It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. R.C. Soles Pulls Out Gun, Blows Criminal Away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Fascist Soup reports:

Of course, the senator is an extreme leftist gun grabber, which also makes him an extreme leftist hypocrite.

Guns are only for the elite and privileged! Only those with millions in the bank and political power should have the right to defend themselves with firearms!

Throughout history, tyrants have disarmed the populace while arming themselves along with surrounding themselves with private armies of security.

You should take a moment to write the senator a letter asking him how he can wake up in the morning and look at himself in the mirror.

Chuck Baldwin, libertarian presidential candidate 08, reports:

I think we need to face it: 2010 is more than a new year; it is also part of a new era in which all vestiges of normalcy and common sense have been left behind. In other words, it is a madhouse out there. Let me give you some examples of what I’m talking about.

Example Number One: In the world of anti-gun elitists, only common people are not allowed to defend themselves.

According to the Richmond (North Carolina) Times-Dispatch, “A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.

“Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.”

According to the report, “Batten says the shooting occurred when two men went to the senator’s house and tried to kick in his front door. No charges have been filed.”

Now, don’t get me wrong. If the fellows were indeed breaking into his home, I’m glad the senator defended himself with a firearm. The miscreant deserved to be shot. Chalk up another one for the right to keep and bear arms. “What’s the problem?” you ask. The problem is, the good senator is one of the most anti-gun politicians in North Carolina. According to gun owners in NC, Soles has made a career out of opposing lawful gun ownership for the general public. In other words, in R.C. Soles’ world, his life is worth defending with a firearm, but your life or family (and mine) can go ahead and rot.

Soles is typical of Big-Government elitists who will allow themselves the luxury of all kinds of personal protection, while denying it for the common man. They hire professional bodyguards (does anyone remember Ted Kennedy’s personal bodyguard who was caught trying to take multiple loaded weapons–and over 100 rounds of ammunition–into the Capitol Hill building a few years back?); build exotic security fences and surveillance systems; and personally obtain firearm permits that are routinely denied the common person. Then they gladly take millions of dollars from gun control zealots to finance their Big-Government, anti-freedom agendas.

My question is, how does an elitist gun grabber like R.C. Soles get elected and reelected in the great State of North Carolina?

Good question Chuck.

The people have been brainwashed and cowed into submission, that’s how.

My letter to Sen. Soles:

Dear Sen. Soles,

It has come to my attention that you recently shot an intruder who was breaking into your home in the middle of the night.

It has also come to my attention that you have a horrible track record on gun rights.

I hope you take a moment to reflect on your previous policies of disarming of the public. Guns are a tool that can be used for good or evil. Banning guns does nothing but disarm the good and arm the bad. I hope your recent situation drives this point home.

The public is safer when good god fearing people carry weapons.

Thanks for your time in reading this letter.

I extend my sympathies to you and your family for what you have had to go through.

Thanks,

Michael Suede

This gun grabbing grandpa just blew away a criminal intruder, but he wants to make sure your daughter gets gang rapped by thugs in her own home while you’re laying on the floor bleeding from multiple gun shot wounds being forced to watch.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link

[edit on 13-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
He's not a hypocrite. Neither is Stallone for donating thousands to the Brady bunch all the while packing himself or Rosie for having armed bodyguards everywhere she goes.

Reason has a nice article about the politicians in Chicago who refuse to disarm but force everyone else to.

They honestly believe they are a superior class. No lies, no hypocrisy. We are all scum not fit to breathe their air.

Voters need to get it in their heads that no politician cares about them or wants them to be safe or free or anything. They all hate every last one of us.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
He's not a hypocrite. Neither is Stallone for donating thousands to the Brady bunch all the while packing himself or Rosie for having armed bodyguards everywhere she goes.

Reason has a nice article about the politicians in Chicago who refuse to disarm but force everyone else to.

They honestly believe they are a superior class. No lies, no hypocrisy. We are all scum not fit to breathe their air.

Voters need to get it in their heads that no politician cares about them or wants them to be safe or free or anything. They all hate every last one of us.

Praise Mao, I agree completely.

In future articles I shall rephrase my speech accordingly.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ah, the irony of it all. Best thing that can happen. Chalk one up for the 2nd amendment. I think this is a win-win situation myself, except for the morons that tried to kick in his door. But then again that is entirely their fault.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Someone I know once had someone try to break into their apartment. They were using a knife to slide the bolt and after about 35 seconds he was successful. He opened the door to a shotgun pointed at his head.

As he ran down the stairs the victim put a load of trap load into his ass, never even bothered to call the cops.

Who needs a cop when you have a gun? Oh, they should have called them to protect them, yeah right. Probably would of spent days dealing with them.

Whenever a story like this comes up I think about that guy. Hope to hell it was as painful as I imagine. Digging that shot out must have hurt like hell.

Hopefully he got infections also.

edit for reasons

[edit on 1/13/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Sounds like your a criminal that needs to be executed.

Only police enforcers, elite bureaucrats, and Goldman Sachs bankers should be allowed to carry guns!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You know, two years ago was the statute of limitations on that incident and my friend said he never told anyone but his family.

Cops are good for one thing, enforcing statutes on citizens. That is it.

Pad their conviction ratings with dope smokers and traffic tickets.

You cannot tell I am sick of government can you?

edit to add-I actually looked this up long ago and talked to a LEO about it, he had said it falled under the felony possibility

here is the statute for WI

Statute: 939.74

Summary: The following sets forth the applicable crimes and the time period within which a prosecution must commence thereafter.

Felonies:

* Homicide: N/A
* 1st degree intentional or reckless homicide, murder: N/A
* Intentional causing of bodily harm, recklessly causes bodily harm, failing to prevent bodily harm, mental harm, enticement causing bodily or mental harm, or giving or selling a controlled substance to a child: before child reaches the age of 26
* Others: 6 years
* Sexual assault, physical abuse causing, sexual exploitation, incest, enticement of, or solicitation for prostitution of a child: before victim reaches 31 years if age
* If DNA evidence collected and can identify offe

edit for reasons

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I once had someone try to break into my apartment. They were using a knife to slide the bolt and after about 35 seconds he was successful. He opened the door to a shotgun pointed at his head

Who needs a cop when you have a gun? Oh, I should have called them to protect myself, yeah right. Probably would of spent days dealing with them.

Whenever a story like this comes up I think about that guy.

Hopefully he got infections also.

That's a great story!! It is a fact that where the general populace is armed,there is less violent crime. You don't see much home invasion in the rural south.

edit to sanitize

[edit on 13-1-2010 by daddyroo45]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

My father use to load our shotgun shells and he loaded rock salt for dogs and home defense.

Some may think rock salt would not be so bad.

Rock salt is pretty hard stuff and at least as large as 00 buck. So the guy was lucky I did not have any old loads from the farm. I might not of shot if they were though.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah I'm from WI.

I just moved to the superior fascist state of CA for the weather and women.

Just before Doyle shut down the carry bill.

What a pile of crap that guy is.

Thompson wasn't that much better but I think he would have signed the bill if he was still around.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Absolutely right! Just like seat belt laws, they were passed by and for the benefit of the insurance companies. The politicians don't care who has an obituary in the paper, as long as it's not their own.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

He may have shut down the carry bill, does not mean it is still not legal. You did hear about the case down in Beloit(I think)?

Anyway, I asked my County Sheriff if they have problems with people and open carry. No problem. He stated they push their officers not to harass anyone open carrying. He also stated he would rather have open carry then concealed.

California, I left there Sept 08. It was the land of Sun and Fun. Too much so. Fresno is where I was at. Wonderfully desert like. Will not miss it at all.

I did not bring any of my guns with, left them in storage because of their laws. I got stuck in two hostile lock downs there. Nut jobs causing havoc and the only way for the cops to do anything is to militarize a 4 block radius.

Then their checkpoints. Took 6 hours one night to get home. 5 miles from home and hit two checkpoints.

If someone wants to learn what a fascist militarized city looks like, go to Fresno.

The only thing I miss is going to the restaurants and nightclubs in the late evening. Some good food and good times.

Later.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here in North carolina any non-felon may OPEN carry their weapons without facing arrest. Of course cops hate it and will attempt to bluff and lie and try to get you to conceal ( if you have a license) or get rid of your protections...but if you stand firm and defy the liars and insist on being booked for an offense you will see the cops slink away with their lies exposed.

Open carry is the ultimate best defense: if criminals knew that virtually everyone was armed and ready to defend themselves and their neighbors, we would see a drammatic reduction in all types of crimes. A thief or killer does not want to operate knowing that anyone within sight probably is armed and ready to take them out, and open carry by everyone would mean a much politer and well protected society.

Every state should allow open carry, and no one, even felons, should be stopped from open carry as long as they have not committed a firearms offense or are mentally ill. That would change society and fast....and for the better.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Criminals conceal, free men wear their arms out in the open.

Its a shame our country has devolved into such tyranny that free men must be forced to act like criminals with permission from the State.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I was just thinking about that situation in the past, I just wonder how many people have done the same thing he did.

If someone defends themselves, another or their property and have heard about other people that have been vilified, how likely is it that their are not thousands that have not called the cops.

We know that in certain instances that people do not report crime when they are victims, but what about if they defended themselves.

Something to think about, I know his reasoning was that he was sure, he would get charged with something.

Also, the MSM is not going to cover these things, it shows people do not have to be victims.

I wonder how often these things are not reported.

edit for reasons

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

According to Lott, it happens with a huge amount of frequency.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I find dark humor in this.

January 7, 2010

North Carolina Senator R.C. Soles has been indicted for shooting Kyle Blackburn. A grand jury has indicted R.C. Soles for assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury, a felony charge which carries a maximum sentence of 31 months in prison. R.C. Soles, 74, shot Kyle Blackburn, a 22-year-old man, in the leg at Soles' house; R.C. Soles claims he was acting in self-defense, and that Kyle Blackburn was trying to break into the house.

R.C. Soles, a Democrat and North Carolina's longest-serving senator, was known for being a gun-control advocate.

The Soles shooting took place in August.

I'm personally glad to see NC standing up for the rights of criminals. Now Sole's can reap what he has sown.

A government of criminals eventually eats its own.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

If everyone carried firearms we would see a reduction in crime yes, VIOLENT crimes and home invasions.
As for Congress, the insurance industry and the banks they will still continue their criminal activiies. How to get them to stop is not so easy to answer.

PS felons are not allowed to buy firearms or carry them.
[edit on 13-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Doesn't the statute of limitations begin from when the crime is discovered? That would mean by law enforcement. If the guy wanted to track you down and turn you in tomorrow, then wouldn't the statue of limitations begin... tomorrow?

I am sure the law varies state by state, but from some general perusing of articles, it seems to be the case for felonies, which most would claim your actions to have been.

Under Wisconsin law a statute of limitations
begins to run when the plaintiff discovers or
should have discovered both his injury and the
person who, and the act that, were the probable
cause of the injury. See Borello v. U.S. Oil Co.,
388 N.W.2d 140, 146 (Wis. 1986); Smith v.
Herrling, Myse, Swain & Dyer, Ltd., 565 N.W.2d
809, 811 (Wis. App. 1997); Wiskunas v. Birnbaum,
23 F.3d 1264, 1266 (7th Cir. 1994).

caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Libertygal]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join