It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are athiests always slagging of christians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

No, just because i question a faith and it acts dosen't make me a bigot! I have questioned Christianity in the past, and guess what i wasn't called a bigot. Your only a bigot if you question Islam and the Quran.

You come into a thread about Christianity vs. Atheists. The first thing you mention is what? Islam? You really don't expect to be attacked in any way, shape or form?

Why? The way they treat human beings. Dose christianity still stone people? Dose Christianity still cut peoples heads off? I don't believe people should be treated that way and like i said if it was happening in Christianity i would be on to them the same way. Show me videos of people being treated in christianity like they do in Islam.

The fact that you even said that leads me to believe you either forgot what I've posted earlier or haven't even bothered reading the articles I linked to. Yes, Christians today are still doing those same things. Hell, I bet you aren't even aware that some Christian women wear head veils as well. There is a religious REASON for why they do. Islam women aren't being forced, the same reason exists within their religion.

So i see a problem in Islam and the Qu'ran and i want to question it, how do i go about it without being called a bigot? Would it help if i go away and question Christianity first then come back and do Islam? JUST to show that i'am not a bigot.

It would help if you could have stayed on topic of the thread. This isn't a thread for Muslim/Islam bashing. This isn't a thread for bitching about how you may not understand some aspects of Islam and how you think those aspects might be wrong. You want to bitch about Muslims and Islam, then go to a thread about them or create a new one.

Ok show me Christians treating people in the same manner as Islam dose to people i.e Woman Children and gays. Show me them being stonned to death, show me there head's getting cut off. Show me Christians wanting to take over the world and kill eveyone who dose not adhere to there faith.

Your ridiculous. I posted a few articles already and there are plenty more with a simple Google search. There are some Christians who are trying to make it permissible to stone children. source There are plenty of videos on youtube about Christians going after Gays, calling for the oppression of women etc.

Am not Religious in anyway. I don't hate Muslims except the Radical ones like i said. Whats BS? that Islam and the Quran can can't be discussed? You keep saying i hate Muslims, where have i said i hate Muslims?

You make it out to sound as if you hate Muslims with how you word thing's. Perhaps you should post your thoughts a little more thought behind them. What is BS is that you came into a Christian vs. Atheists thread bitching about Muslims/Islam. How about we get back on topic as this is getting old. You obviously have no real issues with Christianity which is why your singling out Islam for the same violent acts.

What about you? Do you not think the way people are being treated should be delt with and called into question? Or should it should be swept under the carpet.

What they do in their religion is of no concern to me. I uphold the American Constitution and it's law regarding religion. Regardless however, the Muslims that this country is going after lay outside US jurisdiction, our laws and our constitution are not applicable to other outside countries. We don't have the right to tell an Islamic nation that they have to conduct themselves accordingly to the wishes of a country run by mostly Christian hypocritical bigots. No one came into our country to liberate our women. There is no reason that we need to liberate their women. Let them work out their own sovereignty. Not even all of the women over there want to be like western american women. Just as not all women here in America want to be feminists and are OK with how thing's were in the past before feminism. I'm married to one who is OK with gender roles. Not ALL women WANT to be feminists or have the freedom to do gender opposite roles. Got that? So let's NOT force our biased opinions of how things should be done and let them figure it out.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You come into a thread about Christianity vs. Atheists. The first thing you mention is what? Islam? You really don't expect to be attacked in any way, shape or form?

Like i said before i hold my hand up for de-railing the thread, sorry to the OP. That dose not make me a bigot though. The thread was related to religion and i mentioned Islam and it grew.

The fact that you even said that leads me to believe you either forgot what I've posted earlier or haven't even bothered reading the articles I linked to. Yes, Christians today are still doing those same things. Hell, I bet you aren't even aware that some Christian women wear head veils as well. There is a religious REASON for why they do. Islam women aren't being forced, the same reason exists within their religion.

Show me Christians stonning people or cutting people heads off. Show more than 1 video of Christians wanting to take over the world and kill everyone else. Show me videos of Christians blowing them selfs up in the name of Christ. Show me videos of that sort of stuff on the news about christians. I could sit here all day and post videos of people doing that in the name of Islam.

You want to bitch about Muslims and Islam, then go to a thread about them or create a new one.

So your calling me a bigot because i have de-ralied a thread (related to religion) and brought up Islam. And yet its ok for me to say what i have said in a thread of my own, without being called a bigot. hmmmmm..

Your ridiculous. I posted a few articles already and there are plenty more with a simple Google search. There are some Christians who are trying to make it permissible to stone children. source There are plenty of videos on youtube about Christians going after Gays, calling for the oppression of women etc.

But are they cutting heads off? Are they Stonning people? Are they actully doing it, of course not! because People are aware and it won't tolerated, unlike Islam! Christians are not commiting these barbaric crimes on the same level in the world today it won't be tolerated.

You make it out to sound as if you hate Muslims with how you word thing's. Perhaps you should post your thoughts a little more thought behind them. What is BS is that you came into a Christian vs. Atheists thread bitching about Muslims/Islam. How about we get back on topic as this is getting old. You obviously have no real issues with Christianity which is why your singling out Islam for the same violent acts.

I don't hate Muslims, i have never said i hate Muslims. And yet you continue to call me a Bigot because i question Islam and the Qu'ran. Have you ever seen the people rally against Scientology for what happens in that religion? Are they bigots?

What they do in their religion is of no concern to me. I uphold the American Constitution and it's law regarding religion. Regardless however, the Muslims that this country is going after lay outside US jurisdiction, our laws and our constitution are not applicable to other outside countries. We don't have the right to tell an Islamic nation that they have to conduct themselves accordingly to the wishes of a country run by mostly Christian hypocritical bigots. No one came into our country to liberate our women. There is no reason that we need to liberate their women. Let them work out their own sovereignty. Not even all of the women over there want to be like western american women. Just as not all women here in America want to be feminists and are OK with how thing's were in the past before feminism. I'm married to one who is OK with gender roles. Not ALL women WANT to be feminists or have the freedom to do gender opposite roles. Got that? So let's NOT force our biased opinions of how things should be done and let them figure it out.

If we follow what you have just said things like i have mentioned would just continue to happen. If babies where being raped daily in another country would you still want to stay out of it and not do anything about it?

www.guardian.co.uk...
rights-rape

www.freeratio.org...

How are people going to get out of this without help?

Tsom87

[edit on 14-1-2010 by TSOM87]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Okay, here's the thing...
No one here (aside from you) is attacking or defending Islam, because this thread has nothing to do with Islam.
This was primarily about, like so many others have said, atheists versus christians.
No one, for the sake of this thread (and I can't stress that enough) cares what is happening in Islam.
So just drop it, leave it alone.
If you have something to add to this in the way of what the original conversation was about, then please, continue to type.
However, if you just want to go on about how you have these issues with Islam, which in all actuality, has nothing to do with what this thread is about, then go voice those views (of which I have no real problem with, aside from your pro-christian/anti-everything else type of mentality) on an appropriate thread.
No hard feelings.
No one here dislikes you, so don't take it personally.
However, no one (and yes, I'm speaking for this entire site) likes someone derailing a thread with comments that are inconsequential to the thread topics.
Okay?
Are we all cool now?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Maybe it's because some christians slag off atheists. Thats exactly what you are doing.. live and let live.

Love is the answer.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Like i said before i hold my hand up for de-railing the thread, sorry to the OP. That dose not make me a bigot though. The thread was related to religion and i mentioned Islam and it grew.

No, the thread is related to Christianity vs. Atheism. The thread topic and OP made no implied assumptions regarding Islam or the conduct of some Muslims. You brought that up, why is beyond me.

Show me Christians stonning people or cutting people heads off. Show more than 1 video of Christians wanting to take over the world and kill everyone else. Show me videos of Christians blowing them selfs up in the name of Christ. Show me videos of that sort of stuff on the news about christians. I could sit here all day and post videos of people doing that in the name of Islam.

Articles are just as damning as videos. Please don't ignore the articles I've posted of Christians doing the same. Perhaps learn to use Google as there are a plethora of articles out there discussing the violent tendencies of Christianity.

So your calling me a bigot because i have de-ralied a thread (related to religion) and brought up Islam. And yet its ok for me to say what i have said in a thread of my own, without being called a bigot. hmmmmm..

Let's go over what a bigot is again.

Wiktionary:Bigot

bigot (plural bigots)

1. one who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
2. one who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Are you telling me you aren't being a bigot here? Again, this thread isn't about general religion, it's about one specific religious faith. This thread has nothing to do with Islam, Scientology or Hinduism.

But are they cutting heads off? Are they Stonning people? Are they actully doing it, of course not! because People are aware and it won't tolerated, unlike Islam! Christians are not commiting these barbaric crimes on the same level in the world today it won't be tolerated.

Yes, there are Christians who do cut heads off. source Whilst this article is not a terrorist based beheading, there are many more articles you can go through on your own because obviously you haven't a lick of a clue what your talking about. Your bashing Islam with unfounded biased opinions of the religion. Christianity is just as violent today as Islam, we don't see it spoken about as the majority of the world are Christians (again, thank the bloody crusades for that one).

I don't hate Muslims, i have never said i hate Muslims. And yet you continue to call me a Bigot because i question Islam and the Qu'ran. Have you ever seen the people rally against Scientology for what happens in that religion? Are they bigots?

You seem to, you came into a thread about Christians and Atheists just to bitch about Muslims. What do you expect people to think about you?

If we follow what you have just said things like i have mentioned would just continue to happen. If babies where being raped daily in another country would you still want to stay out of it and not do anything about it?

I have no jurisdiction or power over how another nation decides to run itself. Do I think what is done is right? No. However, WE can't FORCE our views on how thing's should be done upon another group of people. Again, just to reiterate, NO ONE liberated women in America, not one single country came into ours and bombed the hell out of us calling it 'liberation'.

How are people going to get out of this without help?

The same exact way we did. Without help. Did anyone help us fight against the British to become our own country? No. Did anyone come over into our country to liberate our women from Christian oppression? No. Your logic behind it all is dumbfounding. We received no help at all. There are Muslim feminist groups trying to gain more equality and there are Muslim women fighting to keep thing's the way they are. Your opinions on how thing's should be done give no justification for forcing those opinions on another sovereign nation. If we just police the world, then perhaps we should throw out the whole concept of a sovereign nation and just make this the United World Police Force.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
reply to post by TSOM87

Okay, here's the thing...
No one here (aside from you) is attacking or defending Islam, because this thread has nothing to do with Islam.
This was primarily about, like so many others have said, atheists versus christians.
No one, for the sake of this thread (and I can't stress that enough) cares what is happening in Islam.
So just drop it, leave it alone.
If you have something to add to this in the way of what the original conversation was about, then please, continue to type.
However, if you just want to go on about how you have these issues with Islam, which in all actuality, has nothing to do with what this thread is about, then go voice those views (of which I have no real problem with, aside from your pro-christian/anti-everything else type of mentality) on an appropriate thread.
No hard feelings.
No one here dislikes you, so don't take it personally.
However, no one (and yes, I'm speaking for this entire site) likes someone derailing a thread with comments that are inconsequential to the thread topics.
Okay?
Are we all cool now?

Fair Enough!

Although i will defend myself anywhere when i am accused of being a bigot.

Pro Christian....Have i mentioned somewhere that i'am a Christian?Honestly lol i have no affiliation with any sort of Christianity.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No, the thread is related to Christianity vs. Atheism.

.and what is Christianity related to...religion.

The thread topic and OP made no implied assumptions regarding Islam or the conduct of some Muslims.

I'am aware of that. I was never under the impression that he did.

You brought that up, why is beyond me.

I asked a poster 1 question about Islam regarding there views on Christianity.

Articles are just as damning as videos. Please don't ignore the articles I've posted of Christians doing the same. Perhaps learn to use Google as there are a plethora of articles out there discussing the violent tendencies of Christianity.

Yeah i prefer videos. Anybody can write anything on the internet to fit there views.

-

Highlighting and questioning what goes on in Islam i.e People getting there limbs cut off, treatment of woman ect, dose not = a bigot. Coming onto a thread that has no relation to Islam and asking a poster a question about there view on Islam dose not =bigot. Defending oneself against a poster who continues to call one a bigot dose not=bigot.

I have seen threads about Islam or Muslims on ATS and people bring up stuff about christianity when christianity has had no relation the OP post. You telling me there all Bigots?

Are you telling me you aren't being a bigot here? Again, this thread isn't about general religion, it's about one specific religious faith. This thread has nothing to do with Islam, Scientology or Hinduism.

Nope am not a bigot! The reason why i brung up Scientology is because people highlight & Protest for what goes on inside of Scientology, are they bigots?

Yes, there are Christians who do cut heads off. source

Yeah find me an article about Christians todays that are aloud to do it by Law and get away with it. Not some sick man who heard Voices and takes the law into his own hands!

Whilst this article is not a terrorist based beheading, there are many more articles you can go through on your own because obviously you haven't a lick of a clue what your talking about. Your bashing Islam with unfounded biased opinions of the religion. Christianity is just as violent today as Islam, we don't see it spoken about as the majority of the world are Christians (again, thank the bloody crusades for that one).

Christianity is not as Violent as Islam(in the past *Yeah*)! Thats just stupid. Islam is cutting peoples heads off as we speak no doubt, and getting away with it.

You seem to, you came into a thread about Christians and Atheists just to bitch about Muslims. What do you expect people to think about you?

Again....i never came on here to bitch about Muslims. I asked a poster about Islam reguarding is views on Christianity.

I have no jurisdiction or power over how another nation decides to run itself. Do I think what is done is right? No. However, WE can't FORCE our views on how thing's should be done upon another group of people. Again, just to reiterate, NO ONE liberated women in America, not one single country came into ours and bombed the hell out of us calling it 'liberation'.

LOL, i'am not expecting people to go in guns ablaze to stop this Barbaric treatment of people. I'am expecting it to be brought up more and to be delt with. Governments can talk to other Government about this more. It could be debated more. The United nations could do more! Don't start with jurisdiction, innocent people are being killed. Jurisdiction shouldn't stop anyone in that case!

Did anyone help us fight against the British to become our own country?

Yeah!

Did anyone come over into our country to liberate our women from Christian oppression?

No but the Governments and people woke up because it was highlighted and talked about, and just not Christian oppression of woman but all oppression of woman.

There are Muslim feminist groups trying to gain more equality and there are Muslim women fighting to keep thing's the way they are.

Yes i'am aware of that, although like i said in my last post there fighting a war they can't win. Are woman still being stonned as we speak? Things can happen much faster if there is outside help!

Your opinions on how thing's should be done give no justification for forcing those opinions on another sovereign nation.

Yes they do! Innocent people DON'T deserve to be treated that way. So there for it should be delt with. Not kept going just because its in another country.

-

Like i said if someone is going to accuse me of being a bigot i'am going to defend myself. I didn't post on this thread to become a bigot, and if you read through all what i have said you can clearly see am not one! I don't want war on Islam or any religion, i don't want to take anyones faith away from them. Am NOT here to bash Muslims. I accept that i did de-rail a thread and i apologise for it!

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Am NOT here to bash Muslims. I accept that i did de-rail a thread and i apologise for it!

Alright then. So let's get on the topic of the thread. Sound good, or do we really have to keep bitching about Muslims in a thread about a specific religion?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Im atheist and i dont care who belives what.

Me too, except when that religion has a history of killing off those who don't believe in their particular prophet. Now or in the past. Then I do care.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Well said.
All religion is rife with hypocrisy and untruths.
Personally, I don't believe atheism is the answer, but I wholly respect that others feel that way.
I'm not an atheist, just anti-christian, and I make no apologies for it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join