It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satan More Powerful Than God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
.Is god testing us?or is Satan more powerful than God? Because If God is more Powerful than Satan Then why doesnt he Destroy him? and if God was a Loving God then Why would he allow Satan to test us? If all the violence and destruction, hate and greed in the world is caused by Satan the Devil then why doesnt God just Get rid of Him?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
God allows what we allow----FREE WILL

We all have choices to make. And all too often those choices are
made with no regard for the consequences to another.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
still doesnt answer the question, so if satan has no body to call his own, then why would he have free will? why would god grant the Harbinger of destruction, the power of Free Will

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Of course Satan is not as powerful as God. There is a plan, you know.
You see, I believe that its easier to be lead astray from God's path.
Its easier to do whatever you please. Not what God wants.
Its harder to stay away from sin.

Not one single person wants to be held accountable for their actions.
You know why?
Because they would have to answer for all the things they did.
Who wants to answer for all the things they've done? No one.

Nobody wants to live a life where you can't do this or you can't do that.
Look around you. Its true.
People want freedom to do whatever they please.

That, in my opinion, is not God's way.
We are held accountable for what we do in this life.
Whether you like it or not.

But...this is all based on belief. You have to believe.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I Agree 100 percent with you havoc, the problem is, why would God create humans that seem destined to fail, when you look at it every single person on this earth sins. so why would God want to test us to see if we love him?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Why wouldn't He?
Every single person that sins, is given a chance to be forgiven.
By asking Jesus for forgiveness. Its in the Bible.
If you had an army of followers...
Wouldn't you test them to see if they are fit for battle?

So, God gives humans a chance to love Him.

As the previous poster declared. Its our "free-will" to decide.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Why wouldn't He?
Every single person that sins, is given a chance to be forgiven.
By asking Jesus for forgiveness. Its in the Bible.
If you had an army of followers...
Wouldn't you test them to see if they are fit for battle?

So, God gives humans a chance to love Him.

As the previous poster declared. Its our "free-will" to decide.

very very true, it just seems a little odd to me is all

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
After creating Adam "the Best of Creation", Allah/God commanded all of the Angels to bow to Adam. This was done to test his ego and to show him the power of freewill. As freewill can create such vanity. Angels don't have freewill. But there was one Angel named iblis who did because he was raised to the rank of a Angel. Hence the biblical stories of the devil being the most beautiful Angel in heaven. Because iblis was made of smokeless fire, While Angels are made of pure light. Iblis/Devil by being different, The story got told as him being the most beautiful. Also the story of Iblis/Devil being beautiful is just that, He will never come as the red devil with horns and blazing fire scaring the life out of you. Iblis/Devil will come as the most enchanting and elegant so as to entrap you in sin. Iblis's race is that of the Jinn/Djinn/Genie any Jinn or human agent of the Devil/Iblis is considered Satan/Shayateen.

The Noble Qu'ran "The Heights" 7:11-12
(11) Yea, indeed, We have created you, and then formed you; and then We said unto the angels, "Prostrate yourselves before Adam!" - whereupon they [all] prostrated themselves, save Iblis: he was not among those who prostrated themselves.
(12) [And God] said: "What has kept thee from prostrating thyself when I commanded thee?" Answered [Iblis]: "I am better than he: Thou hast created me out of fire, whereas him Thou hast created out of clay."

We must understand that everywhere is Allah/Gods Kingdom. There is no place where we can go that is not Allah/Gods Kingdom. So by asking why not just get rid of of the Devil/iblis? That is like asking to disintegrate a soul of life out of existence. If it would be done to one, Others could and would follow. It's hard for many to have a extinction of the consciousness of a separate existence. You know letting go of the ego vanity and all, By demanding justice be done.

Adams original design was Caliph/representative of the earth and all the children through him and eve as well as the other adams. Would be stewards of the paradise, Sharing the tree of life living in bliss with bliss. But we can see freewill is a powerful thing along with the 2 gifts bestowed upon adam. Those being reason and intellect/intelligence. Adam was taught all of the names of the animals before the Angels knew of them. And when Allah/God asked the Angels the names of the animals in paradise they could not named a single one. While adam knew them all. Iblis/Devil was tested with Jealously! By this
A prime reason of why he didn't bow to Adam when commanded by Allah/God. But not only does the devil operate with Jealously he also operates with Egotism and Lust. That's his trinity of entrapment of mankind.

So by destroying the Devil/iblis freewill also must to be destroyed. Also by destroying the Devil/iblis reasoning also must to be destroyed. Another noteworthy mention is that by destroying the Devil/iblis intelligence also must to be destroyed. When I say destroyed I mean no longer shared beyond God unto Angels Humans & Jinn. Because all life is precious

Ordo ab Chao is but one formula that allows mankind to obtain virtue. And this is the formula the majority of mankind choices to operate on to achieve virtue through.

On Allah's Throne it says his Mercy is greater than his Anger.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
.Is god testing us?or is Satan more powerful than God? Because If God is more Powerful than Satan Then why doesnt he Destroy him? and if God was a Loving God then Why would he allow Satan to test us? If all the violence and destruction, hate and greed in the world is caused by Satan the Devil then why doesnt God just Get rid of Him?

Simple answer is that Satan does not exist. It is a creation of the Religious to use fear to get the 'flock' to conform to it's Dogma. Good reasoning skills there, neXus!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Now if a christain read that comment, they would say
Satans job is to get you to Believe He doesnt exist!!!
what would you say to that

[edit on 1/11/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I would challenge them to prove the existence of Satan without using the Bible. Yes evil exists in the world, but to blame it on a mythical 'Satan' only serves to take the resposibility of one's actions away and place them on something else. "The Devil made me do it" is just a huge cop-out for a lack of personal resposibility and personal integrity.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Good Point, Satan Cant make you do anything, its all choice, weak minded people use that excuse because they dont want to take responsibility for their own actions

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
"The Devil made me do it" is just a huge cop-out for a lack of personal resposibility and personal integrity.

It worked for Flip Wilson...therefore it shall work for me..

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i dont even know who that person is

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

He granted man free will. "Satan" if such exists at all, can only
temp us, the choice is ours alone. In the Genesis myth, the serpent
did not make Eve do anything, he simply tricked her by questioning
what God really said. The free choice was hers alone.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

very very true, it just seems a little odd to me is all

Isaiah 55.8:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

I think that havok summed up the answer rather well.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Simple answer is that Satan does not exist. It is a creation of the Religious to use fear to get the 'flock' to conform to it's Dogma.

This shows a lack of understanding. No church teaches that Satan is to be feared; especially is someone is in God's.

I would challenge them to prove the existence of Satan without using the Bible.

This is like asking an evolutionist to prove evolution without a biology text.

"The Devil made me do it" is just a huge cop-out for a lack of personal resposibility and personal integrity.

I've never actually heard of a church tell its congregates that "the Devil made me do it" is a good thing to say. In fact, all the churches that I've been to and know would say that opposite, that when you do something it's your fault, not the Devil's.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by octotom]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I guess I just imagined all of those 'Hellfire and Brimstone' sermons I endured for decades...

And as to your evolution without a biology textbook, that would be easy... The evidence is pretty much everywhere! The entire theory came from observation of the natural world... Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Satan - Bible = 0 evidence...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Is Satan more powerful than God?

Is light more powerful than darkness? Is negative more powerful than positive? Is ying more powerful than yang?

You really need to see the universe in a much more broader and impersonal way before you can answer any of these questions.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Is god testing us?or is Satan more powerful than God?

Yes God is testing us trough Satan he is his servant who have task to bring you from the right path. As he tested abraham to kill his son. It was test by satan. Which is nowhere writen of course.

is Satan more powerful than God?

Is servant more powerfull then his master ?

Because If God is more Powerful than Satan Then why doesnt he Destroy him?

Why should God destroy his servant, when he is doing what he has to do.

if God was a Loving God then Why would he allow Satan to test us?

If you would not be tested nobody would know who you are.. if you are good person or bad, skunk who just is telling God that he loves him. God of course know that he created everybody but so that everybody can see who is who, it can be shown just by this testing etc...

If all the violence and destruction, hate and greed in the world is caused by Satan the Devil then why doesnt God just Get rid of Him?

Because it is still not over the testing and people have still chance to chose the side of good or evil.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by AeosGuru]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join