It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann 'Died In Holiday Apartment'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I'm with you there bud...

Visions of a trip to the beach with a large beach bag at midnight and a plastic plate for a spade and a husband (or wife) who would do anything to protect his spouse.

When I first heard about this in the news I had the same kind of feeling as when the towers got struck in NY.

Inside job.

Sixth sense is a powerful thing and much stronger than just a "guess".

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
I've noticed something very odd about this thread. Can you see it?
Everyone is agreeing!
Whatever - does anyone know anything about internet libel? I am just thinking that given the circumstances, maybe we should protect ourselves by prefacing our opinions with words and phrases like 'I suspect', 'I think', ''allegedly' 'it appears' etc....
What do you think?

I suspect that I think I allegedly agree with you there.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I thought Gerry Mcann was a Cardiologist working at a Hospital in Leicester. Why would he be advising on Nuclear Policy?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'd encourage a little restraint from jumping to uninformed conclusions based on inconclusive evidence, inadequately formed opinions and 'feelings'. This case has some similarities to the Chamberlain case here in Oz years ago when baby daughter Azaria was taken from the family's tent at a campsite at Ayer's Rock (Uluru). Mother Lindy said she saw (in the dim twilight) a dingo run off carrying something in its mouth presumed to be the baby.

Stories spread like wildfire like 'Azaria' meant 'sacrifice in the wilderness', forensic scientists detected foetal blood in their car (proven to be wrong later), they were members of a (at that time in Oz) fringe religious group, the parents' demeanour in press interviews was suspicious etc etc. Lindy was convicted of murder and imprisoned for years until more evidence was uncovered to show her innocence resulting in her ultimate release and full pardon. The story was made into a movie with Merryl Streep as Lindy I think.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I'd encourage a little restraint from jumping to uninformed conclusions based on inconclusive evidence, inadequately formed opinions and 'feelings'. This case has some similarities to the Chamberlain case here in Oz years ago

The story was made into a movie with Merryl Streep as Lindy I think.

I remember seeing the film years ago and thinking how awful.

But there is without a doubt a distinct difference here.

The MCcanns did leave their children alone in an unlocked apartment while they went to enjoy themselves.

That is so wrong on so many levels.

I have a 5 year old and an 18 month old and I can tell you that it is impossible to image a circumstance where I could leave them alone in my own house unlocked.

If you distil the issues surrounding the accusations then I feel the route of it is - it was o.k. for them to leave their kids like that, there must be a serious detachment on their part to be able to do that.

It also indicates they feel their children an unwanted bind to their life style.

I personally believe they are guilty of manslaughter and should be prosecuted whether they had anything to do with the disposal of the body or not.

all the best,

Korg.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
After watching The Truth of The Lie, I believe Maddie died as a result of a tragic accident and the parents acted in fear. You can clearly see this has destroyed Kate, However Gerry seems to accept what has happened and will do anything to keep them in the clear, it's not what he knows, it's who he knows.

It is rumoured Gerry McCann is a medical advisor to COMARE (Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation in the Environment)

Andrew Brown, is the press officer for EDF energy which operates nuclear power stations.

Who knows there is a lot of Dis-info out there, it would be intresting to see if anyone can find any Gerry McCann links to this COMARE.

For those who have not see The Truth Of The Lie yet

Truth Of The Lie.... YouTube 6 Parts

"Edit to add"

Here is a little info on what COMARE do and how Gerry McCann would fit in.

How does COMARE work?

Issues are placed before COMARE by UK Government Departments, the Scottish Parliament, the Welsh Assembly or the Northern Ireland Office. Generally, such referrals arise because there is concern over health effects that might possibly be attributed to radiation. COMARE is an independent expert advisory committee with members chosen for their medical and scientific expertise. The committee offers independent medical and scientific advice on the health effects of ionising and non-ionising radiation in the environment, whether natural or man-made. The secretariat is provided by medical, scientific and administrative staff of the Health Protection Agency's Radiation Protection Division (HPA-RPD), formerly NRPB, who are expert in their own fields. It is the secretariat's responsibility to provide the committee with data relevant to the topic under discussion.

Source

This is sure one interesting case, I have a feeling if we expose the truth about the McCanns we expose the truth about the Government ties.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by IamNow]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

But there is without a doubt a distinct difference here.

The MCcanns did leave their children alone in an unlocked apartment while they went to enjoy themselves.

That is so wrong on so many levels.

Exactly... there's a difference between a Dingo, Bear or any other animal taking your kid for food...

And parents leaving kids unattended in a hotel room while they went and got drunk and had a meal.

Story is sketchy at best and YES... they should have been charged with manslaughter for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
After watching The Truth of The Lie, I believe Maddie died as a result of a tragic accident and the parents acted in fear.
[edit on 15-1-2010 by IamNow]

Is the documentary any good?

I saved it in full last year sometime but have yet to watch it.

I only saved it before because they had banned it everywhere so i made sure i had a copy to watch.

[edit on 15/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes it's very good, it's not as though the Officer who was leading the case was jumping to conclusions either. Every suspicion is backed up by evidence, evidence that seems to have been swept under the carpet by British powers. In my opinion there is enough evidence to put Gerry and Kate back up as the Main Suspects and bring them in for further questioning.

The most amazing part of the Documentary was the inconsistencies that were pointed out, e.g. Gerry taking the long route to check on Madeleine, the fact Kate walked over to her friends to raise the alarm when she could of shouted from the Apartment balcony.

Highly Recommended, please take a look and share your opinions.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Ok cheers.... like i said i have it saved, It's just getting around to watching it.

I will do though and as soon as i have, I'll let you know.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If ever a case warranted investigation on a conspiracy website, it is that of Madeleine McCann's disappearance. It's rife with suggestions (if not evidence) of political interference, corruption and cover-ups on a grand scale. May Goncalo Amaral prove successful in his bid to exact Justice for Madeleine in the face of the litigious McCann juggernaut. He is a voice in the wilderness and his cause has prompted slanderous and xenophobic diatribes from various British journalists and media outlets. He is a thorn in the McCann's side and they are desperate to mute his voice.

I became obsessed with this case soon after I watched the initial interview with Gerry and Kate on the night of her disappearance and followed it's progress in forums such as the Mirror 'Madeleine' forum (which was eventually shut down) and a (now defunct) website called the 3 Arguidos.

It still does my head in, trying to take in and make sense of all the bizarre interviews and statements that issued forth from the McCann's and their cronies over that 3 year period. (Some of which are made reference to in this thread.)

May Justice prevail for little Maddie.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xlynyr

I have not see a thread where so many people agree. We should build on this and work together to bring this case back into the light, the internet is a huge place with people from all around the world. We really need to put our heads together on this one, we are being taken for a ride. This poor girl is out there somewhere, if this poor girl is dead she deserves a true place of rest most of all dignity.

This has gone on for long enough now, everyone needs to be researching, working together to bring justice to whoever did this. Come on keep searching people, together we can expose the truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This case is really one for the ages in my opinion. The Portugese police made some mistakes early in the investigation that are crucial to the subsequent development of the case.

Most importantly they (1) did not immediately seal the apartment. (2) did not test the remaining twins for drugs when there was strong reason to suspect that they had been drugged. (3) did not immediately accept the offer of the English sniffer dogs when it was made, instead waiting weeks before bringing the dogs in. (4) did not realize the significance of who they were dealing with, i.e., doctors, who are well trained in the practice of "defensive medicine", muddying the waters, covering one's butt and clever lies. (5) did not seem to recognize the importance of treating the situation as two distinct cases, child endangerment and kidnapping.

As the case went on, the Portugese detectives just lost control of it completely. They might have regained control with the help of their English law enforcment colleagues (and Eddie and Keela) but the British press and the British government became the decisive factor in the case, removing pressure from the McCanns and turning Portugese law enforcement into whipping boys.

Some interesting Portugese police files can be read at www.mccannfiles.com ,specifically, rogatory interviews with the "tapas 9".

Some interesting things are said. Fiona Payne, for example, remarks that after the twins were removed to her and David Payne's apartment, Kate kept putting her fingers under their noses to make sure that they were still breathing. Payne thought it odd, the repeated checking. Had the twins been drugged?

In the video "Madeleine Was Here", Jane Tanner, during the McCanns belated reconstruction of the events of the night makes a remark that, during dinner at the tapas restaurant, Kate had said, at one point, that Gerry was watching football on the television, when someone had noticed him missing for a while. Is that significant?

Who are the McCanns anyway, to get such a level of interest from the British government?

This is a strange, strange case.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Im so glad to see this subject on here.He will go to his death bed trying to get the Mcanns convicted,and so he should.Its the little things in this case that are the most telling.

Like who drives miles and dumps a fridge on holiday?

Also leaving the car doors open for 24 hours to dry out spilt meat?
I defy anyone to watch the documentary and still say she was taken.

From what I hear most people in their village cross the road to avoid them.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by KANDINSKI]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
People should watch "Madeleine was Here", especially for Kate's recounting of the moment when she discovered that Madeleine was missing. I don't believe a word she says. Listen to what she says and watch her hand movements. They are very revealing.

Here is part one. Kate's explanation is at the very beginning of the video.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
People should watch "Madeleine was Here", especially for Kate's recounting of the moment when she discovered that Madeleine was missing. I don't believe a word she says. Listen to what she says and watch her hand movements. They are very revealing.

I agree,the body language experts had a field day with them.They basically show every signal of guilt bar none.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KANDINSKI

Also, she says that the wind blew the door shut and then gestures with her hands to show the wind blowing the curtains outward, i.e., in the opposite direction.

Cuddle Cat was found in a cupboard and had the scent of death on it. No scent of death was detected in Madeleine's bed, where Kate seems to be saying that Cuddle Cat was.

Kate makes a very bad impression in this video.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

You can really see the guilt in Gerry's body language @ 6:30

Also the video ties him in well with COMARE, the link to Andrew Brown seems even more possible. You only have to look at the media coverage to see there is some Government cover up here...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
(4) did not realize the significance of who they were dealing with, i.e., doctors, who are well trained in the practice of "defensive medicine", muddying the waters, covering one's butt and clever lies.
I think this was their biggest mistake.

PS: I also find it odd that so many people agree with each other on this thread (at least until now), specially when I remember the posts from when this was happening.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Gerry repeatedly claims that there is no evidence for Madeleine's death, completely ignoring the sniffer dog indications.

There is no mention of the sniffer dogs in "Madeleine Was Here" and their indications are either ignored completely in the British press or downplayed considerably. The Sun's coverage of the case is particularly deplorable.

These dogs earn more than the Chief Constable of the district they live in. The attitudinizing among the British press and officialdom in this case has been absolutely nauseating.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join