It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are athiests always slagging of christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
why is it that athiest take every chance to slag of god i thaught they needed total and unequivical proof before they could have a view on it they have no proof that god does
not exist but they still take great joy in belittling and slagging of any one that does believe in god they say that christians try to force religon down everybodys throat but what would you call it that they do i think they are just as bad if not worse at trying to ram there beliefs down peoples throats me as a christian would not try push my beliefs onto someone else unless they wanted me to in fact it is in the bible not to give dogs what is sacred and not to throw your pearls to pigs if you do they will trample them under there feet and then turn and teare you to peaces mathew 7-6 which i think means
dont waste your words on people that dont want to know because they will just slag yo of for it even then belittle them for there beliefs what does every one else think or am i just putting myself out there for a slagging

i am sorry for putting all athiest inthe same boat after reading your comments
the title should have been why doe some athiest slag of christians and why are some christians just as bad

[edit on 12-1-2010 by digby888]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
why is it that athiest take every chance to slag of god i thaught they needed total and unequivical proof before they could have a view on it they have no proof that god does
not exist but they still take great joy in belittling and slagging of any one that does believe in god they say that christians try to force religon down everybodys throat but what would you call it that they do i think they are just as bad if not worse at trying to ram there beliefs down peoples throats me as a christian would not try push my beliefs onto someone else unless they wanted me to in fact it is in the bible not to give dogs what is sacred and not to throw your pearls to pigs if you do they will trample them under there feet and then turn and teare you to peaces mathew 7-6 which i think means
dont waste your words on people that dont want to know because they will just slag yo of for it even then belittle them for there beliefs what does every one else think or am i just putting myself out there for a slagging

I think Athiest are subconciouslly driven towards the beast. So they do his deeds and speak in his ways to try and pull more to their side of the battlefield the side of evil.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
we have so many of these threads, just get over it , if you have faith in what you believe, it doesn't matter what us atheists think. Turn the other cheek, remember atheists are a minority here on this board so don't start claiming persecution.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Simple, Christians don't behead you when you "slag off' their god.
Notice you never hear famous evangelical atheists slagging off Muhammad?
If Christians were as violent and intolerant as atheists claim, atheists would be afraid to be as evangelical as they are.

Proud Pagan BTW.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I think Athiest are subconciouslly driven towards the beast. So they do his deeds and speak in his ways to try and pull more to their side of the battlefield the side of evil.

I think its because more and more christians are turning to atheism after realising their out dated religion, doesn't really fit with the modern world and what we now know with science.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

I am an atheist and I do not slag off people of faith!

I respect that some people will have a god but I do not take kindly to being preached to or looked upon as a poor person that needs to be saved from himself for choosing the path of the godless, or having my opinion deemed less important than a believers.

I am not generalising in saying this as I have had many believers attempt to preach to me and I do not take kindly to it - Many also choose to accept me for the godless heathen that I am

If a religious person can follow the teaching of their faith and be tolerant of another’s lifestyle, respect my choice to remain godless and also respect my reasons for giving up my faith a long time ago then we will not have a problem.

You should not generalise all atheists as being intolerant of a believer because we are not all the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
there are people who just love to attack each other . and thats why i avoid any religion based sub forum .
Im atheist and i dont care who belives what.
Nor i ever judged or slamed any 1 for that.

i guess You just have expirience with these who want to impose thier view on others.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't understand it anymore than you do.
I'm an athiest,and I don't tell people to not believe in god. When people talk about god infront of me,I just keep my mouth shut and respect their belief.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I think its because more and more christians are turning to atheism after realising their out dated religion, doesn't really fit with the modern world and what we now know with science.

I am sure its the fact that the BEAST IS CLOSE AND IS GATHERING HIS FOLLOWERS and they are running to him like kiddies chasing the icecream truck full of visual distractions and markings and missbeliefs because HE WILL GIVE THEM SIGNS THAT WILL TRICK THEM INTO SELLING OUT ON GOD AS THEY ALREADY ARE. I say let them find out the hard way and ignore their screams LOMFL

[edit on 1/12/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"why are athiests always slagging of christians"

Pretty much because of stuff like this:

Also, it's not ALL atheists and not ALL Christians. Only minorities.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i've already come to this conclusion before......

atheism is the new christianity.....

a way to prevent spiritual ascension through ignorance and hate, and heuristaclly attained subliminal tv culture...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

why are athiests always slagging of christians

Because xtians tend to be (but not all) self righteous arrogant people who cannot for one minute refrain from trying to dictate to other people how they should live their lives.

If xtians took the trouble of keeping their beliefs to themselves and minding their own business then they would probably not even be aware that atheists actually exist.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
"why are athiests always slagging of christians"

Pretty much because of stuff like this:

Also, it's not ALL atheists and not ALL Christians. Only minorities.

Doesnt matter he didnt create nothing again nothing for ALL nonbelievers their realm is in NATAS home of saddness and nonbelief. AGAIN I NO CARE FOR THEM AT ALL IGNORE THEIR SCREAMS LOL @ BEGGING GOD FOR MERCY BUT NEVER AKNOWLEDGING HIM UNTIL YOU FEEL THE HEAT FROM YOUR LEADER.

also athiest blood tast the beast to the fallen 1z JUST THOUGHT I WOULD MENTION THAT

[edit on 1/12/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I am sure its the fact that the BEAST IS CLOSE AND IS GATHERING HIS FOLLOWERS and they are running to him like kiddies chasing the icecream truck

Unlike so many christians that chase ice cream trucks after Kiddies !!!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Anyone can pick on Christians from the Media to the man on the street. The reason why they do that is because they know its ''IN'' to pick on Christianity and also they know they will get away with it, unlike questioning Islam. Anyone with half a brain knows Christianity is nothing like Islam.

People/Media are to scared to question Islam. Its bad in the UK, anyone who dares to blink the wrong way at Islam will be in big trouble.

They are athiests out there that don't relly care what people believe in and don't slagg!

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tripulation666
i've already come to this conclusion before......

atheism is the new christianity.....

a way to prevent spiritual ascension through ignorance and hate, and heuristaclly attained subliminal tv culture...

Yet you speak with triple ix in ya name TRY AGAIN NONBELIEVER you already carry his marking LMMFAO

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm an atheist and i love you all...

Try and find a thread of mine where im slagging off Christians and i'll give you £20.

Otherwise just be happy in the knowledge that you may be wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

Simple, Christians don't behead you when you "slag off' their god.

Well, only because they've been prevented from doing so, hey what the hell there's hope yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well I, for one, am not an atheist.
I am, however, ardently anti-christian/anti-catholic.
I am most vocal about it and make no excuses for my feelings and views.
If one is willing to put themselves out in a public manner, touting their love for their 'god', then they should be firm enough in their faith to withstand the articulated viewpoints of those who may disagree (and possibly argue their points to a most excellent degree) with them.
Religion has never, EVER, been based on fact.
There is no proof that the biblical events ever happened.
There is no proof that the biblical 'jesus' ever existed.
'god', in the biblical sense, does not make himself known to the major populace in overt, undeniable ways.
Religion is based in faith, which is exactly the opposite of fact.
Personally, I believe that religion is a crutch for people to shirk responsibility for their actions and reach a state of lazy complacency because if they do not achieve, then it is 'god's plan', which to me is denying the human will and possibly one of the most blasphemous acts one can commit.
If you choose to come out and say that 'atheists take every chance to slag of god', which, I'm sure you are aware is pitifully grammatically incorrect (must be part of 'god's plan' to make so many of his 'believers' so ridiculously uneducated in manner and word) and taking a shot at people whom may just have a difference of opinion to what you have.
Is that wrong?
No, clearly not. Difference of opinion is one of the wonderful things about humanity.
Is it...silly?
Yes, it most certainly is. Because by virtue of the nature of your very statement, you not only display a narrowly skewed view of the potential of other people to think for themselves, but you open yourself to criticisms that are, well, to put it simply, argued in a much more effective fashion than you've done.
Keep in mind, and I've said this countless times, that the 'church' you so ardently defend, is responsible for more atrocities against innocent peoples than any other empire, government or religion combined in all of human history.
So I understand that there are those of you whom may use your faith as your shield, but please, do not cry foul unprovoked, because it really just serves to stir up arguments that you seem wholly unequipped to engage in.

[note: edited for spelling because I have my moments of stupidity too]

[edit on 1/12/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Anyone can pick on Christians from the Media to the man on the street.

I think it is an organized propaganda war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join