It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imigration like Oil and Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm not claiming to be of one view or another here. But I'm hearing a lot of negative talk about Muslims and Immigration in general in the UK. The question I would like to debate is, do we need to close the borders of the UK to immigration.

I leaning towards the fact that we do need to close the UK to immigration. What supports my argument is the following:-

- Uk Population rapidly reaching 70 Million. So we are about to have one of the largest populations in Europe.....with a fraction of the land mass of other countries.
- We don't have enough capacity in our Schools or NHS to handle the current population.
- Immigration has been a great thing for the UK. We have many cultures (Great Food!) that have all over the years put their differences aside and have created a new mixed culture where a lot of people share their ideas. Now it seems we have opened the flood gates and we are taking in immigrants by the bucket.
- Most immigrants are not working....ergo the already failing state benefit system is having to magic more cash into thin air to pay for immigrants.
- Most immigrants in the past decade are not working. Ergo the UK tax payer is footing the bill.
- We don't have enough natural resources to cope with the population, ergo our imports far out way our exports.
- There is so much immigration that the system can't cope. Come to the UK, get free housing and benefits....then get forgotten about.
- There is not enough man power to manage the case load at the home office. Each officer has to deal with over 1500 cases per year, which far out ways an individuals capacity.

Also , should we as a nation open our doors to cultures that don't want to integrate with our ways? Why let a group of people in through our doors, spending our money, surviving on my hard earned tax, only to form closed communities?

Can anyone answer what value taking load after load of Immigrants (Non educated, non-english speaking, non working) is adding to the UK? Should we not as a world be finding an alternative so that people don't have to leave their own country. Politcal Refugees I know is a difficult ethical conversation. But in another decade, the UK is going to so poor, that we won't be able to afford any more benefits system. Is it not time we closed the doors and just made our country more stable.

Its getting to the point now where I think a refugee may be worse of coming to the UK than staying in their own country.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by kilas]

[edit on 11-1-2010 by kilas]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You are gonna get slammed for even asking this. Like the US you are supposed to let others in to suck your country dry, all the while complaining they are being discriminated against, and you owe them so much more.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

How dare you have the audacity to not let anymore of those poor immigrants, who come from parts of the world in which your government had a hand in killing.... ( at least that is what the crazy bastards here will say.) Ahhh fook it the west is dying anyways you people in G.B learn the 5 pillars of Islam and pronounce Allah Akbar right. Get your women ready to be covered and Sharia Law to rain in your nation.....

At least we in America don’t have to worry about that yet, we just have illegal’s who can’t speak English who come here and do the same things Americans do...

We can thank Lazy Americans and Stupid Liberals for the downfall of America.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

You seem to be generalizing a lot. What about the muslism who immigrate to the UK who provide services/products/etc to the UK? I'm sure there must be some.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well I hate to say it....but after a lot of research .....its very hard to find any examples. Apart from the owner of Harrods (Alfayed)

Sorry, its not just Muslims....its everyone....we let anyone regardless of what they do, what language they speak, or whether they can offer any value. Statistically, there seems to be very very little economic migration to the UK. But there seem to be a lot parasitical migration to the UK.

I think until the UK gets back on its feet. And the current population has balanced itself culturally, and we find a way of managing the UK population then we have to close our borders.

new topics

top topics

join