It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Differences in our realities: you don't live in the same world I do

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Help me through fear, egotism and anger? No thanks, but the offer is truly appreciated. Sorry if I came off as arrogant in my earlier post. Remember though, that Christianity was spread by the sword in it's early years esp circa 380 AD. Rome's campaign was to convert, slay and destroy until the only choice left was Christianity. However, neither of us made those decisions nor can we take the blame.

In closing I'd like to say I am happy you find such comfort in the scriptures and hope that those words written by men do not keep you away from God's own handwriting in nature. Take care.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Help me through fear, egotism and anger? No thanks, but the offer is truly appreciated. Sorry if I came off as arrogant in my earlier post. Remember though, that Christianity was spread by the sword in it's early years esp circa 380 AD. Rome's campaign was to convert, slay and destroy until the only choice left was Christianity. However, neither of us made those decisions nor can we take the blame.

In closing I'd like to say I am happy you find such comfort in the scriptures and hope that those words written by men do not keep you away from God's own handwriting in nature. Take care.

100th post! I am big boy now.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Remember though, Christ says our war isn't with weapons so men of physical warfare can hardly be said to represent Christ. Love isn't spread by swords. You're assigning the lust of men to Christ which is where you fault.

Also, Rome threw Christians into the Colosseum because of their faith resulting in an increase of faith throughout the entire culture of Roman transforming it which is an historical accuracy.

Needless to say, I agree neither of us made those decisions nor can we take the blame but Rome doesn't represent Christ and as many posts as I read by angry ex-catholics who've never read scripture for themselves but are mad bc of what they were told to believe, I do wonder about the Roman part of Roman Catholicism.

Nevertheless, Christ does give me comfort and so too does the voice of creation proclaiming His glory and majesty. I hope you're hearing the voice of God who created you instead of listening to a god you've created to serve yourself.

peace

edit on 12-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: typo

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join