It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 7 in 10 Afghans support US forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yahoo News

KABUL – Nearly seven in 10 Afghans support the presence of U.S. forces in their country, and 61 percent favor the military buildup of 37,000 U.S. and NATO reinforcements now deploying, according to a poll released Monday.

Support for U.S. and NATO forces, however, drops sharply in the south and east where the fighting is the most intense, the poll said.

Nationwide, 10 percent of Afghans support the Taliban, but the insurgents are backed by a higher percent of the population — 27 percent — in the country's southwest, the poll said.

This is good I news I believe. A good percent of the nation supports us, except for the south and east. Hopefully the people that support us will do more on their part like more security training. Im not sure how accurate the poll is tho, considering the courruption in the region. If it is really accurate tho, Im pretty happy about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just because some ignorant Afghanis support a war for oil, it doesn't make it any less morally reprehensable.
If theses guys knew what the real deal was things would be different.
It's weird, now that Afghanis support the war, all of a sudden it matters what they think.
And of course, who's to say the poll is accurate? What new strategy are the we using that makes them all of a sudden want us there?
Not buyin' it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
to hard to believe looks like it was fabricated, i mean 7 in 10 thats 65?

hmm something isnt right about that poll, this why western news outlests cant be trusted.

new topics

join