It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your solutions to our problems?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Every day I come here to see a new list of rants. Most of them are repeats of countless other rants and complaints. The one thing I never see is suggested solutions, new idea's about how to change things or idea's from those doing most of the yelling.

For just a moment, pretend you are in charge. List your solutions and plans to change things. No rants or vulgar language. No calls for violence or other mindless nonsense. Just sensible plans and suggestions to fix the things you see as being wrong.

To be fair, my answer would be quite simple.

Education-

Make sure you know all about the people you vote for. Forget which Party they or you belong to and see who they really are and don't be afraid to vote for people outside the Two Party System.

Teach your children to not be Party Hacks and to be free thinking individuals who vote for the best person for the job.

Stop falling for every Internet driven, hate driven wild eyed idea posted on the Internet.

Involvement-

If your not involved in a real way, if you do not vote; you have no voice. Get involved both locally and nationally. Make your wishes known by staying in contact with your representatives in government both locally and nationally. If they don't respond just keep doing it. No government can stand up to a united people and they know it. That's why they have you all at each others throats.

Work Together -

Stop ranting and raving while calling each other names and slandering each other. Realize we are all in this boat together and we sink or swim together. Grow the hell up and act like real adults. We all have good idea's but they are drowned out by the hatred being encouraged by Political Parties. Stop falling for their game. Take that Party Propaganda and flush it down the toilet where it belongs. Stop acting like bickering children on a playground.

Your turn.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
1) Build as many houses as possible, so that the poor can afford them with little or even no cost.

2) Compensate for the loss of woods by planting as many trees around your houses as possible, maybe even on the grass. This is something very simple that everyone can do.

3) Without needing to pay for a house, you probably don't need more than a mini wage production-type job, to pay the rest of the bills. If it's close to your house, then ride your bike. If not, then take the bus. This saves money on insurance and the cost of a car.

4) Eat less and you don't need to go to the bathroom at all. This saves water, and very importantly, prevent a bunch of health problems and money needed to fix them.

5) Save as much money as possible, just in case, certain genetic health problems arise, or when you're old and are unable to work anymore. The Chinese save 75% of their money, because they know that the government won't bail them out.

6) If you limit your TV and computer usage, then you'd probably only have to pay a small electric bill.

7) Have less kids.

In the end, it's very quite easy to avoid all the bills. It's just a matter of the comfort level you're willing to live with.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by np6888]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

4) Eat less and you don't need to go to the bathroom at all. This saves water, and very importantly, prevent a bunch of health problems and money needed to fix them.

Wait just a dog-gone second here........I would appreciate some clarification of the human digestive system. I know we're all on a "kooky" site but this might be the craziest thing I have ever read.

Blaino: I like your thoughts.

Education is the key to humanity let alone the U.S.

We as Americans have done a disservice to urban populations. We yell and scream at the television when horrific inner-city violence is portrayed. Do these people know of an alternative? I don't think so. If the educational system was more rigidly defined and enforced I think we could all measure the progress to a more stabile society quite rapidly.

Becker

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

If you eat less, the body uses all of the food up, instead of dumping it or storing it as fat.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Yeah, I believe education is the key to solve most social and political issues. We need to take back the schools from the Political Ideologues who are creating this generation of hate and failing to teach the lessons of history factually.

Taking control of the schools and using them to teach ideology instead of facts and truthful history is one of the worst things to happen to our society and it is so seldom discussed. The schools are being used as weapons via the Unions and by Political Parties. That should anger everyone.

We have that problem here where I live as well. The Superintendent is a rabid Political Ideologue. When she got emails from Parents, private emails, she went public with them and the names of the senders. She should have been sent a one way ticket the next day but she is still there.

The world has changed very much since my school days and much of history is not even taught for purely political reasons. Civics is no longer taught as it should be when at one time it was considered so important you could not graduate High School without a passing grade.

Ask a student now if they know the history of people like Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Castro or Che and they will likely draw a blank and think Che T-Shirts are cool; blissfully unaware of the people he butchered.

I believe education brought down the old USSR, not Reagan. You simply can not control an educated populace. Now we are repeating their failed ideology and slowly turning towards the system that has failed over and over again and been used by the most evil men in history.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
One solutions I'd like to propose, ala the thread title, would be to offer death/euthanasia to anyone who wants it

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The only solution is to tear down the entire corrupt system and start over. While this appears to be a monumental task it's really very simple. All it takes to destroy this system is a brief stand down. Simply stop conforming. If you could get people to do that it would happen very fast. Of course, you would first need a citizenry that recognized there is indeed a problem. That is highly unlikely, but to answer the question I would try to convince people to stop conforming.

The slower way would be to focus on politics at the smallest levels. Influence a campaign of supporting third party candidates. Popularize electing third party at the lowest levels such as city and state then work your way up.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
1) Build as many houses as possible, so that the poor can afford them with little or even no cost.

Who pays? You?

2) Compensate for the loss of woods by planting as many trees around your houses as possible, maybe even on the grass. This is something very simple that everyone can do.

Good idea and has always been a good idea. We all want a better environment.

3) Without needing to pay for a house, you probably don't need more than a mini wage production-type job, to pay the rest of the bills. If it's close to your house, then ride your bike. If not, then take the bus. This saves money on insurance and the cost of a car.

Is a minimum wage, no education job what you want for your children and grandchildren? The USSR had a system like that. It failed. They ended up with multiple families in small apartments with no motivation. They ended up so bad off they reached the point lines to the stores were blocks long just to get basic supplies.

I hope that was pure sarcasm. You can't be serious.

5) Save as much money as possible, just in case, certain genetic health problems arise, or when you're old and are unable to work anymore. The Chinese save 75% of their money, because they know that the government won't bail them out.

Great idea! That has always been true. Those who do just that are the ones with all the marbles now. (Young people, do you know what "all the marbles" means any more?)

6) If you limit your TV and computer usage, then you'd probably only have to pay a small electric bill.

Energy conservation is always a good idea. Plentiful, cheap, sustainable energy should be the goal though, removing that worry.

7) Have less kids.

Good advice but it should never be mandated. Here in the US however our population would be shrinking were it not for immigrants.

In the end, it's very quite easy to avoid all the bills. It's just a matter of the comfort level you're willing to live with.

How about opportunity and a world class education to make sure everyone has a good standard of living. We will always have leeches who want others to support them, but is that what we truly want or should want?

My post is more about taking back control of our country and getting good people in office however. We can all do just fine if we get the government out of our hair and good people teaching our children to be positive and forward looking. Working for the government or large corporations is a dead end street unless your one of the leaders.

Our children are no longer taught that and are instead prepared to be good little workers. It used to be we were taught to go for the "American Dream" of business, land and home ownership through hard work and education. Not any more.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
One solutions I'd like to propose, ala the thread title, would be to offer death/euthanasia to anyone who wants it

We already have that I'm afraid. Anyone who wishes to can take their lives at any time and there is not much anyone can do about it. The people you are describing are mentally ill unless they are terminal patients. They need psychological help not encouragement to kill themselves. We need to place more value on human life, not less.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Jeez oh Pete. I first thought that I'd stumbled into a hopeium den but I must have misread the sign, this is the Loony Bin. Hmmm...

Education- based on what I've just read that experiment has been tried and is a total flop but I'm willing to give it a few more years just to see if devolution can take us to the point that a PhD can be had with charcoal briquette a cave wall and a really fascinating animal.

Involvement- I voted four times with the results being exponentially worse each time, I quit.

Work together- in two years time the competition for the roots, nuts, berries and tree bark will become so fierce this idea comes a little to late.

Build as many houses as possible- unnecessary, there is a surplus of houses, anyone who needs one can move to Detroit and they'll give them one.

Eat less and you don't need to go to the bathroom at all- this is a real jewel and it really works. Last year I cut my daily consumption down to a tea cup of organic sprouts per day and I haven't taken a sh*t in eight months. I don't have the energy to move much more than my fingers but hey I figure that I've saved 800 gallons of water, a small forest in TP and who knows how much in carbon producing methane. This year I'm going to cut my liquid intake down to two shot glasses of water per day and tie a knot in the end of my pecker. I figure that if I sit real still and don't sweat or get anything in my eyes to make them water I shouldn't dehydrate and I'll be able to move my toilet out into the yard and plant a tree in it. Any suggestions on a sustainable variety?

Compensate for the loss of woods by planting as many trees around your houses as possible- solved, read above.

Without needing to pay for a house, you probably don't need more than a mini wage- mini job, mini wage, mini life, mini me. Is this a bad dream or did I wake up in Lilliput?

Save as much money as possible, just in case, certain genetic health problems arise- to late, there's a wave of downs syndrome sweeping the land and it looks like it may have started here.

If you limit your TV and computer usage, then you'd probably only have to pay a small electric bill- who needs a TV, as for my computer it runs on a wind powered Oldsmobile alternator so if the wind dies I may have to finish this later.

Have less kids- no problem there, considering my diet I imagine my sperm count is in the negative numbers by now.

The only solution is to tear down the entire corrupt system and start over- how about we rest up a couple of days first. If I don't blink or move my eyes and control my breathing I may be able to store up enough energy to scream a nasty slur at these fascists.

The slower way would be to focus on politics at the smallest levels- speaking of focus did someone dim the lights, man it's getting cold in here too.

One solutions I'd like to propose, ala the thread title, would be to offer death/euthanasia to anyone who wants it- just get 'em on my diet and nature will take care of the rest.

Good God almighty. The last time I had a nightmare like this it took a quart of Jack Daniels and a couple of spoiled sausages.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

Perhaps you should put the bottle away and try again in the morning
Your arrogance is beyond that of a sober individual. But then, perhaps only your opinion matters and everyone else should bow to your wisdom and shut up? But then; who would you have to offend to boost your self-esteem? Glad to be of help with that. Troll away, like most people here; I'm Armour plated.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not arrogance, disappointment. If my feeble attempt at humor struck the wrong chord with you my sincerest apologies. I don't troll it's a waste of time and energy (not even sure what trolling really is). As I read these posts it struck me that collectively we're not doing very well in the solutions department and that saddens me. I just hope that somewhere someone with more smarts than me has some viable ideas on how to fix this mess because if there isn't we're TOAST.

Once again, my apologies.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't believe there are solutions and that the items that you suggest are merely pragmatic things that might be done to solve tactical issues confronting society.

Darwinism is the only solution to our problems. It strikes me as odd as the folks who rail that strongest against religion and the strongest supporters of Darwinism are the exact same people (liberals and progressives) who wish to take extremely activist steps to essentially negate the natural order of the evolution of our species. You may think that for some reason, man needs to take what ever steps we need to take to assist and "rescue" other men and if you do I respect that view. I don't share it, but I respect it. Be mindful that there is not another species on this planet, nor has there ever been one who goes to such extremes and allocates such a large portion of their resources in such a manner.

I'm on the fence and if pushed I would likely opt to continue to allocate the resources to help my fellow man. I am not on the fence however in that I think that will ultimately be our downfall. You can not maintain a natural order where an increasing percentage of resources are allocated to the maintenance of portions of the population. Such a world view simply can not be maintained indefinately.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

I see that as the problem in the first place. The solutions are just that simple, getting people to be involved or care is the hard part. Those who abuse us rely on the fact people in general are apathetic and easily lead by the nose. The simplest method is to keep us on different sides in practice, when in fact we are on the same side. It enables a tiny minority to dictate to the common sense majority.

Sorry if I misunderstood your intentions. My intention is never to get lots of responses but to get people to think beyond knee jerk reactions which I'm apparently guilty of in your case.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

You understand Capitalism then. That is Darwinism in this world. It is the answer. It must be tempered (or should be) with compassion however which is one of the things which makes us human.

Compassion is one of our evolutionary advantages. We care about our weak and infirm and find ways for them to continue to contribute. I see everything we are as part of our natural evolution and the US society as the best example of it. The Socialization of society is the antithesis of what is natural for us. That is why it always fails so miserably.

We cower before our critics when in fact it is they who have it wrong. All the evidence points to that. The periods where we found the best balance between survival of the fittest and compassion for our fellow humans is when we do the best.

It shows up in all aspects of our society and I think you and I are not too far apart.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The only thing I would like to comment on is education, seeing as I am a former teacher. Schools in this country have become nothing but indoctrination centers pushing a political agenda one way or another. What we teachers (or ex-teachers) are being told is to teach these children how to take a test, just so state governments can line their pockets for their expensive jets, secretaries and aids, and possibly call girls. It's deplorable in the fact that the children of this nation are NOT getting a proper education that involves the three "R's" as well as Fine Arts and Physical Education. The kids are leaving school with no real-world knowledge, seeing as there are no standardized tests in the real world. The first step is to take the bureaucracy out of education and start letting the teachers teach the things that matter. Teach them not only how to do math or who the first president of the US was, but teach them how to be people in a functioning society. That is what schools are lacking these days, and as long as the government pigs keep lining their pockets and pushing agendas, we will get none of that for our children.

This is the reason why I am no longer a teacher.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If I was in charge the big solution I would propose to start with would be real monetary reform.

Take back the government's right to create currency and credit. Tell the underlying holders of Federal Reserve banks we are done paying them and stop paying. End the fractional reserve system, but let privately owned banks continue at full reserve.

At that point the government would be compelled continually to issue enough currency (through social programs and infrastructure investment) to keep liquidity for private loans. If economic growth does not keep up with government money creation, taxes could be used to take money out of the system.

Ta-DaH!

Do I get a cookie?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Allow me to begin with a thanks to Blaine91555 for the thread. For my money it's turned out to be one of the more thought provoking threads I've read here at ATS.

There are some good ideas expressed and some not so good but the point is that the gray matter is churning and that's a good thing. Financial reform, overhauling education, good stewardship of the planet we'll leave to future generations- these are all excellent goals but there's a problem and it's not a small one.

It's time to put some legs on the ideas. I have a friend in Australia that groans about the influx of Islamic radicals who are bleeding the welfare system dry down there. I pointed him to an article in the British tabloid the Mail that had a couple of pictures of Islamic radical demonstrating in the streets and I pointed out the fact that they are in the streets making demands and all he does is compose bitchy emails. Irrespective of who is right or wrong I asked him who, because of their methods, would achieve their goals?

But it goes deeper than that and that's the point I'm going to try and make here. I've been a history buff most of my life and one of the things that I find incredulous is the fact that the American people are glued to their seats. As late as 1930 had the American people been hammered with what we've been beaten up with over the past ten years the rioting would be coast to coast. So, what's happened to us? I see a couple of possibilities.

One is that most of us are invested in the status quo. Meaning that Uncle Sam has kind of bought our silence. Whether it be with student loans, Pell grants, disability checks, welfare, tax breaks, food stamps- hell you name it and there's some kind of handout going on that nearly all of us have a vested and personal interest in seeing doesn't change. Uncle has something in the bag for everyone.

The second thing that I see as a possibility is much more sinister. I've thrown in a link to a two and a half minute Youtube video that I think everyone should see.

www.youtube.com...

If you watch it, and I hope that you do, I want you to imagine what you see being done happening on a national level. Ponder the number of ways that our minds can be reached nearly every moment of every day. If you see what I see in this with all of the implications and ramifications you'll never look at electronics the same way again. But then again I could be wrong, we may have reached the point that we've come to love our captors.

If we are, in fact, still capable of action then we need to come together as one and focus on a single issue that is life or death for all of us and attack it like means...well, life or death. So long as we are all on different tangents we have the strength of one and will accomplish nothing of import. But, acting together we have the collective strength of millions and if we can focus that power with laser precision there isn't a humanly force on this planet that can stop us. We live in a Les Nessman prison with imaginary bars and windows.

Being totally self reliant is a scary proposition at first but it is what we were designed to be. Strength is built upon success and success, by its very nature, cannot happen without action.

I just hope that we're not to late.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Who we become is definitely in a big way influenced by who teaches us and what we are taught. Education determines our futures in a major way.

It took a lot of years before I stopped, slapped myself on the forehead and realized much of what I was taught was simply not true.

We can't excuse the Parents role either. Many Parents are not much more than occasional babysitters. I consider myself blessed to have been a child in a time when being a Mother was considered a prestigious job and had great value. Before the need of a Lexus in the driveway outweighed peoples obligations to their own children. When a Father was involved in what happened with their children instead of how to escape their responsibilities to frequent a Club or Play Golf.

I've come to wonder how many will gladly turn over their responsibilities to the State should things deteriorate to that level.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kooch

All ideas get a cookie!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join