It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Spiral above United Kingdom from meteo satellite?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Cold weather Jet Stream??

?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

No, as has been demonstrated in this thread, a circling AWACS aircraft.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
If you guys want a metaphysical thought, it could be one of the many portals opening up. (But I know most of you like your box theories)

I'm sorry, but your "portal opening up" sounds like a box theory to me...

"...Ooooh -- I see a strange spiral cloud. It must be a portal!"

Forget about trying to do some research and a little leg work into finding out all of the more mundane things it could be. No -- let's just make it easy and call it a "portal". [/sarcasm]

The people who quickly jump to the "portal" conclusion, or those who always claim "alien!" whenever they see a bright light in the sky are just as guilty as "not thinking outside the box" as the stubborn "pseudo-skeptic" that those same people complain about.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Not easy, it just is.

And while we are on the subject, why must every little thing be such a huge, organized, scientific effort? Why not a little bit of ease every now and again, huh? Let your consciousness and infinite awareness guide you once in a while.... you will be surprised.

You all will be in great awe very soon!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

While I can see where you are coming from, theres a lot to be said about science and the scientific method for discovery of the truth....which is what we are all here for right? denying ignorance?

It wouldn't be much of a debate without either side presenting some kind of tangible proof to back their claims or at least some research presented into the subject at hand.

although I agree there are some subjects such as UFO's, Aliens and the like where proof is VERY hard if not impossible to come by so it leaves us with nothing but hearsay, conjecture and intuition

[edit on 15-1-2010 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

And I can understand where you are all coming from, as I have been there most of my life.

I have just moved on from there and once my eyes were opened, I couldn't go back to the constraints of the logical mind. I feel stuck in there. There is more freedom out here.... I appreciate your civillity, as others expend much ego and anger....

I ask myself, are these people using the ego/anger because they are afraid of what might be just on the other side? I did.

We are all acting from our own level of awareness. No one is right or wrong... it is merely our perceptions of our own specific realities... and these perceoptions change on an ongoing basis, otherwise how would we evolve?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

That is the most fruity nonsense I've read on ATS in a while, and I hang out in the Paranormal Studies board.

Please keep it out of the Science and Technology board, as it's an affront to mankind's relentless desire to understand the universe. Apparently, according to you, it's fine if we all just have a cup of tea and make it all up.

I find it strange that someone can spout such drivel over the internet, a system that didn't come about by people bouncing perceptions across different specific realities. It was down to the scientific method and hard graft that we have this gift, and indeed all technology around us.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

You are making it all up....

Enjoy your cup of tea!

Someday your chains will fall off.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Brilliant! Are we back in the school yard again?

You are espousing we all turn our backs on critical thinking, to ensure that we never know anything with any degree of accuracy, and mire ourselves in a new dark age, where mysticism, guesswork, superstition, and fear are our guiding lights, instead of the objective pursuit of understanding which science intrinsically is.

That's pathetic. Leave this forum immediately, as your way of thinking is mutually exclusive with "Science and Technology", and as such any post you make is instantly off-topic.

I don't know how you manage to live your life without dying. Surely, if you eat a sandwich, you don't know if you actually ate a sandwich, or if you just perceived yourself to have eaten one. Those hunger pangs you might experience might be real, or they might be highly subjective. So, either you eat all the time, you don't eat at all, or you realise you have lost touch with reality and eat at the same schedule as normal people, regardless of whether you believe it or not. Either way your life must be awful, or awfully hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

You have much pent up anger. I wish you well in your earthly endeavors and maneuvering through these end times.

A thorough Google search of Metaphysics will assist you.

Peace to you.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

My only anger is with those who wish to poison the minds of the gullible with nonsense.

Metaphysics? Come on. Give me a break. End times? Ha! Get a grip! Get some logic in your life! Actually try to know something, and not just feel it.

I shouldn't have to explain this to an adult!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Britain has the most f**ked up weather system in the world due to the location of our nation at the end of a warm current (the gulf stream) and 5 different air masses! Mix that with Coriolis effect, centrifugal force and the 3 different types of cells that distribute wind throughout the globe, then you can see that a vortex of wind ripping up the clouds in the jet stream is actually not so strange.

apollo.lsc.vsc.edu...

www.ace.mmu.ac.uk...

www.geomorphology.org.uk...

www.newmediastudio.org...

I'm not trying to crash your thread pal, but I have got a HND in Nautical Science, I had to studying Meteorology as a core unit and I've seen bizarre weather whilst out at sea. I'm just trying to give you an answer that is satisfying enough for you.

Take it easy mate =)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join