It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: New find shows slaves didn't build pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Egypt: New find shows slaves didn't build pyramids

hosted.ap.org

Egypt displayed on Monday newly discovered tombs more than 4,000 years old and said they belonged to people who worked on the Great Pyramids of Giza, presenting the discovery as more evidence that slaves did not build the ancient monuments.

The series of modest nine-foot-deep shafts held a dozen skeletons of pyramid builders, perfectly preserved by dry desert sand along with jars that once contained beer and bread meant for the workers' afterlife.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This source seems pretty good, and there is a video on the left side of the page about the story.

So my only question here is: If decent, well paid workers built the pyramids, how on earth was Egypt able to afford the pyramid?

I think that some sources say more than 100 000 people built them, however some say it could have been done with 30 000. Either way, to have that many people dedicated to building a pyramid would be a massive project on an economic scale. Food, clothing, pay- makes me think

Thoughts?

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For what its worth - existing thread on this is at......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Most ancient cultures used massive building projects as a way to unite the society towards a common purpose in times of peace.

The proceeds and spoils of war would then go towards the monuments and edifices and building projects to celebrate and commemorate that victory and leader giving the people a sense of national pride and unity that helped to hold ancient kingdoms together in a shared common purpose and identity.

They also typically kept idle hands working while the next wars of conquest or expansion were planned out and prepared for.

From Egypt to the Middle East to Rome to South and Central America this was the basic lynchpin that kept large communites together, growing and expanding as cohesive entitites.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So a tomb of a dozen skeletons proves it huh?

Yeah right.

So only 12 people built the pyramids?

Or are there like 50,000 other skeletons not being shown?

Basically, you would have to show a vast cemetery with corresponding archaeological evidence to prove to me, that this is indeed the case.

Sorry not buying it.

Why is it that every argument mainstream Egyptologists make turns out to be garbage?

Hell just the fact that they are turning a 180 and now claiming it was not slave labor should show you how "stable" their belief system is.

Because I could have swore yesterday they were all saying it was slave labor.

This is why I consider them unreliable at best. And am extremely skeptical of all of their claims.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join