It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are comments in YouTube So Hateful and Agression towards everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi,
You have probably noticed the comments in YouTube. Find some fairly innocent video in youtube , then let the war unfold. Just look at the comments section - its just full of evil hate, name calling, slander, agression, violent suggestions and so on.

I would like to look into why is this so. Did their mothers never teach them if you do not have anything good to say...dont say it. or to that effect.
I am well aware we are not in a cotton-wool society. but huge social vendettas are being waged , has this become the norm. ? (incorrect punctuation - please bomb the hell out of me)

The level of agression as shown by the "general" population with their comments on youtube is rife and i find this so disterbing - I probably got some grammer wrong... again .. and some spelling... so this would result in me being flamed and bombed and generally spat at.

But is this what society has evolved to be. these comments are what goes on in peoples heads.. it seems they even watch videos just so that they can post evil words and offensive remarks in the comment section, just for the sake of it

they have wars between themselves within the posts like a fight in the school yard play ground

so anyway what do you guys thing about this.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I believe these people are full of aggression and use the internet to fume. Insulting people with no fear of getting punched in the face, hiding behind their monitors like cowards.
But I'm sure there are many other reasons.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
because it's anonymous.

I'm pretty sure there are articles out about this phenomenon. It's simply people being A Holes. They don't have the balls to say things in public so they get online and trash talk.

it's the equivalent of drunken frat boy at the party who wants to fight everyone. all talk..no bite.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Because people who make videos and post them up publicly are expressing themselves.
Most people don't like that.
Plus... it's the internet haha

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree with you whole-heartedly on that issue. It is because of anonimity that they think they can get by with it. I bet that most of the comments that you see like that on Youtube are either due to kids being immature or due to some adults being straight up jerks. I also bet that the people that make such comments really do not understand the contents of a certain video.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A lot of the comments just come from kids, bored maybe?

Some people are just quite nasty

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Becouse they dont have the best mods on the Internet
And the intelligent members on ATS

simples

new topics

top topics

join