It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Pandora May Be a Real Planet (Avatar)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

We also heard the same rumors about Steven Spielbergs "close encounters of the third kind", remember the scne on the mountain, everyone said it really happen, and that was his inspiration. C'mon..!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The person I saw the movie w/ said that he had had very similar "dreams" to what was depicted in the movie, almost like the writers had had the same dreams.

Personally, I think the planet might be based on Lyra, which is inhabited by felinoids, supposedly.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by someotherguy]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
dmt doesnt occur naturally in the body. you are thinking of seratonin.

I notice you've already been corrected but I just wanted to point out that it's actually fairly common knowledge (or so I thought) that '___' is produced by your body and released in certain quantities while you're a child up until adolescence, and then it is released again shortly before or right as you die.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So, Split, thanks for the U2U I really enjoyed it. Because i really enjoyed it I finally decided to watch the video you've been banging on about. I have two problems with it.

1. In 1994 people categorically did have TVs in Zimbabwe in that area. I have a number of family and friend ties north and south of Ruwa and by 1994 all the whites not only had TV at home but, swimming pools and they owned mobile phones for use when visiting the UK, Europe and other major cities. The school children are definitely middle class and would not have had to rely on one TV for the whole community. Every kid there had a TV at home. This was before the country collapsed.

2. The children in the video don't make credible witnesses to me. They appear to be reading off of a script that has been drummed into them by someone else. The leading questions from the guy doesn't help and some of the eye movements of the kids could be indicative of lying.

So as much as I would like to believe this case I have to come down on the side of the fence that says this didn't happen, or if it did happen it certainly wasn't aliens in a flying saucer. I could buy government or foreign power activities but not aliens. I wish it weren't so, but this is not another 'Dogon Tribe'.

I must admit to still being somewhat puzzled how we got here from Cameron's ludicrously cliched and unoriginal magnum opus. It actually angers me that there's not one scene, not one line, not one action that hasn't already been done to death elsewhere. I also didn't enjoy the way he's sold out and let this film be a brainwashing propaganda piece. I have no alternative than to mark him down as one of the enemy now. I seem to remember at one point after being attacked with arrows the army boss man actually spews this utter guff

"We will fight terror with terror."

COME ON!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Split404

It's said that Stanley Kubrick knew about UFO's and alien life because of the work he did with the NASA and the govt.. And that was one big reason why he was able to make the movies he did because he knew and also he knew that the govt. was suppressing it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I personally think this whole Avatar thing has gone way too far. I agree it was a great movie. But thats just it, It was only a movie.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
As I said in another thread....Avatar, while spectacular in its techno prowess, is just a simple, often told story about innocence, returning to nature, power and greed...wrapped in a package that reminds me of the combination of the movies "Dances with wolves" and Startrek...it is an old and often told tale...worthy of us to be reminded of because of it's simple and extreme truth.

Sometimes things are just not all that complicated. ...which makes it even more interesting ...because it reveals an age old truth we have yet to learn.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Not having seen this Flick. This thread has certainly stirred some curiosity.

I may have to go see it . Strike that. I will see it, holding to the belief that
it is just a movie.

I will come back to this thread, after I have seen Avatar, tomorrow.

I may say I feel it is more than a movie I might say I have the Avatar
blues. I might say it really was just a movie.
One of these three will be my opinion based on just going and watching it.
By myself. No distractions.
I want 10% of all the action.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Hey m0r,

Just to clarify Split404 has been put under review, for apparently going into detail about personal experiences with substances, when he was actually just rectifying a few errors from other posters.

Personally I can't find any reference to such a statement and I know that you guys were pretty much at a deadlock over the UFO/Cynthia Hide subject. Just wanted people to be aware that Split hasn't literally 'split' from the thread, but is currently unable to participate

[edit on 14-1-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

It makes me chuckle when people use 'assure' or 'trust me' in posts. The definiton of that word is [B]to inform positively, as to remove doubt[/B]

Yet the doubt in my mind still remains?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Not having seen this Flick. This thread has certainly stirred some curiosity.
I will come back to this thread, after I have seen Avatar, tomorrow.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by randyvs]

Please do, please tell us exactly what you think and how it effected you if it did at all. it will be interesting to see if it did sway your opinion.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It also wouldn't take much for a little girl to go: my alien was bald, I like him better with hair.

One thing children are good at is embellishing. Their little minds go at amazing speeds.

The other day I took my 4 year old to an art class and all the kids had to draw their rendition of Miror's: Portrait of a Lady.

As I looked at the pictures about the room, they were all amazingly different. My child got closer then some, someone else drew their family, one a fish aquarium. And another did a very amazing version similar but their own. It could of been a new style.

So for one, kids will put in their own interpretation.

And 2, to really get them to all draw something similar is pretty hard thing to do.

If these kids were simply told draw what they saw. fi the event wasn't important or didn't happen, they could of drawn the pond underneath it. Trees only, cfows in pastures, flowers. etc. To have each focused on one object means that object had to be pretty instense and awe inspiring to get them all to pay attention. If you ever watch a group of kids together: part are looking at something else. Part are trying to get their parents attention. Someone is playing with their shoes or buttons,and some maybe paying attention.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
Just to clarify Split404 has been put under review, for apparently going into detail about personal experiences with substances, when he was actually just rectifying a few errors from other posters.

Cheers for the update Crazy, hopefully Split will get his posting privileges back and add much gusto to the community. He was tenacious if nothing else and a little bit of that can add some real flavour to a topic. I wish him the best but will keep him from my reading at the moment.

Originally posted by nixie_nox
So for one, kids will put in their own interpretation.

And 2, to really get them to all draw something similar is pretty hard thing to do.

I agree Nixie, I'm only asking that my point of view be given as much credence as that of those who take it at face value. I didn't go into all that detail just to be a stick in the mud. Kids can lie, kids can make things up and the worst people to be around when that happens are people who wish to benefit from these tales. Had the 'investigator' done a better, more impartial, job of detailing their experiences perhaps I'd accept the given statement. As it is it reeks of self interest, avarice and ineptitude to boot.

It could be that the kids saw something very real that day - but could it also be possible that a lie has snowballed into something we are still talking about 15 years later?

-m0r

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

No worries. I think it's very possible this whole thing has snowballed over time, god only knows how many other things in our history are absolute crap that have just evolved from word of mouth over time. Unfortunately as with loads of UFO cases they normally aren't investigated properly from the outset and years later now it's a topic of real interest you can only get the individuals view who took the initial perspective, you can't get the straight facts.

I just think the one thing that held credibility for me in this was getting all of them to conform to one story which is still pretty remarkable for a group of kids (if it is complete bull) obviously that story broke down under closer scrutiny when further testiment was required than a story, I don't know if it's maybe asking a little too much of kids to do a solid representation of what they've seen though, I still think kids have a tendency to intensely exaggerate things, especially something that would be so exciting

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I just think the one thing that held credibility for me in this was getting all of them to conform to one story which is still pretty remarkable for a group of kids (if it is complete bull) obviously that story broke down under closer scrutiny when further testiment was required than a story, I don't know if it's maybe asking a little too much of kids to do a solid representation of what they've seen though, I still think kids have a tendency to intensely exaggerate things, especially something that would be so exciting

I agree completely and if you read Greg Paris' pre-postproduction review of the new documovie about the kids (and anyone else considered to be involved) all these years later you see that he notices the almost identical phrases and terminology being uttered by those involved which to him, someone who was unaware of the case altogether until the preview, indicates a level of that either a dumbing down for the audience, a well kept lie amongst a close group or a combination of both.

Like I say, it's not that it didn't happen. It's trying to discern fact from fiction in a properly abused investigation from the outset.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by oze bob

Well you can literally extract it from grass. It's cursing through the veins of everyone on the planet and for some reason its totally illegal, more illegal than heroin, coc aine you name it. Obviously there are no tests for finding it in the bloodstream because it's already there but if you are caught in possession of it or producing or selling it you are in deep trouble.

The weirdest thing is it was completely tested by a guy called Rick Straussman during the 70's I think it was. And it was given in small doses, being as in large doses the experience is more intense but your brain struggles to remember it, which is why most of the time you can't remember dreams or only remember fleeting details.

The most interesting part about this is obviously that it happens every single night when you sleep, and with near death experiences and when you actually die this stuff is pumped into your body. (Which I believe is the white light experience when people die, people seeing God in near death experiences etc)

There are a lot of respectable scientists who have tested this themselves before it was classified and a female scientist's description was one of the most interesting. She said that she had flown through space, not thought she had, but she said she felt flying through space, and meeting other beings that communicated with her. People can have life changing experiences with this drug, and it was used in the USA for a short period to help drug addicts go cold turkey, reason being that it made them seriously question their lives and the route they were taking, because it's such a philosophical trip, it's not like how TV paints pychedelics as swirling colours and people thinking they are a Mars bar and for some reason Jimi Hendrix is always playing on loop.

This substance is phenomenal, and I call it a substance still not a drug, its naturally occuring. Same as marijuana, another mind stimulant that is illegal purely because it makes you question the status quo, same reason alcohol is plugged to the masses, its a depressant, keeps all the idiots under control, not like the mind freeing substances that funnily enough are all illegal.

Dr Straussman recommended strongly that tryptamine not be made illegal, but the US government took absolutely no note of his recommendation, another panel of scientists made the same recommendation with '___' and obviously this drug is more dangerous, but that's because its not an untouched small dosage that hits the streets of our countries but a dirty substitute, probably mixed with amphetamines, paracetamol, whatever.

Mushrooms are another one, naturally occuring, abused by idiots who don't know what they're doing to their body, so now they're banned for the rest of us who have more than 3 brain cells and want to stimulate our minds and broaden our horizons.

Mushrooms interestingly also have a near identical molecular make-up to tryptamine, if I remember rightly the only difference is the addition of an oxygen atom.

It's such a damn shame, can you honestly say if it was legal you wouldn't be spending a few nights a week flying around in your own world, from the comfort of your own living room?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

that was the most concise essay on psychedelics ive ever read- thank you.
what is your speculation about the difference in the mushroom/dmt oxygen atom's effect on the brain? will it turn one into a free radical or just a radical

i like your description of psychedelics as soft and gooey, feel-good marketing. hilarious.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by IandEye]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
dmt doesnt occur naturally in the body. you are thinking of seratonin.

'___' and other psychotropic drugs trigger a massive release of seratonin.

'___' occurs in alot of plants and vines globally.

'___' stands for Dymethyltriptamine for those who require more information

LOL.
Actually you just owned yourself, as '___' occurs in our bodies in trace amounts.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

It makes me chuckle when people use 'assure' or 'trust me' in posts. The definiton of that word is [B]to inform positively, as to remove doubt[/B]

Ok I'm late, but I saw it and I'm hear to honour my word. Saw it in 3D.
My God that is one awesome movie. Enjoyed it start to finish. If I could
say I thought it was more than a movie I would. I even wish I could.
I don't even see what's up with this Avatar blues thing though.
I will go as far as to say it is a masterpiece. James Cameron my hat's
off to you on this one. Stunning.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Just like George Lucas I believe that he has had to some black government information about true planets or there is a force out there trying to awaken us through Hollywood.

The reason that Star Wars hits home with us is that there is a truth underneath it all. According to some contactees, there was a 6000 year Human/Angelic against Reptilian/Draconian war. If we are truly reincarnating then all this knowledge is within our psychie.

When we see information that is closer to the truth we are drawn to it. Pandorna is a case in point. Maybe it has to do with the Matrix movie theme that we are in a wail of forgetfulness and that we see multiple layers to this world.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
Just like George Lucas I believe that he has had to some black government information about true planets or there is a force out there trying to awaken us through Hollywood.

The reason that Star Wars hits home with us is that there is a truth underneath it all. According to some contactees, there was a 6000 year Human/Angelic against Reptilian/Draconian war. If we are truly reincarnating then all this knowledge is within our psychie.

When we see information that is closer to the truth we are drawn to it. Pandorna is a case in point. Maybe it has to do with the Matrix movie theme that we are in a wail of forgetfulness and that we see multiple layers to this world.

yeah theres a movie called Enemy Mine that talks about the the Human Reptilian Race called none other than Dracs! in a very Long War! but this movie is a Space Adaption of ! a Movie Called Hell in the Pacific ( 1968 ) with a Twist of a Baby Very good movie

Enemy Mine Trailer (1985)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join