It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible new theory on the antichrist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Mods, Please move this wherever it belongs, i couldn't figure out where to put it.

Some friends of mine recently emailed this to me, and I thought it was a very interesting theory.

www.johnmcternan.name...

Please do not turn this into an argument on religion, let's stay focused here. We are evaluating a theory, not starting a flame war.

By which I mean, please do not argue about "religion is evil" or "atheism is evil" or similar subjects. Religion is a great topic, so long as people refrain from taking or giving personal offense. This thread is here for the people who want to talk about a possible(prophesied) upcoming world/military leader, who is basically going to possibly do some very bad stuff to a lot of people.

No offense meant. Sorry.

Drink Deep.

Edit: Clarifying what I meant about argument on religion. Sorry.

[edit on 1/11/2010 by vyrox]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

I'm reading now, and yes, I believe it is possible.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As fascinating as this theory is, I am struggling to find a way to discuss it without dragging religion in kicking and screaming. I got to "Evolution is really evil as it leaves God out of the picture" before I realized what will be happening here. I wish you luck!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
sorry i am a troll because i have to question stuff. that aside, why is it always an Antichrist? could it be Anti-Mohammad? no? Satan probably knows that he has to fight not only the faithful Christians, but red-blooded Muslims too. i mean why does this evil dude who`s gonna come down to Earth and turn it upside down should be only Anti-Christian by being Anti-Christ? why not Anti-Muslim and thus Anti-Mohammad? or maybe he is Muslim? no? why does Christianity has the monopoly on this Anti-Christ fella? oh maybe it`s because he`s gonna target only the God-fearing Christians leaving the rest in peace?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

Please do not turn this into an argument on religion, let's stay focused here.

Don't be bloody ridiculous, from the outset bible passages are being used blah !

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

Sorry about that, I was just using the generic term for: evil dude, take over the world, deceive the masses, kill people, etc."

No offense meant. I just wasn't thinking about it at that moment.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

you are making me uncomfortable now. why are you sorry?

it was just bla bla rhetoric just for the fukc of it. sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvolta
...why is it always an Antichrist? could it be Anti-Mohammad? no? Satan probably knows that he has to fight not only the faithful Christians, but red-blooded Muslims too. i mean why does this evil dude who`s gonna come down to Earth and turn it upside down should be only Anti-Christian by being Anti-Christ? why not Anti-Muslim and thus Anti-Mohammad? or maybe he is Muslim? no? why does Christianity has the monopoly on this Anti-Christ fella? oh maybe it`s because he`s gonna target only the God-fearing Christians leaving the rest in peace?

Okay, you were getting testy by your last sentence.
He is only going to target the God-fearing Christians, but he won't leave the rest in peace, not really, just pretend peace....but that's another post.

Aren't many religions are still waiting for their "messiahs". Am I right about this? Christians, however, believe the messiah has already come in Jesus Christ. Therefore, Christians await the scond coming of Jesus Christ, not another messiah. In the New Testament, in which Jesus is discussed, therefore, the phrase "anti-christ" seems both to mean two things:
--those who are false Christs, i.e. anti-Jesus Christ, as it says "the spirit of anti-Christ (Satan) is already in the word, but
--also in the end times a person who will actually emerge on teh world stage as the representative of Satan, the so-called second Beast, whom folks commonly call the AntiChrist.

Let me know if I am wrong about this.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

So anyway Vy, to respond, sure, I guess it is possible. The beast supposedly will have a fatal head wound from which the beast miraculously recovers, which causes everyone to marvel and believe and worship the beast. If the "fatal head wound" is literal and not symbolic, then it would seem some technological magic so to speak is an interesting theory as to how such healing could come about.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

Recently there has been a lot of research into human-aiding machines, along with computers that can think, chemical computers, etc.

perhaps a fatal wound with some kind of reassembly and/or reanimation of the brain?

Just my .02 or so.

new topics

top topics

join