It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery of tombs sheds light on Pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The idea that pyramids were built by slaves is by this discovery not validated. It seems that they were built by workers. This is proved by the fact that one of the chief workers had a tomb in his name which was discovered in this new discovery. If the workers were slaves then they would not have a tomb. One worker who had a tomb even wrote his name on the tomb.

This is indeed a discovery, and further research and excavations and should be done

New tombs found in Giza support the view that the Great Pyramids were built by free workers and not slaves.

Films and media have long depicted slaves toiling away in the desert to build the mammoth pyramids only to meet a miserable death at the end of their efforts.

Egypt's chief archeologist claims the collection of workers' tombs were among the most significant finds in the 20th and 21st centuries.

He said: "What has been discovered this week is some tombs for one of the workers chief called "Edeo" and the workers whom worked under his supervision.

Source: uk.news.yahoo.com...

Video

[edit on 11-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Incredible!!
One must think about the dedication/love they must have had for whomever they were building the particular pyramid for. The assumptions of slaves seem so fitting as we can not conceptualize working that hard for that reason.
It is also still so intriguing to me that even today new information that massively transforms our understanding of the pyramids continues to come to fruition.
Sad that when real "shocking" news comes out it doesnt get the attention.
Star and Flag!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's another thread on the subject.

It's pretty interesting, but not all that new. I'm reading a book by a Egyptologist fellow by the name of Mark Lehner.
The book has a bit about these tombs, and it was published in '97.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The point I think many people are missing is the fact that these tombs were 4,000 years old, which means the pyramids were built 4,000 years ago.

Kinda defeats the whole Aliens build the buggers doesn't it. Because why else would you have 4,000 people die within a certain band of years in one place.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

This'll be ignored by that particular crowd in any case, and no doubt they will have a perfectly good explanation for why they are built like that.
I'm sure they already have on for the general build up over time from mastaba to pyramid.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
aliens helped built the Pyramids
in my view Pyramids are somewhat like a starmap for something.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So, they helped built them up and develop them from mastabas, to the step pyramids, helped with the remodeling of the collapsed pyramid at Meidum, the layered and unfinished pyramids at Zawiyet el-Aryan,then to the bent pyramid, and red pyramid, and ninety some odd pyramids still in existence in Egypt featuring different construction methods and materials over time?

top topics

join