It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parrot’s iPhone-controllable AR.Drone will result in UFO sightings everywhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The story:

The AR.Drone from Parrot is a remote-controlled flying machine that’s made of plastic and foam and is about the size of a pizza pan. It’s got two on-board cameras that stream video directly to your iPhone with translucent touch controls overlaid atop the video. So you literally see what the drone sees and can make it spin around and go up and down using the onscreen controls. Steering is handled by the iPhone’s accelerometer. It’s all very, very cool.

Parrot wouldn’t budge when it came to pricing and only said it’d be available “sometime this year.” We’ll post more info as we get it over the coming weeks and months.www.crunchgear.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efda5844454d.png[/atsimg]

Company Site

Whole bunch of more videos

Anyhoot, I'm not really a UFO "guy" but I ran into this and thought it was pretty neat and would be useful to keep it in the vault for later in the year when the thing goes to market.

Cheers.

[edit on 13 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Wow , it almost even looks like a UFO, I'm sure it will be mistaken for one by many , many people.
I have a remote controlled toy thats slightly smaller and thst constantly being mistaken for a UFO as I fly it around my frontroom.
Right sarcastic mode off.
These things are difficult to fly and I really can't see how they'd be mistaken, well maybe by Stevie Wonder , but most rational people will realise its a toy, as it'll be slow, unwieldy and going up and down a lot.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Small epectric RC helicopters have been around for years, this WILL NOT cause any more UFO sightings than anything else. However, this may be used to replace the aging explanations of swampgas and meteors.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Nice little toy, but only would be mistaken as a UFO by the really, really imaginative people. Then again, with some of the quality of threads that seem to pop up in the Aliens and UFOs section these days, you never know. At least we have a thread to point to that explains what it is when we see those threads pop up now.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
That thing is too cool. You can bet ill get my hands on one as soon as it comes out. I think they can only go a few meters off the ground, not high enough to be mistaken as a ufo.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Cool! I wonder what the police will do if they find you flying it in the city? It can do real damage if it hits someone in the face.

Unless they start using anti-gravity for propulsion I doubt it will be mistaken for a UFO. But then again chinese lanterns fool people all the time.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It may, but it will only get the attention other tiny-dot UFOs get, which is not much. The only way to see this as a UFO is if you close enough to see it (it's not all that large), but not too far away either. And the only way it will be posted is as a dot. It will obvious if too close. So as a small dot UFO, well... there isn't much you can say about any of those. Birds, bugs, RC stuff, they never prove a thing.

Of course, more people might attach readily available LED lights to it, and fly it around at night, so might see more hoaxes at any rate.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There are more UFOs than any and all iPhone or other remote vehicles.
The remotes are as restricted as sending of balloons without boys in them.
And the radios are restricted and will never go the 100 miles on
long island as first accomplished by Tesla. And never the way Tesla
did with wireless power. What ever happened to wireless power.
We do not do WP as it is essential to UFO power drives.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The greatest peeping tom invention ever!LOL

I can see the headlines now. "As i was getting undressed some small unworldly craft was looking at me through me window. As I looked outside i saw a creature hiding behind a bush".

I have a huge feeling that thing will get exploited and cause privacy concerns.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by deanorw]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok, I want one...

This little bugger would be OUTSTANDING in our woodsball (real paintball for men) tournament weekends. The advantage of having it would be awesome, especially when moving squads into unsecured areas. All it needs is a nice "realtree" camo pattern on it.

As for people thinking it's a UFO, I don't think it will make much difference seeing as the general portion of the population can't tell the difference between a commercial airliner and a paper plane anyways...

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Ok, I want one...

This little bugger would be OUTSTANDING in our woodsball (real paintball for men) tournament weekends. The advantage of having it would be awesome, especially when moving squads into unsecured areas. All it needs is a nice "realtree" camo pattern on it.

Very considerate of you to provide a flying target for the opposition to practice on
. Or maybe you hook up a paint grenade to it and call it the Predator Junior.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Hahahaha, to funny. It never occurred to me how many of the guys would be taking pot shots at it as it hovers just above the tree line taking pics of them... A modification for it to carry and release a paint grenade is in order! It opens up a whole new area of the game actually, being able to call in "paint strikes" lmao...

top topics

join