It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Guns from US citizen hands will be gone before 2012 IMO. I thought I heard something a few months back about American citizens having to disclose their guns in the next census forms. If this is true...I will try and find the link...then TPTB will know exactly who has the guns and then they will be able to confiscate them on the sly. It dosent have to be a mass gun culling, you know how the government works...intimidation,threats,and lies.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrateeze
Guns from US citizen hands will be gone before 2012 IMO. I thought I heard something a few months back about American citizens having to disclose their guns in the next census forms.

Another hoax.
Surely nobody believes this stuff? How many cries of 'wolf' before you get suspicious.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
wont happen in the US well i can never see it happening there will be a whole lot of dead ass confiscators

Just figured I would quote you and give you a bump because I agree completely.

This is just paranoia. Nobody is messing with your guns.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
does everyone know who owns most of our gun manufacturers
Cerberus

en.wikipedia.org...

that can't be good

they are the ones that train wrecked GM and Chrysler (thru GMAC)

dr

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyBelieve me, I had a SWAT team surround my house a couple of years ago! You better be polite, negotiable, and submissive! No need to fight a battle on their terms, on their time table, and against an overwhelming force!

Well, about 50% of Americans own firearms. Deploying the SWAT teams to confiscate firearms is a little impractical - even when you consider deploying the National Guard - it's not good. Look at our operations in Somalia, Afghanistan, etc; and many civilian militias (organized expressly for the defense of the people's interest separate of government-established chains of command) are better equipped than our own military is (with regards to infantry - your bread&butter of any conflict).

If a SWAT team, or a Guard Unit comes to your house to get guns, by God, give them exactlly what they are looking for! Hopefully, you have several other stashes they don't know about, or you are well-connected to others that do! If you must fight a little later down the road, you can plan and strategize to do it on your own terms, when you have the advantage.

As a member of the Reserves, who has friends working in police departments (training SWAT teams, even) and with many friends and contacts in the military - I have to say that we would not enforce a gun-ban on ourselves or our own families. I might hop in the hum-vee and knock on doors - but write down on the form that you were recently burglarized in a string of inevitable burglaries by criminal factions to obtain firearms, that you weren't home, etc.

And I would only do that where people know me. I wouldn't put on a uniform and walk around knocking on doors if there was an attempt at enforcing a gun ban. That's equivalent to suicide. And to be honest - too many people in the military (guard, reserve, active, or otherwise) like their guns to try to enforce a firearms ban.

In that respect - it's not going to happen. Someone might sign some paperwork, but you are not going to see much of any enforcement.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I live someplace where rifles are not allowed and I know of people who might or might not have rifles anyway if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Remember the said oath, to uphold the Constitution?
Your local sheriff has more power then the president.
He said the oath, and no FBI CIA NSA can come to your home.
Without a deputy or the sheriff. The Marshall's can come
and arrested you without the sheriff. Not sure where the Marshall's
get their authority from tho?
All those who said the oath, would be breaking their word and the
Constitution.
Sorry, I do not see this happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
... never say never.. not too long ago you could carry lighters and sometimes even a pocket knife on a plane.. now, you can barely take your toothpaste.. if you'd have told people 10 years ago, one day they'd let absolute strangers feel up their wives and daughters, they'd have told you over my dead body, but now.. they look the other way.. don't even care. they don't see anything wrong with giving up rights and liberties in the name of national security and personal safety... that's all it'll take...one day, a day which i hope never comes, they will try to take them.. and the majority of americans will let them, that's just the way it is, people wanna feel safe, it doesn't matter whether they are or not.. they just want to FEEL safe.. and to most people making sure criminals don't have guns is the best way to do it..

and for those talking about "poppin' a cap" (making funny sideways gun motion), it's not that easy. hollywood and inflated egos would have us believe it's easy to do. but, even just shooting at a person is nerve racking. let alone the idea of actually taking another person's life. there have been plenty of homeowners found murdered, in their homes, gun in hand, with 'ner' shot fired..

BUT, don't forget.. this IS the united states of america... we have a few things on our side...

our founding fathers were smart enough to know one day this might happen... so they gave us the tenth amendment...
[url=tenth amendment centertenth amendment center[/url]

for those who don't know, the tenth amendment basically gives each state the right to nullify federal laws.

and while it might not be plastered all over the nightly news, we have one hell of a black market..... so even if they take 'em.. they won't be gone..

but, being as all the links were old, except the email from the gun rights "group", who are probably just trying to scam money, i wouldn't worry..

but, on the other hand..ehh, well.. that's prolly best left for another thread...
edit on 20-11-2010 by notsofast because: bad link

edit on 20-11-2010 by notsofast because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2010 by notsofast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
They have been trying for decades to get of your 2nd amendment. Who knows if they ever will?

The problem i have is your murders keep police in jobs, and the gun sales is what they want.

Alot of what goes on is not logical, but we will see.

I still think they are making humans soft in the mind, so will you lot be able to use those weapons you all love so much anyway? Who knows.
edit on 11/20/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When this treaty reached the US, I personally want to see how "the authority" confiscate firearms from "Southerner folks"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Hoard your guns! Keep a couple registered, and willingly give them up, no need to go out in a blaze of glory! Give them the "registered" guns and thank them for making you safer.

Don't ever tell anybody about the dozens of other guns that you bought here and there without registering!! Let "Them" have the false sense of security. Let them overestimate their own strategy, intelligence, and power. Let them underestimate the true will of the people!

Make sure that you know of other people like yourself, and continue to live your life in your own best interest and the best interest of your close knit group and local community. Buy local, participate local, volunteer local, educate, build, protect your local resources. If we all do this, their power evaporates!

What a load of BS. You Americans will just lie down and take it. Just like you are doing with everything the US gov is inflicting on you. FEMA camps, TSA abuse and molestation, Fed Monetary Rip offs the list goes on. You will not defend you OWN rights.

The right to bear ARMS is your right and privilege. Yet you let these people walk all over you.

You list a strategy for handing over "registered" guns and hoarding the rest. You make me laugh as there is nothing you will do with them after. You say, lead them in to a false sense of security? They will KILL you all and nothing you can do will stop them unless you fight back with Deadly force NOW. Not later when all your guns are gone. NOW

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
When this treaty reached the US, I personally want to see how "the authority" confiscate firearms from "Southerner folks"

I seem to remember two wars against iraq army and they gave up cough cough after a few days virtuially in the real war scenario.

How did so many soldiers just gve up without a fight?

Ask yourself that. People with weapons gave up and did nothing and they where supposed to be his best trained guards.

I wonder how they got to give up without much of a fight, lol. Cough cough.

Did they also go soft in the mind, also like how western people are, lol. You have no idea what weapons are out there, lol.

Will you be able to even want to use them, how did iraqs best army group just give up, when they supposedly wanted to fight to the death against the americans, lol.

You have no idea.

Do you get to understand how iraqs best soldiers gave up without doing anything?

All you southeners or what have you have no idea.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

If only it were already illegal for them to sell guns to those places.. Oh #. It already is!!!

This isn't going to stop genocide, theres millions of guns floating around, and thats not going to change because of some in-effective UN agreement.

You want to stop the civil wars? You need to kill the people who start them. They kill most of those people with machetes anyways..

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
there will be war over this
if they try to take Americans guns.
The UN or NATO neither one has
the jurisdiction to take that
property that belongs to me
and is granted to me by God and
the 2nd Amendment. This is coming
to a head very soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85

They will do it with EASE. The US gov and its Police force and military force will CRUSH you citizens like nats on a old man b***s.

This is how, YOU have ZERO chance.

The US has mother load of Armed and Riot police and weapons. You lot will just be extinguished. All cry like these little students during the 2009 G20.

Good bye gun laws.
edit on 20-11-2010 by darkdays4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
there will be war over this
if they try to take Americans guns.
The UN or NATO neither one has
the jurisdiction to take that
property that belongs to me
and is granted to me by God and
the 2nd Amendment. This is coming
to a head very soon.

Another misguided person.

Firstly there is NO god and only the foolish believe so.

YOUR god is a black man in a white building. Signing away your rights.

Your gov will terminate everyone of you as easy as the easiest thing possible.

Your gov is ruthless, especially to its own people. You will readily hand over your guns when they come for them.

Nothing YOU can do what-so-ever.

And I wish you lot would stop quoting your BS constitution.
ITS GONE.....GOODBYE....its of no importance. The sooner you realize they have wiped their butts with that piece of paper the quicker you lot will wake up and do something NOW.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ask all you southeners, how iraqs best soldiers gave up in 2 wars and did not want to fight?

They are real soldiers not like you guys, and when it came to the time americans just walked in there, lol.

You have no idea of what techs are here today.

Can you use your gun if your mind is scrambled. cough cough.

Americans have no idea what there gov could do and the techs they have.

You people will not do anything, if the ptb want to take them things off you. America fought two wars against iraqs best soldiers,a nd what did they do, nothing. The best soldiers dd not even fight back.

Its all in the mind, and if that day ever comes, you will have no chance, especially what tehy can do today, lol.

You can tell all your southern peopel, that if american gov used teh weapons they have on you, you would not be standing,a nd you would be lying down crying like babies, with your mind so mashed. Do you think you can fight back if your mind was absolutely scrambled, i would say absolutely not. You would be in an absolute daze.

All this talk about how americans will fight back is rubbish. If the ptb used there techs on you, you would be like everyone else.

These people made boris yeltsin the russian president into a moron, after endless amounts of weapons being used on him. SO you think you have a chance, lol. If the russian pres cannot be protected neither can anyone on earth from such things.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darkdays4u

So, i have had to put up with what techs they have.

Ask russians about how boris yeltsin was called a zombie, after being bombarded with weapons. The president of russia could not be protected from these things and they turned him into a moron, who could not do virtually anything.

You think you have a chance. Just ask yourself why did the iraq revolutionary guard give up without fighting in two wars against the american military?

You can tell all your southern people you have no chance what so ever. If these people wanted to take your weapons they would, and you would just stand there in a daze.

There is no protection against the weapons these people have.

Is this more clearer for you?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy1033 and darkdays4you, you sound like the same person, being paid the spurt the same drivel over and over again.

Go play in the sand while the intelligent people discuss a serious issue

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join