told that her dogs were acting erratic (barking at nothing, cringing, looking at things that arnt there) leading up to her taking a heap of photos of through out the house...although this was the only anomalous one.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Same question here really... why did they take a photo of a door?

Was there more to the photo? has it been 'chopped' ?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

There's a lot of shiny stuff in that cabinet with the glass front so there's a good chance of it being lens glare.

Woody

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry to bump the thread, was just trawling through and found this. Looks to me like a fairly ordinary shot when you're using flash. The flash illuminates the scene to pull out foreground detail, but the shutter remains open for a few more tenths of a second to expose background detail that won't necessarily have been illuminated.

If you look closely at some of the wisps, they join up with white hotspots in the image. It looks like after the flash fired the camera was lowered due to the user assuming the picture had been taken, when in fact it was still exposing for shadow detail. This resulted in the lighter areas of the room leaving the streaks you see on the image.

new topics

top topics

join