It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US has to break with its superpower arrogance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Obamas apology tours have only made America weaker in the eyes of our
enemies. All of his "apologies" didn't stop the underwear bomber.

Nothing will stop Extremists attempting to attack America as they see you as an Enemy.

America can push it's Military might all over the world, but it will not stop these attacks. Would you say America under Bush jnr was stronger than it is now ??? if so, why did that not stop 9/11. if you believe it was not an inside job.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed

Being a superpower means you're the Alpha dog in the pack. Just because lesser dogs get upset that there's a dominant dog around doesn't mean they can take away the earned arrogance of the Alpha dog.

Once upon a time the UK was the world's largest super power, over time attitudes change, people change, countries change. We are no longer a super power.
This will also happen to the USA in time.

P.S. I'm not anti American.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Does the US have the largest gross domestic product?
Who has the biggest military?
Does the US have alot of natural resources?
What is the reserve currency?
Where does the US rank in wealth to population?

So why exactly should the US not be a superpower? And what is the criteria? Me thinks this is propaganda why should we not act like a superpower?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

ST old friend.
America's largest natural resource was oil, How much oil does America now have to import.
America also relies on selling nation debt to the like's of China.
There is also a reason why many countries are dumping the US $ for gold.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Someone336

I can tell you that will never change.
Americans are too strong and wise.
We adapt and grow.
You are missing the big picture.

Wow, now there is some arrogance to claim that the super power issue will never change.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm just trying to give you hope.
I know the economy looks really bad right now BUT i can tell you
we as a nation have a very bright future.
Pop in a DVD of Back to the Future II.
They travel to 2015.
That's pretty close.
Did you notice that kids walk around with their pockets inside out?
That was a big clue.
Were you paying attention?

Well, while what you are saying does make me feel all warm and cozy, I am a bit lost. I love that trilogy. Three of my favorite movies. I can even believe hologram marquees and all by then but I do not know what you are saying. Do kids walk around with their pockets out where you live? I have not seen that around here; not at the malls or parks anyway.

I want to have hope and I certainly appreciate you trying to offer some. I just have my issues with Lazaar to begin with so seeing his name, kills some hope. That was why I was hoping you would be more specific.

It seems a waste of a post for anyone to step in, claim to have knowledge that we could all gain from, and then not share what it is. See my issue? I would love for you to explain what you have to say so that it is believable but if in doing so, you would be robbed of your hope then by all means - just ignore me and go on.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156

reply to post by buni11687

The USA is an economic and military superpower.
That will never change.
We have technology that is 50 years ahead of what you see today.

Military yes for now, it won't take long for China to catch up once they are the major economic power house that they are.
Economic power, just. China and India are the next major super powers.

It looks like you are missing the big picture.
All will be revealed December 21, 2012.
Not that far away.
Hang in there. Less than 3 years to go!
There will be worldwide changes for the better.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeseeker5434
Im sick an tired 0f people complaing that america shouldnt be a superpower and what not. The united nations is a peace keeping body right? Well guess who makes up most of its personel, yea thats right boys and girls america. You all should be lucky that the world has a superpower like us. If all nations were equal it would be chaos, it is because of america that the world in going towards peace. Be thankful that the american superpower does want peace. We could have easily been tyrants taking over the world. But no instead we are letting american men and women go to other countries to save your ass's because you all cant seem to do it yourself. Consider yourself lucky there is an america, because with out it guess what the world would be like. Nazi germany would have won the war, sorry to all the britts and french out there but its the truth, you all did a good job but would have lost eventualy. And its because of our nukes that we invented that peace is here today. It may be a peace of scared countries not attacking for fear of nukes but atleast it is peace.And when a dictator sends people to a stadium and gass's thousands, we could have easily let that country die and rot under his rule. But no, america took it into its own hands and helped out. You all want america to be islolationists again fine, but i garuntee you the world will be crying to get her back.

Here is a perfect example of American arrogance coupled with ignorance, misconstruction and lack of critical thinking.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Not that far away.

OK, seriously. Do you like ATS? Do you want people to fill threads with random nonsense? Would you like to read nothing but that? Can you please do me and ATS a favor and stop wasting posts with these vague fantastical "predictions" that say nothing. Hope is nice but when you just keeping saying "trust me, it will get better" it gets old. We got it. It will get better. Message received. Since you refuse to share you knowledge of what and how, you are really just arrogantly flaunting it in our faces -'ha ha, I know something you don't!' It is tiresome, childish, and exactly the type of BS that makes Lazaar so suspect. If you really have information, please share it. Constantly bragging that you have it has turned hope into frustration over this entire thread being slowed by each of your posts of empty happiness and not to mention the even bigger slowdown caused by my post that you have compelled me to write. See how it is all polluting the place? Please stop. Info is great to share. Hiding info is a real loser thing to brag about.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by colec156

reply to post by buni11687

The USA is an economic and military superpower.
That will never change.
We have technology that is 50 years ahead of what you see today.

Military yes for now, it won't take long for China to catch up once they are the major economic power house that they are.
Economic power, just. China and India are the next major super powers.

Not that far away.

I wait with baited breath.

2nd line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join