It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran blast kills Nuclear Physics university professor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Dr. Massoud Ali-Mohammadi, a lecturer at the Tehran University and a staunch supporter of the Islamic Revolution, was killed in booby-trapped motorbike blast on Tuesday.

This will be interesting to follow - who is going to be blamed for this crime?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

source please
two.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Sorry, i forgot :

www.presstv.ir...

Already updated on the Iranian website.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I wonder if it was because of his profession?

hmm..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Yes, i believe it is very likely. The mystery is... who did it and why.. was this guy up to something, like rating out so Iran govm killed him? or he was a lead scientist in developing atomic weapons, so he was "eliminated" from outside Iran..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

tough to say. maybe they achieved the bomb and now they're gonna start plugging up the potential leaks.
or maybe cia? Israel?
impossible to say at this point but this is an interesting occurance. We will know more from the reactions of the Iranian government. Will they put it under the rug and play it off? Or will they come out with accusations?
This really makes me think there's a lot we don't know. What motive would one have for killing a nuclear physicist who is only interested in alternative forms of energy?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

What motive would one have for killing a nuclear physicist who is only interested in alternative forms of energy?

Thats an easy one. Several people have been killed who have gotten too close to real breakthroughs on alternative energy. The oil people are after anyone who threatens the empire.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Most likely a defector or part of the opposition movement in principle. I can't see the west killing one professor as it wouldn't seriously hurt the nuclear programme.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I was just about to post and i saw your thread.
Another source
www.cbsnews.com...

(AP) A professor of nuclear physics at Tehran University was killed Tuesday by a bomb-rigged motorcycle parked outside his home in Iran's capital, state media reported.

Not much new information.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
the original source added several more lines in the article:

www.presstv.ir...

As i see, accusations against US start to take shape. Now it becomes predictable, right?

At the same time I think that what Heyo says , could be the real reason too:

tough to say. maybe they achieved the bomb and now they're gonna start plugging up the potential leaks

I put my 2 cents on what Heyo says

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

There's plenty of more plausible reasons why the regime might kill a few professors. Here's just one:

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

A pro-reform Web site says 88 Tehran University professors have appealed to Iran's supreme leader to halt violence against opposition protesters.

The letter to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei represents the latest daring challenge to the Islamic leadership. It called the attacks a sign of weakness in the ruling system.

It urges Khamenei to order arrests for the hard-line crackdown, which was increased after protesters began chanting slogans against the supreme leader. The Greenroad Web site posted the letter on Monday.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by john124]

top topics

join