It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Captain and RA......I am not disagreeing with you, not in the slightest. I am just saying that if the people fall needlessly one at a time, there will be no resistance. One man against an army is a waste. when they come looking for a fight, you won't stand a chance, but once they think they have won, then it is time to strike!

Bide your time, meet your neighbors, make your contingency plans, find out how and where to hide weapons and ammo. Join the Masons, or the Tea Party, or the Moose Lodge, or the Militia, or whatever people in your local area share your views!

If each individual is mowed down in their own home, nobody benefits! Play it smart! Sun Tzu style!

Ahh, i see. I do agree, that there is a time and a place, and that many has more power than one.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken

Well....I seem to remember something called WWI and these really neat guys called the SS...

[edit on 1/13/10 by RecentlyAwaken]

It was WW2, not 1.
Second line good as the first

I had WWII at first, and thought it was wrong and changed it to WWI.

thanks for the clarification!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

In my SWAT standoff, my dog kept them out of the backyard as well! And, to their credit, they scaled the fence quickly, and they did not shoot the dog. That would have changed the whole scenario!

They were polite, and they were respectful, and so was I, and they got what they wanted, and nobody got hurt. Since that day, my strategy, and my neighbors, and my thought-process has changed! That was some valuable experience! I could not have held out against that force. Not even with 2 grown men, 2 women, the dog, the AK's, the Riot Shot Guns, etc. There were too many of them, there was even a helicopter, and they had armor that I didn't have, and I was surrounded, but they were not. I didn't stand a chance!

Now, if an equivalent situation occured, I have a better network of friends, better fortification, better arms, and better strategy. I could look at it differently.

I could "choose" to comply, if I felt it was better to fight another day, or I could "choose" to peacefully resist, bide my time while informing my network to come to my defense, or I could "choose" to violently resist, whole up in the house and by the time my support arrived, so would their support, and then it would be up to the will of the neutral people and the press!

I don't want to depend on that 3rd scenario, not unless Doomsday has arrived and there is absolutely no other alternative!

In all likelihood, I would still comply peacefully, befriend them, thank them for their service, remember as many names and faces as possible, and afterwards, I would continue to tweak my situation, and I would know victory was assured before I went to get my guns back!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well if the fools are that ignorant to do it... then lets just get it on.... I said once that when and if i see little blue helmets in my streets...that becomes the day i start laying little blue helmets in the gutters...

These damn fools are going to start something that they will not win... period

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Go ahead. Good luck getting the guns out of the hands of criminals much less law abiding citizens.

I actually laughed when i read this. I live in the country and carrying a rifle is as American as apple pie and flying the flag..both Old Glory and the Southern Dixie.

"From my COLD DEAD HANDS!" Charles Heston said it the best!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
FBI estimates over 200 million guns in private citizen hands. Come get em.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
well i got 15000 grand coming to me buy end of week and they will have a gun show on jan 22 in my town i guess i might need to go shopping then in febuary i will have a mysterious breakin and all my guns and my computer and camera equipment will get stolen. officer do you have home owners insurance no officer i never knew i needed it. can't confiscate what u don't have right i hope nobody was reading did oops my bad

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It sounds to me as it is the military industry lobby trying to keep their international markets open and untouched. They scare people with the threat of gun confiscation to make them send letters against this deal... Cheap mass manipulation IMHO.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They can take my guns if they want....
But they have to take the lead first. My family suffered in Cuba because they couldn't fight back. Here in America, we will fight back.

Come get 'em boys.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

That is true. However, you've got to be alive in order to do that... You won't be if you take on a swat team, or a guard unit on on their terms... Acquiesce...give 'em what they think they know about...move on... Your alive, and your real arsenal of democracy is safe. More importantly, you, your neighbors, and everyone else is still alive... A very important point.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

They are doing no such thing - try reading the text before posting it!
This move is to do with controlling the international arms trade, it has nothing to do with provate gun ownership on the US.

Who starts these hoaxes??

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

Too bad that those countries use weapons like the Ak-47, which is made in Russia, China, Romania, and Yugoslavia!

www.reuters.com...

Arms exporters China, Russia and Israel abstained last year in a U.N. vote on the issue.

So how do weapons made in the former and current communist regions end up in these wars?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I'll give you that one...but the object here is to defeat the oppressor BEFORE SWAT arrives

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
wont happen in the US well i can never see it happening there will be a whole lot of dead ass confiscators

no doubt.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
FBI estimates over 200 million guns in private citizen hands. Come get em.

ATF about 3 years back estimated about 300 million known legal weapons and near to 750 million they are not sure about.... so it ought to get interesting

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

That is true. However, you've got to be alive in order to do that... You won't be if you take on a swat team, or a guard unit on on their terms... Acquiesce...give 'em what they think they know about...move on... Your alive, and your real arsenal of democracy is safe. More importantly, you, your neighbors, and everyone else is still alive... A very important point.

nope... they bleed just like any other person... and they are not supermen... but no one would want to and i am not saying that it would be right... but you do what ever it is that is needed to survive...

and i agree... i have one gun they can have... an old 38 special...and the many others are all safely stashed in very secure locations

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Go ahead. Good luck getting the guns out of the hands of criminals much less law abiding citizens.

I actually laughed when i read this. I live in the country and carrying a rifle is as American as apple pie and flying the flag..both Old Glory and the Southern Dixie.

"From my COLD DEAD HANDS!" Charles Heston said it the best!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

Well said. At a bare minimum, I carry a .40 S&W and a 12 ga. shotgun in the rack of my p/u. I will not give any of my weapons up. Even the old .45-.70 that doesn't fire will remain w/ me. I will not even give up the pellet pistol by my front door (for critter chasing) as a proxy. The "Right to bear arms" is a part of the Bill of Rights. It is not an amendment, it was an original part of the Constitution. I would truly like to see the politician that tried to infringe upon that right. Their time on this planet would be short.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Yes, they do bleed. So do you. They're very well trained, too. Are you? There's gonna be dozens of them, how many of you? Comes a time when discretion is the better part of valor. Or...live to fight another day.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by lilwolf

Yes, they do bleed. So do you. They're very well trained, too. Are you? There's gonna be dozens of them,

There aren't going to be any of "them" because this ban is a hoax.
Try and keep up.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My most humble apologies for having a discussion with another member...

I fully realize, thanks for attempting to remind me though, that this sort of thing is very unlikely...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join