It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hate between Jews and Muslims, they are so similar!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't think it's possible to discuss the enmity between Jews and Muslims without discussing religion.

At the bottom of it all, to simplify it- it's sibling rivalry. As per the bible, they shared a father. And it all went downhill from there.

Jews, especially in Israel, are still pretty ticked off that they are not allow to explore and study the area where they believe the central area of the last Temple was: The Dome of the Rock now stands on top, and no excavation is allowed. Each faith claims this as a holy area, and neither is willing to compromise. To take that further, they both claim the entire area of land they both live on as theirs and theirs alone. Oddly enough, I have a micro version of that happening here. My husband and his brother were both left this house. Neither is willing to move, and neither wants to live with the other. It's a constant war here.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

Frankly, the word Jews and Muslims, Christians etc hold no meaning for me (in religious sense), I couldn't care less what the religion says...it's all a storybook for me. I only see it as names given to people living in diff. parts of regions who are same in all levels (humans) as I mentioned in my 2nd post on this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Take away religion, politics and the "labels",hatred and prejudice the"adults" are passing on to their children, they're just as same.
At least that's my own experience. I've had jew and muslim for dinner. They both ate pork, btw

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

I can't agree more. Children are like blank sheets and when they are young they do not discriminate. We adults are the ones responsible for their upbringing and how they turn out. The question is, how do you stop the cycle? On both sides?

One side gets rocketed, the other gets annihilated. Children see this, hear their parents get angry and curse the other side... What's the solution?

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I think you are reading into my post a little deeper than you should I am only giving you reasons why they are in constant alert mode. I could be wrong I could be right. Israel is not perfect that is for sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

I could be wrong I could be right. Israel is not perfect that is for sure.

I have to add that Palestine is not perfect either. They are partially both to blame. I just sometimes believe that there isn't anyone over there that really has the will to stop this conflict anytime soon...

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

A lot of us jews are fed up with the conflict i know that. If i recall correctly most israelis favor the two-state solution. I subscribe to it as well. Either way too many innocent lives have been lost on both sides as far as i am concerned. It distresses me to see my palestinian brothers and sisters suffer for the actions of the few. Ultimately i can not help but sympathize for both sides. We are all children of god, we should regard eachother as such.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

You are absolutely right. Everyone should live in peace, together, like they did for thousands of years prior. Now, what's the solution?

Peace,

Magnum

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join